beta down to 27

beta down to 27

hopeful7608
hopeful7608

March 22nd, 2012, 8:55 pm #1

So as my intuition told me it dropped to 27....so I will be stopping all the meds. Our RE thinks this is progress (?really) after a failed fresh with 2 "perfect" embryos and a chemical. I don't know what it is.....not so great embryos despite their appearance or ME! We added the CCRM antihistamine protocol this time (prednisone, claritin and Pepcid) and at least got implantation. Does anyone know or has anyone done intralipids? My doctor does not really believe in the whole immune thing but I could possibly persuade him to let me try or just do it on my own (DH is physician and we could get our ob/gyn or someone else to write rx). Any thoughts?

The only good news is I don't have to sit out a cycle and once I get my period and beta 0 I can schedule the next FET (we still have 3 frozen and he only thinks we should transfer 2).

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

March 22nd, 2012, 10:33 pm #2

Glad you have some frosties to move ahead for the next cycle. Take care of yourself.

March 22nd, 2012, 10:34 pm #3

So as my intuition told me it dropped to 27....so I will be stopping all the meds. Our RE thinks this is progress (?really) after a failed fresh with 2 "perfect" embryos and a chemical. I don't know what it is.....not so great embryos despite their appearance or ME! We added the CCRM antihistamine protocol this time (prednisone, claritin and Pepcid) and at least got implantation. Does anyone know or has anyone done intralipids? My doctor does not really believe in the whole immune thing but I could possibly persuade him to let me try or just do it on my own (DH is physician and we could get our ob/gyn or someone else to write rx). Any thoughts?

The only good news is I don't have to sit out a cycle and once I get my period and beta 0 I can schedule the next FET (we still have 3 frozen and he only thinks we should transfer 2).
I am so sorry. I know how disappointing and painful that is. I've been there.

After several failed OE cycles because of male factor IF (I turned out to be a poor responder), we finally turned to DE and expected it to work. But it didn't. By donor 4, I had consulted a reproductive immunologist. We did prednisone, heparin, aspirin, broadband antibiotics (I had always had negative chlamydia test swabs, but turned out to have fluctuating levels of antibodies in my blood, indicating that maybe it was living further up, in my uterus.)

I got pregnant on that cycle and it dragged out for weeks before I finally went off the meds and m/c.

It was similar to what you're describing. I was terribly sad, but I knew now that I could get pregnant now.

My RI recommeded a few changes before donor 5. We upped my prednisone to 15 mg every morning and added Granocyte injections (1 two hours before transfer and one 24 hours after). She also had me take OTC bovine colostrum capsules every day.

I sincerely hope you find the solution and I wish you healing for now and the best of luck in future.

March 22nd, 2012, 10:50 pm #4

so sorry to hear your beta dropped (((hugs)) Can I ask what the CCRM protocol is?

March 22nd, 2012, 10:54 pm #5

So sorry for your loss and disappointment. I know nothing about the immune issues, but I hope you get the information you need, and I wish you success next time!

March 22nd, 2012, 11:25 pm #6

I have just gone through this too. It is always such a blow. I wish you much better luck with your frozens.

Most recently I had a positve but low rising beta that had no heartbeat on US at 6 weeks. After that cycle I went over everything with my RE and I recommend that to anyone trying to regroup. I scheduled the consult after I had time to calm down and do some research. It was a great discussion because I could carefully lay out each potential issue and discuss it in terms of what we know from the failed cycle and my past history.

Still no easy answers but I am going forward knowing that both my Dr. and I are on the same page.

Good luck to you.

March 23rd, 2012, 12:35 am #7

But I'm happy to know that you have the opportunity for an FET. I wish you all the best for your next transfer.

With respect to intralipids, I've used them for several past transfers and am using them in my current cycle, while I am not "proof" that it can help, many beleive it can't hurt (unless you have a chicken egg allergy, the lipid product I have used is derived from chicken eggs).

Good luck to you as you move forward.

March 23rd, 2012, 12:41 am #8

I'm so sorry. Its so hard to get this far and have a chemical but as your RE said, it does show that implantation took place. Big hugs to you. I hope you have your baby in your FET. ((()))

March 23rd, 2012, 12:50 am #9

I was hoping it would work out, but your heart was telling you otherwise.

Before you move forward with your frozens, I would get a real RI to work with you remotely. So many of us on the boards have had these questions, I wish it were a straightforward path, but I can tell you, as one of the "rare outliers' in the IF world, the right doc with the right protocol makes all the difference (crossing my fingers now, as I am in the middle of a cycle).

You ought to consider running a thrombophilia panel and the Beer immune panel, and get a good RI to prescribe a regimen. Timing is important as well as the specific drugs. These tests cost a little bit, but nothing even close to an FET. It is worth really looking into it with your remaining frozens.

Hugs --

March 23rd, 2012, 1:04 am #10

But the implantation is good news.

I know you are eager to move on to your FETs, but I've read so much on this board about wasted time, embryos and money on cycles that when certain testing would be very telling. I am definitely not an expert in this area, but if you put your situation out on the pink board you will probably get lots of suggestions and ideas on how to get the test in spit of your doctor's opinion on the immune situation. That is such a closed minded attitude considering there are so many women who can attest to immune issues and remedies.

There are also lots of women from the pink board who come to the yellow, so you will likely get great advice here too.

Hang in there, and I just wish you the best with your FETs once you get to those.