Considering Testing embryos - m/c mentioned

Bharani
Bharani

May 3rd, 2012, 10:36 pm #11

If you don't mind can you share with me your protocol of Yale,progesteron and estrogen. When did you start progesteron and the dose, what type of the progesteron, and also the estrogen.

Thanks
Quote
Share

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 5th, 2012, 6:14 am #12

I've been mostly posting on the green board, but I thought I'd put this idea out there for you wise women to help me make a decision, since I'm really 50/50 on how to proceed next. I have used a proven ED and SD - both have produced live full-term, perfect babies for their IPs. I have a GC with 4 perfect pregnancies of her own. On our first attempt, we transferred 2 frozen embryos. (We never did a fresh cycle b/c the ED had a limited timeframe to donate and the GC wasn't ready to go yet.) That xfer resulted in 1 embryo implanting and making it to 10 weeks before we miscarried. Testing showed that it was Turner Syndrome. At the very next cycle, we transferred 2 again and we had a BFN.

My RE says that he wouldn't do anything differently with the medication or protocol. He's confident that the GC is still an excellent candidate. One thing I have decided to do is to let her have 2 natural menstrual cycles before our next xfer - to give her body a chance to recover a bit. In retrospect, I regret doing the 2nd transfer immediately. BTW, the RE says the timing had nothing to do with the BFN and he disagrees with me that this extra time is needed, but I am firm on waiting.

The only thing he said I might consider is CGH testing 6 out of the 9 remaining embryos. They are all 5 or 6 day blasts. 6 are rated AAAs and 3 are rated ABBs. I'm really torn about the testing since I know 1) it's not 100% accurate, 2) it's expensive, 3) it can damage the embryos, 4) it can't guarantee a baby, 5) Turner Syndrome is random - having it once doesn't increase your risk of having it again.

All in all, the cost of testing is a little more than 1.5 times the cost of another fet. Part of my brain thinks that we've used up all the duds, so chances are the remaining embies just have to be good. But I don't want to waste more time and money. So, wise women, what else do I need to consider to help me make this decision?
Our RE only charges 2400 for CGH
Quote
Share