DeeNYC - RBA

DeeNYC - RBA

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

April 2nd, 2012, 1:39 am #1

Dee, How are you doing? I've been following your posts. Congratulations on selecting a DE clinic! I'm very happy for you. My DH and I were hoping to use a friend or family member for DE but we are realizing that this is more complicated than expected. My first choice originally said yes, but then said no. I found the experience to be emotionally volatile and so I am starting to think about clinics, although it is overwhelming. RBA does seem to have a lot of happy customers on the boards.

I am wondering: are you happy with the pool of donors at RBA? Finding the right donor causes me a lot of anxiety.

Good luck lining things up. I'm very excited for you.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

April 2nd, 2012, 2:43 am #2

Hi Antoniolisa,

Sorry to hear that your first choice donor falling through. That must have been very hard. Selecting the right donor is so very important. I have tried to narrow things down to my must haves and plan to go from there. As for how I have found the donors at RBA to be, you are not allowed full access until you have done your consult, completed your prerequisites for cycling and put down $500. I have yet to have a consult. Anyone however can look at very basic info about their donors on ther website. I did that to determine how many donors met my basic requirements. They only give you age, race , height, weight, hair color, eye color, blood type and educational background. As an FYI...they only allow you to see childhood pictures which is a deal-breaker for some. The clinic however can match you based upon adult pics only they see. I just needed to make sure they had a sufficient number
of African-American donors. I think its a good idea to take a look to see how many donors they that fit your basic criteria.

I was thinking of going to CNY before this and they allow access to their bank with minimal requirements. It was great. You get lots more info about their backgrounds and family history and such once you are in and the same with RBA. I think once you start looking at some donor profiles you will begin to see what is important to you.

I'm glad that we have DE as an option!!! Are you thinking of any other places for DE?

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

April 3rd, 2012, 2:40 am #3

...for the advice. We might contemplate CNY Syracuse which is within driving distance of our home, but I'm worried about the lab there and the overall quality (we want to do single transfers only so lab becomes important). The price is tempting, though.

RBA is appealing because it seems so efficient and less complicated. We are so weary. It must feel good to have a decision made and moving forward.

I will look at the basic donor info a little more closely. I have anxieties about finding the right donor, partly because I am a stepmother and worry that I already don't have enough in common with my 2 stepdaughters. I think I might need to work on myself rather than obsessing about the right donor, though, lol!

I hope that you find the perfect donor for you and your DH.

Do you happen to know whether the 67% success rate is per transfer or per 16.5K? Thanks.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

April 3rd, 2012, 3:21 am #4

No...my materials only said 67% live birth rate. I would think that means what it means for every other clinic....which I think is per cycle. I could be wrong though. As far as CNY..yes..their stats are not the best and if you are only transferring one at a time...that is certainly something to think about. Then again, the cost of a split cycle is amazing and may be worth a shot. You concerns about a donor are pretty normal I think. I hope you fid the perfect donor too.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

April 4th, 2012, 1:25 am #5

I looked again: stats are 60% live birth per singleton transfer; 70% live birth per 2 embryo transfer. Amazing stats!