CNY

CNY

Hopeless
Hopeless

June 26th, 2012, 11:58 am #1

Is CNY any good - they put out new pricing that is $6000 for a donor cycle.

Denise
Denise

June 26th, 2012, 2:10 pm #2

Love CNY have twins from first cycle with them. This new price is worth a try, beautiful clinic, nice staff etc. They are building a frozen egg bank so (new program)if you cycle a donor fresh you get 5-7 eggs rest go to their egg bank..

Lost
Lost

June 26th, 2012, 3:50 pm #3

Did you get pg the first cycle? I have not male factor that I know of.

June 26th, 2012, 4:33 pm #4

Is CNY any good - they put out new pricing that is $6000 for a donor cycle.
For DE? The numbers of eggs being offered are similar to what is retrieved in cycles at Czech clinics, where low stimulation methods are used, but it is not a lot of eggs. With 8 eggs retrieved my first (BFN) cycle, I ended up with 2 gr 1 blasts. With 10 (?) the second cycle, I ended up with 2 gr 1 blasts to tx and 2 to freeze. But not everyone ends up with embies at all, and the Czech clinic guaranteed (their fee, but you're still out travel expense) 2 gr 1, and I don't think CNY does any such thing.

Also, I'd be curious about their egg vitrification program. My impression is that it's taking the clinics following pioneer RBA longer than anticipated to get their programs going, and I don't know about success rates.

I'm out of the game; our family is complete. But since we often discuss lower cost U.S. alternatives on the support forum for the clinic where I cycled, I like to know about any big status changes with clinics like CNY (several Zlin patients on that forum have moved on to CNY).

Thanks,

Maggie (in VA)

Denise
Denise

June 26th, 2012, 6:34 pm #5

CNY does not have guarantee, and has new lab so hopefully this frozen egg program will give a new option. Right now with cycling fresh cycle and getting 5-7 mature eggs for $6,000 will be a good low cost option.

Denise
Denise

June 26th, 2012, 6:35 pm #6

Did you get pg the first cycle? I have not male factor that I know of.
YES!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 26th, 2012, 7:16 pm #7

For DE? The numbers of eggs being offered are similar to what is retrieved in cycles at Czech clinics, where low stimulation methods are used, but it is not a lot of eggs. With 8 eggs retrieved my first (BFN) cycle, I ended up with 2 gr 1 blasts. With 10 (?) the second cycle, I ended up with 2 gr 1 blasts to tx and 2 to freeze. But not everyone ends up with embies at all, and the Czech clinic guaranteed (their fee, but you're still out travel expense) 2 gr 1, and I don't think CNY does any such thing.

Also, I'd be curious about their egg vitrification program. My impression is that it's taking the clinics following pioneer RBA longer than anticipated to get their programs going, and I don't know about success rates.

I'm out of the game; our family is complete. But since we often discuss lower cost U.S. alternatives on the support forum for the clinic where I cycled, I like to know about any big status changes with clinics like CNY (several Zlin patients on that forum have moved on to CNY).

Thanks,

Maggie (in VA)
The bottom line is that CNY's stats are not great. Their stats for 2010 on SART are-Fresh DE cycles, 40.8% and FET's 16.4%. I would not trust them to do frozen donor egg cycles frankly when their FET stats are so terrible. Freezing eggs is much more delicate and then the thawing and possible re-freezing..no...I would take a wait and see attitude. A new lab is great, but you need people working inside of those labs that know what they are doing. That they have FET stats this low even with vitrification is very strange IMHO and I have heard all of the xcuses as to why. Five to seven eggs and no guarantee that you will even have a transfer or a high quality embryo or blast is not so great. Previously, for $6,000 plus 1/2 meds at CNY you would get a split...half of a donors eggs. Oftentimes many more than 5-7. New Hope has much better stats and sells 6 eggs for $10,000 and at least guarantees the transfer of one blast. RBA only gives you 4-8 eggs, usually 6 for $16,5000, but at least you get a guarantee of the transfer of two high quality embryos. Also, they have a 675 or higher success rate with frozen donor eggs.

That being said, where else can someone do a DE cycle of any type here in the US for $6,000 so the truth is, they are giving many people a chance to make their dreams come true. CNY just would not be my first stop to do a frozen donor egg cycle. Fresh is another thing all together.

June 26th, 2012, 7:36 pm #8

That I meant to note earlier, on their Web site, they state that you can purchase more eggs. That sort of stunned me, because fertility clinics have always resisted the idea that they are "selling" women's eggs and characterized their service as facilitating a donation process. Well, having that out there just sort of blows that all to heck. Maggie (in VA)

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 26th, 2012, 7:41 pm #9

I know that RBA also allows you to buy more eggs.

Lost
Lost

June 26th, 2012, 7:53 pm #10

The bottom line is that CNY's stats are not great. Their stats for 2010 on SART are-Fresh DE cycles, 40.8% and FET's 16.4%. I would not trust them to do frozen donor egg cycles frankly when their FET stats are so terrible. Freezing eggs is much more delicate and then the thawing and possible re-freezing..no...I would take a wait and see attitude. A new lab is great, but you need people working inside of those labs that know what they are doing. That they have FET stats this low even with vitrification is very strange IMHO and I have heard all of the xcuses as to why. Five to seven eggs and no guarantee that you will even have a transfer or a high quality embryo or blast is not so great. Previously, for $6,000 plus 1/2 meds at CNY you would get a split...half of a donors eggs. Oftentimes many more than 5-7. New Hope has much better stats and sells 6 eggs for $10,000 and at least guarantees the transfer of one blast. RBA only gives you 4-8 eggs, usually 6 for $16,5000, but at least you get a guarantee of the transfer of two high quality embryos. Also, they have a 675 or higher success rate with frozen donor eggs.

That being said, where else can someone do a DE cycle of any type here in the US for $6,000 so the truth is, they are giving many people a chance to make their dreams come true. CNY just would not be my first stop to do a frozen donor egg cycle. Fresh is another thing all together.
I would be doing Fresh first time out but there is the if it doesn't work the first time issue.