Bad sign? Driving myself crazy in the 2ww..

Bad sign? Driving myself crazy in the 2ww..

April 4th, 2012, 9:32 pm #1

Ok, so I'm REALLY regretting that I POAS... On Monday, only 3dp5dt, I gave in because I was having so much cramping... I fully expected it to be negative, but I told myself I would just get a baseline. Stupid, I know. Well, it was FAINTLY positive. Today, I tried again, hoping it would be darker, and it wasn't. Not even a little. The faint line is still there (which I've never seen before - I have lots of HPT experience, trust me), but that's it. If its for real, shouldn't it be a little darker? I've had such a negative feeling all day; now I feel like everything is lost..

What do you guys think?
Last edited by leigh74 on April 4th, 2012, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LizLA
LizLA

April 4th, 2012, 9:45 pm #2

As I remember it got darker on the date I did my beta.

GL

April 4th, 2012, 11:02 pm #3

Ok, so I'm REALLY regretting that I POAS... On Monday, only 3dp5dt, I gave in because I was having so much cramping... I fully expected it to be negative, but I told myself I would just get a baseline. Stupid, I know. Well, it was FAINTLY positive. Today, I tried again, hoping it would be darker, and it wasn't. Not even a little. The faint line is still there (which I've never seen before - I have lots of HPT experience, trust me), but that's it. If its for real, shouldn't it be a little darker? I've had such a negative feeling all day; now I feel like everything is lost..

What do you guys think?
I actually went from a YES+ to a NO- the next day with a digital, and my "analogs" did not get any darker from when I finally got BFP 7dp5dt and secnd beta 12dp5dt. And I had twins on board. Hang in there.

green.elephant
green.elephant

April 4th, 2012, 11:34 pm #4

What do you guys think?
You are braver than I am! I held out until the morning of my beta to POAS. Maybe too late now, but try to relax & hide the tests - think about other things... distract yourself for a few more days... Fingers crossed!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

April 5th, 2012, 12:10 am #5

What do you guys think?
A line is a line. As long as it is still there I think you are okay. Hang it there...3 more days until Saturday. I'm not feeling to optimistic so I going to avoid the evil sticks until Monday.

smrc
smrc

April 5th, 2012, 12:43 am #6

What do you guys think?
and I wish I could help you with the reading of the sticks- I was/am always too chicken to POAS. Hoping for nothing but ++ and also hope the OPs eased your nervousness at least a little bit. Hang in there!!

April 5th, 2012, 4:30 am #7

What do you guys think?
I am not much help, b/c I just hate those evil sticks and avoided them altogether. I hope that regardless of what the line looks like, that you get a nice strong beta.

GL

April 5th, 2012, 3:11 pm #8

What do you guys think?
After seeing what ladies went through w/chemicals, I vowed I wouldn't POAS, except that both my initial betas fell on a Friday and I did it so I wouldn't have to wait out the weekend w/o knowing. Anyway, after the initial disappointment on my first cycle, I nearly puked when I did the HPT the second time, but it said "Pregnant." And while that was heartening, I knew there were still all kinds of possibilities.

But I was completely buggy during my 2ww's, even w/o POAS. So, I would personally refrain from doing it, but you won't necessarily get a lot saner from that.

{{{Hugs}}}

Maggie (in VA)

thesameboat
thesameboat

April 5th, 2012, 4:39 pm #9

What do you guys think?
Well, I think it's an amazing sign! 3 dp5dt?!

I actually had blood drawn on my one successful cycle at 12dpo (6dp6dt) and my hcg was only 4.7, so it would have been a negative on an hpt. Your hcg must be pretty strong to be showing up so early!

The color of the lines aren't really a very accurate indicator of the level of hcg. Only a beta will tell you amounts.

April 5th, 2012, 5:45 pm #10

What do you guys think?
Actually, I realized it was 4dp5dt, not 3dp... regardless, you're all right, and thank you for the calming and reassuring words.

If it was anyone else asking this question, I'd be the first person to tell them that these tests are not precisely calibrated, and they're certainly not calibrated well enough to see small quantitative changes in hcg.. In fact, the last time I was pregnant, the line was never as dark as the reference line, even the day my beta was 6000, so I'm lucky that I'm seeing anything at all right now. For that I'm thankful.

I won't do another one before the blood test, though. I think I've learned my lesson. I think.

Thanks again, ladies. I'd never survive this without you.
Leigh