BFN this week...questions for RE on Monday??

BFN this week...questions for RE on Monday??

Mrs. H
Mrs. H

June 15th, 2012, 3:59 pm #1

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I unfortunately found out this week that I had probably had a chemical pregnancy from my first DE cycle. I go back to see my RE on Monday, and I want to be armed with all the questions I should ask or additional tests I should request. So far, all of the usual tests (thyroid, HCG, etc) have come back normal, but I know some ladies on here had normal results on first blush, but further testing showed issues.
I just want to get as prepared as humanly possible for this next round since, with just five frozen embies, we frankly can't afford many more rounds.

Thanks, and happy Friday!

thesameboat
thesameboat

June 15th, 2012, 7:44 pm #2

I know how disappointing it is to get a bfn on a cycle that you've invested so much in.

One thing that made a difference for me was that my chlamydia tests had always been negative, but they were only the vaginal swabs and it turned out that when a doctor finally ordered a blood test to test for antibodies, I had them. And they fluctuated. She then suggested I always take antibiotics when cycling since chlamydia can live higher up than the traditional vaginal test catches. And it can be a type that doesn't get cured by antibiotics, just held back. Otherwise, we did all the standard tests for ANAs and MTHFR, both of which I had.

Wishing you the best of luck for your next cycle.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 15th, 2012, 10:47 pm #3

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I unfortunately found out this week that I had probably had a chemical pregnancy from my first DE cycle. I go back to see my RE on Monday, and I want to be armed with all the questions I should ask or additional tests I should request. So far, all of the usual tests (thyroid, HCG, etc) have come back normal, but I know some ladies on here had normal results on first blush, but further testing showed issues.
I just want to get as prepared as humanly possible for this next round since, with just five frozen embies, we frankly can't afford many more rounds.

Thanks, and happy Friday!
Just wanted to say that I am so very sorry. If you do a search on these boards for immune issues, NK cells, DQ-Alpha and HLA matches as well as sperm fragmentation, you will get a list of tests that you might want to possibly consider before moving on. Good luck.

Mrs. H
Mrs. H

June 18th, 2012, 3:22 am #4

I know how disappointing it is to get a bfn on a cycle that you've invested so much in.

One thing that made a difference for me was that my chlamydia tests had always been negative, but they were only the vaginal swabs and it turned out that when a doctor finally ordered a blood test to test for antibodies, I had them. And they fluctuated. She then suggested I always take antibiotics when cycling since chlamydia can live higher up than the traditional vaginal test catches. And it can be a type that doesn't get cured by antibiotics, just held back. Otherwise, we did all the standard tests for ANAs and MTHFR, both of which I had.

Wishing you the best of luck for your next cycle.
For your response, support, and suggestion.

Mrs. H
Mrs. H

June 18th, 2012, 3:23 am #5

Just wanted to say that I am so very sorry. If you do a search on these boards for immune issues, NK cells, DQ-Alpha and HLA matches as well as sperm fragmentation, you will get a list of tests that you might want to possibly consider before moving on. Good luck.
I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. I am trying to stay positive!