big scare but some good news

big scare but some good news

wt
wt

March 5th, 2011, 6:46 pm #1

This morning I woke up and the whole room was moving and kept moving and moving and moving. I checked whether there was an earthquake but nothing else was moving, just my head. Then, I started throwing up and almost passed out a couple of times. Anyway, they sent me to the hospital in an ambulance where I had bloodwork, ultrasound, and a neurological workup. They think it was a reaction to all the estrogen I'm on. I have to stay home until Wed. and they gave me a prescription for an anti-emetic, which completely stopped the room spinning.

The good news is that my HcG is now 1600 so more than doubled. They didn't see a baby sac yet but things are looking good.

Anyone else ever an estrogen reaction like that?

March 5th, 2011, 7:03 pm #2

I was trying to get up from the bed and everything starting spinning to where I couldn't tell up from down. Like an awful sense of vertigo or something. I couldn't stand. I just got back in bed and laid down. It was all I could do. Thank goodness I didn't throw up, because I couldn't move, as I couldn't tell up from down. So it would have been all over myself. But, mine went away pretty quickly, so no need for the trip to the hospital. It only happened once, and then again, a bit more mildly another time. That one was over very quickly. I was seeing my RE that day of the first episode. He wasn't too worried about it, but I can't remember if he decreased some of my estrogen. I was on a lot of estrogen as I had lining issues.

I hope you feel better.

ETA: I forgot to type the most important part of the message. Congratulations!
Last edited by margolis on March 5th, 2011, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesameboat
thesameboat

March 5th, 2011, 9:06 pm #3

This morning I woke up and the whole room was moving and kept moving and moving and moving. I checked whether there was an earthquake but nothing else was moving, just my head. Then, I started throwing up and almost passed out a couple of times. Anyway, they sent me to the hospital in an ambulance where I had bloodwork, ultrasound, and a neurological workup. They think it was a reaction to all the estrogen I'm on. I have to stay home until Wed. and they gave me a prescription for an anti-emetic, which completely stopped the room spinning.

The good news is that my HcG is now 1600 so more than doubled. They didn't see a baby sac yet but things are looking good.

How much are you on?! No, I never had a problem like that with any of my many, many cycles, but heck, it's made up for by that fantastic Beta!! Congratulions!

I sincerely hope you're already feeling better and that you have a healthy and uneventful 35 weeks ahead of you!

March 5th, 2011, 10:33 pm #4

I had extreme dizziness with one of my pregnancies at the very early stage only....
Last edited by loochieuk on March 5th, 2011, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wt
wt

March 6th, 2011, 11:31 am #5

well, they originally thought it might be a pregnancy symptom but the fact that it was so strong (I really couldn't tell up from down like I was in a huge gyroscope), and kept going on and on for about an hour and a half, coupled with the fact that i'm wearing 4 patches and taking 4 pills per day made them decide it was the estrogen. Both doctors said that taking the amount of estrogen I'm taking is like drinking a bottle of rum in one day. Either way, they aren't cutting back my estrogen, just trying to keep me hydrated and said i can take the anti-emetic if I start to feel any symptoms. I'm hoping it is the estrogen since they will eventually cut that back but I hope the pg will go on for a lot longer.

Orchid
Orchid

March 6th, 2011, 6:10 pm #6

That's a lot of estrogen!

CRAZY stuff can happen when you are pregnant.

That sounds like an inner ear thing but I think stuff like that can happen in the brain as well.

Orchid
Orchid

March 6th, 2011, 6:11 pm #7

It just sounds like such a flukey thing. But I would have been a little freaked and it sounds like you handled it like a champ.

keifel
keifel

March 6th, 2011, 6:38 pm #8

it was related to a whiplash injury. I used to get it once and awhile (fortunately, very infrequently now, and much less severe). Also, muscle relaxants would trigger it. Meclizine (sp), aka anti-vert, would help with the nausea and basically just make me sleep it off. I hope that it isn't recurring for you... it's pretty awful (unerstatement!)

March 6th, 2011, 6:49 pm #9

I had a head injury and got vertigo like that also n/t

wt
wt

March 6th, 2011, 6:54 pm #10

That's a lot of estrogen!

CRAZY stuff can happen when you are pregnant.

That sounds like an inner ear thing but I think stuff like that can happen in the brain as well.
and even with all that, I only got 8.5. THe good news is that I've been feeling fine since then so I hope it was just a one time deal. In the meantime, I'm enjoying a little downtime.