Anyone constipated from Lupron? Sorry for the TMI!

Anyone constipated from Lupron? Sorry for the TMI!

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 2nd, 2012, 5:18 pm #1

Hi All,
I just started lupron and am already feeling constipated. Has anyone experienced this? I tend to have trouble with this anyway and am trying to figure out what I'll use to help me along when pg.

I would love to hear anyone's experiences.
Many thanks,
Violet

April 2nd, 2012, 5:29 pm #2

The RE suggested Colace, which is just a stool softener, instead of a true laxative. It seemed to work for her. Good luck!

April 2nd, 2012, 6:22 pm #3

Hi All,
I just started lupron and am already feeling constipated. Has anyone experienced this? I tend to have trouble with this anyway and am trying to figure out what I'll use to help me along when pg.

Many thanks,
Violet
It's a prebiotic so helps your intestinal flora and a source of fiber, and has no taste to boot.

minniet
minniet

April 2nd, 2012, 6:42 pm #4

Hi All,

Many thanks,
Violet
Inulin is good, in a mix with pre and probiotics, I also use CALM - it is powdered magnesium you put in water (tastes lemony), it helps with constipation, is good for you, and easy to take. (Also helps you sleep)

Good luck!

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 2nd, 2012, 10:44 pm #5

Inulin and CALM?
Do you get them at the drug store or Whole Foods?
Thanks...also so great to hear your news today. I have been rooting for you.
Violet

minniet
minniet

April 2nd, 2012, 11:18 pm #6

I use a green foods packet (with antioxidants and inulin) in a yogurt smoothie with bananas and blueberries for breakfast (maybe some flax oil too) and then I have the CALM drink at night before I go to sleep.

Inulin is just a form of fiber that is easy to digest.

Thanks for your well wishes! Sending them to you as well!

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 3rd, 2012, 12:19 am #7

and the chicory root that is is derived from seems to not be okay during pregnancy. Are you going to switch to something else then?
Thanks...
Violet

minniet
minniet

April 3rd, 2012, 12:41 am #8

Hardly anything is ok, huh? I was just worrying about if my packet had too much A, but now I think I will just do the smoothie without the packet!

smrc
smrc

April 3rd, 2012, 2:54 am #9

Hi All,

Many thanks,
Violet
but progesterone sure always does- apples, tons of water and fish oil all seemed to help me a lot. Hope you find sthg that works soon.