Beta in..BFP

Beta in..BFP

December 31st, 2011, 6:49 pm #1

1st beta on Tues was 149, 2nd on Thurs was 434 so I guess this means we're officially preggers. However, nurse said no more betas & that next appointment would be 6 wk US in a little more than a week. Is that normal to not do additional betas? I guess at this point whatever happens, happens and another beta isn't going to change anything but it just seemed odd to me that we aren't doing another one. Thoughts??

demomone
demomone

December 31st, 2011, 7:30 pm #2

for most clinics to only test twice, if is rising normally and is a strong number.
Also, would depend on your history. My clinc only tests twice but given my history, they brought me in for an additional beta and early u/s.
You are preggers..enjoy the ride.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

December 31st, 2011, 9:11 pm #3

1st beta on Tues was 149, 2nd on Thurs was 434 so I guess this means we're officially preggers. However, nurse said no more betas & that next appointment would be 6 wk US in a little more than a week. Is that normal to not do additional betas? I guess at this point whatever happens, happens and another beta isn't going to change anything but it just seemed odd to me that we aren't doing another one. Thoughts??
So happy for you.

Katie Robins
Katie Robins

December 31st, 2011, 9:59 pm #4

But my betas started very low, so I think they were being careful. I had 4 betas before my 6 week ultrasound. This sounds positive!

January 1st, 2012, 7:02 am #5

Your numbers look good and yes it is normal to only have two beta tests before the 6 week ultrasound.