Beta of 2.8

Beta of 2.8

Mrs. H
Mrs. H

June 11th, 2012, 7:16 pm #1

I went in this morning for my first beta (ET was on May 30, so beta was 12dp5dt), and the result was 2.8. To me, that indicates a BFN - which was pretty crushing.
However, my RE wants me to come in again on Wednesday for another beta.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or started with a really low beta level and went on to a successful pregnancy?

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 11th, 2012, 9:00 pm #2

The only way your pregnant is if the beta test was wrong, but that beta is too low. How many times have you tried IVF?

Mrs. H
Mrs. H

June 11th, 2012, 9:10 pm #3

No, I understand the beta is way too low - was just kind of wondering what it meant. My RE's office got back to me and said they wanted to run more tests to make sure it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy - but the greater likelihood is that I had a chemical.
I have POF, so we never made it to IVF (many canceled cycles); this is my first try with DEs.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 11th, 2012, 9:27 pm #4

Hopefully, you have frozen embryos. I got pregant with my first try and transferred two. But I have friends that only get pregnant with FET. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. How is your clinics SART with fresh and frozen. Alot of them are very close.

Mrs. H
Mrs. H

June 11th, 2012, 9:33 pm #5

We have five frozen embryos, which is the positive. The negative is that I didn't know to look at the clinic's SART stats before I started the donor cycle - they aren't all that great (although, to be fair, they have only reported on live births for DE, not on actual pregnancies). With DE, the % live birth for fresh DE is 43 percent; 33.3 percent for FET.

Trying to remain optimistic...and figure out EVERYTHING I should do to prepare for the next cycle.

Mrs. H
Mrs. H

June 11th, 2012, 9:37 pm #6

I should also clarify to say that this clinic has the best stats in the my metropolitan area...and I do love my RE.
Fingers crossed for the FET!

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 11th, 2012, 10:35 pm #7

I went in this morning for my first beta (ET was on May 30, so beta was 12dp5dt), and the result was 2.8. To me, that indicates a BFN - which was pretty crushing.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or started with a really low beta level and went on to a successful pregnancy?
Very sorry, I wish you had gotten better news from your cycle. For me the clinic considered it a negative and I was told to stop meds.

I wondered if it meant some sort of implantation had occurred and failed for whatever reason. It turns out that both men and women can naturally have very low levels of circulating HCG in their systems at any time completely unrelated to pregnancy. Less than 5 is usually considered negative. I'm not sure why your clinic is doing betas so late, an earlier one may have given more info as far as if implantation had taken place at all, then failed. I agree that your RE is probably doing a follow-up test to rule out a lab error from the first test.

Dee
Dee

June 11th, 2012, 11:21 pm #8

how many embryos did you transfer?

If you want some information about beta numbers, then you can look athttp://www.betabase.info/

It collects statistics from women who report beta numbers from their pregnancies.

Mrs. H
Mrs. H

June 12th, 2012, 2:34 am #9

Dee, thanks for your response. After a lot of back and forth, I transfered one.

June 12th, 2012, 1:15 pm #10

Mine was 4.6 at 12 dpo and 37 at 15 dpo and that went on to be a successful pregnancy. But it does seem that yours is a chemical, unfortunately.

I hope for you, of course, that you get an amazing surprise, but I agree that it doesn't look good.

I hope you find success soon.