Back on the Horse

Back on the Horse

April 10th, 2012, 10:12 pm #1

Thanks, all, for your support and kind wishes below. Yesterday was kind of tough as the disappointment sank in.

But I've been regrouping and, long story short, have already selected another donor! I'm kind of in shock. I spent all morning feeling disgruntled that SG's selection was so paltry, and then around lunchtime this donor appeared. She had been a complete match, but one of her recipients backed out, so she appeared and we snatched her up immediately. I actually feel better about her than I did about our first donor, both wrt her medical history and for having things in common with me. So we start again...

Oh, and we're primary recipient this time!

First things first I need to summon AF (will start Provera). Hopefully this will unfold quickly.

Last edited by hopefulindelaware on April 10th, 2012, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 10th, 2012, 10:44 pm #2

Getting back on the horse is exciting and terrifying at the same time.

I am primary this time too (for what that's worth). I am a bit ahead of you but we will be quite close for transfer dates.

Here's to success in May (raises pretend glass of wine...)!

April 10th, 2012, 11:15 pm #3

Thanks, all, for your support and kind wishes below. Yesterday was kind of tough as the disappointment sank in.

But I've been regrouping and, long story short, have already selected another donor! I'm kind of in shock. I spent all morning feeling disgruntled that SG's selection was so paltry, and then around lunchtime this donor appeared. She had been a complete match, but one of her recipients backed out, so she appeared and we snatched her up immediately. I actually feel better about her than I did about our first donor, both wrt her medical history and for having things in common with me. So we start again...

First things first I need to summon AF (will start Provera). Hopefully this will unfold quickly.
This seems like a much, much better scenario for you! I'm so glad to hear it. Congrats and I'll be looking forward to positive, exciting updates!

April 11th, 2012, 2:20 am #4

Congrats on finding a donor so soon and that you are the primary recip. I know the waiting is the worst part, but really it is just around the corner.

Julie
Julie

April 11th, 2012, 3:21 am #5

This sounds good to me. I had a similar thing when my first donor went AWOL. I became the primary in the next one. I had so much more peace with that. And I am very happy with the outcome.

So glad that donor popped up. That is one thing I stress about SG -- its donor list is far from static. The fact that you just happened to see your donor pop in. I bet if you had checked an hour or two later, she would not have been there. It all sounds like it is part of YOUR plan. Any idea when the cycle will start?

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

April 11th, 2012, 8:53 am #6

I'm glad you didn't have to wait for other recipients. So happy you are in the primary spot. Keep us posted.

April 11th, 2012, 1:19 pm #7

Getting back on the horse is exciting and terrifying at the same time.

I am primary this time too (for what that's worth). I am a bit ahead of you but we will be quite close for transfer dates.

Here's to success in May (raises pretend glass of wine...)!
Thanks, Seymo. Here's hoping both of our upcoming cycles are better than our last ones! Glad you're the primary, too.

April 11th, 2012, 1:20 pm #8

This seems like a much, much better scenario for you! I'm so glad to hear it. Congrats and I'll be looking forward to positive, exciting updates!
Thanks, Leigh! n/t

April 11th, 2012, 1:20 pm #9

Congrats on finding a donor so soon and that you are the primary recip. I know the waiting is the worst part, but really it is just around the corner.
Thanks, Dixiechic! n/t

thesameboat
thesameboat

April 11th, 2012, 1:25 pm #10

This sounds much, much better! Good luck!