anyone prescribed estrogen after transfer?

anyone prescribed estrogen after transfer?

wt
wt

March 2nd, 2011, 7:23 pm #1

Hey there,

My doctor still has me on the same amount of estrogen as he did when we were building my lining and I'm almost done with my 2 ww. Is anyone else doing this? I just ran out of my prescription yesterday (although I'm still wearing the patches) and didn't get them refilled since I'm on 1 mm PIO shots every day and that's all we did during my other cycles. Do you think it will cause a problem if I stop taking the estrogen for one day?

Rachel

March 2nd, 2011, 7:59 pm #2

until you know definitely whether you are pregnant or not. I would be worried about missing even one day as it is an essential hormone for supporting any potential pregnancy. Your body relies completely on artificial hormones to support a pregnancy.

Best,
Daisy
x

March 2nd, 2011, 8:05 pm #3

Hey there,

My doctor still has me on the same amount of estrogen as he did when we were building my lining and I'm almost done with my 2 ww. Is anyone else doing this? I just ran out of my prescription yesterday (although I'm still wearing the patches) and didn't get them refilled since I'm on 1 mm PIO shots every day and that's all we did during my other cycles. Do you think it will cause a problem if I stop taking the estrogen for one day?

Rachel
Without knowing more, I would be very concerned over missing a day of Estrace, although hopefully the patches will keep you going. But your clinic is who knows what your protocol should be. Maggie (in VA)

Kacee
Kacee

March 2nd, 2011, 8:36 pm #4

Hey there,

Rachel
I was on it for 8-10 weeks after transfer.

wt
wt

March 2nd, 2011, 8:47 pm #5

Hey there,

Rachel
I went and got it and took 2 right away. I'll take 2 more before bedtime since I'm supposed to be taking 4 a day. I just assumed that since I never took estrogen on my OE cycles and so many people talked about their doctors reducing their estrogen prior to transfer, that it wouldn't be necessary. But now, I'm back on track hopefully!

Rachel

March 2nd, 2011, 9:40 pm #6

essential hormones necessary for maintaining a pregnancy which is why you need the estrogen and progesterone for at least 8-12 weeks of a DE pregnancy.

Daisy
xx

March 2nd, 2011, 11:50 pm #7

Hey there,

Rachel
You will want to stay on some dose of estrogen after transfer, you need the added boost. Keep your patches on and yes, I would check with your nurse or doc stat and demand a call back today -- it's worth it.

March 3rd, 2011, 12:56 am #8

Hey there,

Rachel
I am so glad you got your prescription filled and are back on track!  My clinic has me continuing to take estrogen until I get to 12 weeks.   It tapers down as time goes on but you definitely want to continue it in the 2WW and beyond.  Best of luck.

Pandora

March 3rd, 2011, 11:16 am #9

I went and got it and took 2 right away. I'll take 2 more before bedtime since I'm supposed to be taking 4 a day. I just assumed that since I never took estrogen on my OE cycles and so many people talked about their doctors reducing their estrogen prior to transfer, that it wouldn't be necessary. But now, I'm back on track hopefully!

Rachel
Try to view DE cycles as if they were FETs (not natural FETs though). Glad you're fine. Good luck!