anyone get a + WITH symptoms?(sorry rant)

anyone get a + WITH symptoms?(sorry rant)

anonandon
anonandon

August 18th, 2011, 11:38 am #1

I have scoured the boards, and it seems like almost everyone on them has said they had zero or almost zero symptoms in the 2ww when they had a successful cycle.
I on the other hand have EVERY single one. So that is it I am now convinced from reading that I am doomed and can now attribute ALL of these symptoms to the PIO, and estrogen.
I am really freaking out that this is not working, and do not want to go take the beta. I now know why they call these meds the evil PIO etc.
Just hard to believe that not one person had real symptoms that were not the PIO and got lucky.
Thanks for listening I am going to eat breakfast now because the growling and emptiness is unbearable in my stomach that also feels like there is a brick inside at the same time...all of this while just the thought and smells of foods are the most bizarre things in the world to me right now. I need to get a grip sorry.
Take Care and good luck to all

August 18th, 2011, 12:16 pm #2

You can have every symptom going and be pregnant and no symptoms whatsoever and be pregnant. Good luck, I hope you have some reason for having symptoms rather than meds. I must say, I never felt ill with meds but OMG was I sick when pregnant.

thesameboat
thesameboat

August 18th, 2011, 1:19 pm #3

I have scoured the boards, and it seems like almost everyone on them has said they had zero or almost zero symptoms in the 2ww when they had a successful cycle.
I on the other hand have EVERY single one. So that is it I am now convinced from reading that I am doomed and can now attribute ALL of these symptoms to the PIO, and estrogen.
I am really freaking out that this is not working, and do not want to go take the beta. I now know why they call these meds the evil PIO etc.
Just hard to believe that not one person had real symptoms that were not the PIO and got lucky.
Thanks for listening I am going to eat breakfast now because the growling and emptiness is unbearable in my stomach that also feels like there is a brick inside at the same time...all of this while just the thought and smells of foods are the most bizarre things in the world to me right now. I need to get a grip sorry.
You cannot guess during the 2 week wait (which is why the word 'wait' is in there).

For what it's worth (which is nothing really) in my 8 transfers I only had sensory changes in my 2 bfps. Both times I could literally SMELL the HcG in my urine the day before I tested. Otherwise, I never had a symptom. So, for ME, the fact that you can sense changes in smells could be a symptom.

Stressing about being pregnant IS another one, I believe.

Wishing you luck!

August 18th, 2011, 3:02 pm #4

I had plenty of fatigue and queasiness from the P4 during my 2ww's, but if anything it was worse on my unsuccessful cycle. Someone on this forum, wish I could remember who as I'm too lazy to go search it, wrote the following bit of doggerel, which I love:

Symptoms come and symptoms go.
There really is no way to know.
I hope it is success for you,
I really, really, really do.

Take care and GL!

Maggie (in VA)

Aufrecht
Aufrecht

August 18th, 2011, 4:15 pm #5

When I get pregnant, including the one that was ectopic, this happens:

My pee smells funny-about day 7pt
My sense of smell intensifies- about day 9pt
Evil morning sickness and burping/reflux- by day 8pt
Yucky taste in mouth- by day 7pt
Incredible fatigue/sleepiness by day 9pt

When I have had negative test results I have not had symptoms. I usually test 10 or 11 dpt so there is enough HcG to register. Traditionally I have had lowish betas taht are done on 14 days pt.

Don't drive yourself crazy.

August 19th, 2011, 4:08 am #6

In my case, I had the first wave of queasiness/acid reflux the day before my beta (10dp5dt). I thought it was nerves, but the next day I had a BFP. Of course, I also had cramps that morning and was SURE I was getting AF. So, it's just hard to tell. Truthfully, even for those of us who get a +, the symptoms we feel that early may be from the meds and not the pregnancy. Hang in there, and I hope your symptoms are a good sign.