cheaper pharmacy other than Freedom?

cheaper pharmacy other than Freedom?

Brenda
Brenda

March 22nd, 2011, 12:57 pm #1

Ladies, please chime in, isnt there another cheaper mail order pharmacy other than freedom in the northeast? I do love freedom though...just watching the pennies this cycle!
B

Blueberry5
Blueberry5

March 22nd, 2011, 1:17 pm #2

I had the fertility clinic case manager shop around for me and she gave me competitive prices from different pharmacies but each drug price was different (sometimes Lupron was less at Walgreens and Cetrotide at another pharmacy so I used them both). My local pharmacy is reasonable.
Sometimes clinics have incentives to use certain pharmacies so that's who they call first but if you ask for prices the clinic might shop around for you. I usually deal with two different pharmacies ( I've had meds ordered 5 times).
ASK THE CLINIC FOR DONATED MEDS as well! I got two thousand dollars worth of medications donated to my donor this last cycle. I asked the case manager for donated meds three months ahead and she got them for my donor.

Daisy7412
Daisy7412

March 22nd, 2011, 3:58 pm #3

Ladies, please chime in, isnt there another cheaper mail order pharmacy other than freedom in the northeast? I do love freedom though...just watching the pennies this cycle!
B
Cooper put in an order for my donor with Mandells in Northern Nj but when I checked with Success Meds (they are in the Cooper complex in marlton) they were cheaper by $10 a vial on repronex (needed 20 vials and they delivered free! Marina the pharmacist is very nice too.

Lovethebeach
Lovethebeach

March 22nd, 2011, 6:11 pm #4

B
I shopped around at several pharmacies when we started the whole IVF process and at that time, Schraft's (affiliated w/Walgreens) had the best prices. I've used them on all of my cycles and have always been pleased with their prices, promptness, and information. I even had one of their pharmacists return a phone call to me on a Sunday afternoon to answer a question when I was first starting with the meds. They are located in NJ and ship anywhere. Their phone number is (800) 876-4545. Good luck!

March 22nd, 2011, 6:15 pm #5

They have the absolute best prices on the Novarel. I also like Alexander's Twin in NJ. They have good prices on Pregnyl and Follistim. Here is a list of pharmacies that have the designrx discount. http://www.designrx.net/Specialty-Ferti ... acies.aspx

xoxo, Tracy

Blueberry5
Blueberry5

March 22nd, 2011, 7:39 pm #6

B
Professional Pharmacy! They are on Tracy's linked list and they were great/very reasonable! Plus if I remember correctly they were the only one who offered to accepted unused medications as returns. Seriously. Also liked their staff/very friendly.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 22nd, 2011, 9:30 pm #7

B
I used them for when I was in a pinch and it was very convenient to drive there for me since I was just a few minutes away. They are open Saturday and Sunday too. And they do ship anywhere as well.

It's small and family owned but they stock everything and they are very knowledgable about the meds (they specialize in infertility meds). They also were very upfront and told me that they didn't want to give away business but that they couldn't match Freedom's price on Gonal F because Freedom has a special manufacturer agreement.

http://www.glenrockmedicalpharmacy.com/

March 23rd, 2011, 12:37 am #8

B
Hi,

I am not sure if it's cheaper but Village pharmacy is Waltham Ma. I know freedom was cheaper than a pharmacy called Trissent that I had to use before. Just thought I would pass on another option.

best of luck

March 23rd, 2011, 12:37 am #9

B
Hi,

I am not sure if it's cheaper but Village pharmacy is Waltham Ma. I know freedom was cheaper than a pharmacy called Trissent that I had to use before. Just thought I would pass on another option.

best of luck

March 23rd, 2011, 4:48 pm #10

I used them for when I was in a pinch and it was very convenient to drive there for me since I was just a few minutes away. They are open Saturday and Sunday too. And they do ship anywhere as well.

It's small and family owned but they stock everything and they are very knowledgable about the meds (they specialize in infertility meds). They also were very upfront and told me that they didn't want to give away business but that they couldn't match Freedom's price on Gonal F because Freedom has a special manufacturer agreement.

http://www.glenrockmedicalpharmacy.com/
I'm sorry I can't speak to their prices, because I used them during an IVF cycle, which was covered by insurance. They are very thorough and knowledgeable.

I had very trying experiences with Freedom and Medco/Acredo. They seem to go out of their way to get ther orders wrong. Acredo once called me on the day the order was due for delivery to tell me they were out of stock.