Anyone having a tough Mother's Day?

Anyone having a tough Mother's Day?

Violet
Violet

May 13th, 2012, 5:21 pm #1

I am. It's not an easy day after so many years of ttc.
Anyone else feeling it?
Thanks,
Violet

Dee
Dee

May 13th, 2012, 6:10 pm #2

for me, as well.

Violet
Violet

May 13th, 2012, 6:45 pm #3

has it been especially hard for you? I'm sorry that someone else has to feel the pain too.

I am having a hard time because I have been waiting 4 years to celebrate Mother's Day after I lost my mom when I was very young. I really can't believe that God or the Universe would ask someone who has lost a mother so young to also go through ttc as well. It makes me sad and angry. I feel very alone today.

DH is having a surgery tomorrow so there is fear in that as well. He is off doing something to clear his head which I think is good for him.

I just transferred two embryos a few days ago and I feel such little hope. Kind of beaten down from everything being so hard and not working out that I think why would this work?.

Please tell me how you are doing. It helps to feel that I'm not the only one.
Violet

Dee
Dee

May 14th, 2012, 3:13 am #4

I have one child. My husband does not like to celebrate Mother's Day and he won't acknowledge it at all. He is from another country, and says its not his custom. He said its just a day invented so that Hallmark could sell cards. It is a lonely day for me every year, I deliberately spend it without him. Last year on Mother's Day he would not let me take a nap when I was very tired and pregnant; he wanted me to watch our other child, so I drank some coffee to stay awake, because I had nobody to help me out while I slept. A couple of weeks later, found out that my baby had no more heartbeat. They said it probably happened two weeks earlier, that would have been around Mother's day. I don't know if not getting enough sleep or drinking caffeine contributed to it, but I do blame him somewhat. He can be a very selfish person.

Good luck with your embryo transfer. I am doing another cycle this summer. My last cycle failed, the frozen and fresh.

Violet
Violet

May 14th, 2012, 1:57 pm #5

I understand about your DH. Mine is from
another country as well and he says the same thing about our holidays. I think it's good you spend the day on your own. I am sorry about what happened last year. Please do not blame yourself. I had a situation like that a few years ago and I tried to tell myself that it was meant to be because the embryo was not healthy.
I still know its not easy.

Dee
Dee

May 14th, 2012, 6:34 pm #6

This was apparently a healthy embryo, according to the doctor and sonographer.

Anyway, it is frustrating being married to someone who doesn't enjoy the holidays the same way. Halloween in particular is a big issue w/him and his family, they constantly criticize the way it is celebrated in America. They don't celebrate Thanksgiving at all. And Christmas is celebrated in different ways where they live.

Anyway I had a better Mother's Day yesterday, because I went to visit my mother without my husband; and I took her out to lunch. I am glad he did not go with us.

Violet
Violet

May 15th, 2012, 1:40 am #7

you had a better mother's day yesterday, Dee.

I will keep you on my mind. I had a long day today as my DH had a surgery so I am tired!