Coxackie, Part II

Coxackie, Part II

June 15th, 2012, 1:26 am #1

DD contracted it during week one of day care. Now DH and I have both come down with it. F...!!!!

June 15th, 2012, 1:33 am #2

I didn't know adults could get it. I am so afraid of DD getting anything so young. Hope you all feel better soon.

June 15th, 2012, 1:42 am #3

Adults can get it too. A friend's son got it, was asymptomatic, and passed it on to his dad. We had started South Beach, with some quick success, but I'm allowing myself some ice cream tonight, before it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

June 15th, 2012, 2:28 am #4

We just had it too. My dd caught it-she is 21 months old-I think maybe at our mommy & me class which is at a preschool. Lovely. It was narly. I had to call my brother and he came down to stay with us, because I started getting sick too and panicked. If I have a fever, how can I take care of my LO as I am single? We are better now but it sucks. Hugs. It seems to be going around. Ugh.

June 15th, 2012, 2:59 am #5

DD contracted it during week one of day care. Now DH and I have both come down with it. F...!!!!

DD had it in November, when she was 11 months old. Hers was mostly in the mouth which is unusual. Her nanny got it with sores all around the mouth. I feel for you. It was not fun for either DD or her nanny.

June 15th, 2012, 5:04 am #6

I didn't realize this was possible, either! Hope you all have very mild cases that make you immune for life.

June 15th, 2012, 1:54 pm #7

I got it a few years ago... miserable. Blisters between my fingers, toes, in my throat! The pedi told me we wouldn't get it, that probably we got it as kids but no go!

I think it took about 3-5 days to clear up. Feel better.

Baby Blessings,
Jordee

June 15th, 2012, 7:10 pm #8

Caught it from DS, and it's kicking my ***. Had a 102 fever last night and laid in bed like a zombie. I'm very much hoping to skip the sores. If it follows DS's pattern, they'll show up tomorrow.

Everything I read said adults rarely get it, but that's not true here . I'm just really hoping dh doesn't get it too. He slept in the basement last night to avoid my germs.

June 16th, 2012, 12:40 am #9

just diagnosed wtih hand/foot/mouth today at his 18 month check up. one spot on food, 102 fever on/off all week, coldsore on mouth but deep in his mouth bad throat are sores plus getting 4 teeth at once. lil man has NOT been himself with sleep and eating and suffered all week and we just found out only cause he had his appt! MD said it was mild but yep there. Ugh and daycare was closed this week so we paid anyway even though all 3 were home with DH. Not sure where he got it? daycare? shopping cart? amusement park we were at 2 weeks ago or the many parks since we now do a weeknight park/picnic once a week and a park on sat or sun. Hmm

Sorry to hear you are all sick! It is very hard and sooo frustrating! I so can relate and get mad for/with you. ugh! Just know it is not the daycare or your kid or you or whatever, it just is the fact for the beginning of daycare. We use purell like mad parents since our preemie nicu days and our daycare is very clean and my mother-in-law and nurse nanny are very very OCD! haha

Hang in there and take care!

June 16th, 2012, 2:12 am #10

I got it a few years ago... miserable. Blisters between my fingers, toes, in my throat! The pedi told me we wouldn't get it, that probably we got it as kids but no go!

I think it took about 3-5 days to clear up. Feel better.

Baby Blessings,
Jordee

Hey, Jordee! I sent you a note about 2 weeks ago in response to your post following my dd's birth announcement. I am on the board so sporadically, but did not see you on here during the days following my post to you.

I don't know if it would be difficult for you to find it, but it basically thanked you and responded your request to post a pic of our dd ( I thought it was so sweet of you to ask - ).

Anyway, I hope you and the children are well.

Take care!