any NYers on here?

any NYers on here?

nycmomma
nycmomma

February 1st, 2012, 3:46 am #1

Hello from NYC...!

A friend told me about this forum, I am just starting my research and wondering if there are any women in the NYC area on here who would be willing to share where they cycled?

I am over 40 and have considered Advanced Fertility in Chicago because they have a money-back program I like and good stats... but I'm wondering if people on the East Coast have places just as good that are closer to home.

Where do East Coast women cycle?

smrc
smrc

February 1st, 2012, 4:56 am #2

Hi there and welcome. I'm currently at C.ornell gearing up for a FET. If it's a BFN, I have an appointment scheduled with Dr. T at S.IRM for early April, and am also considering DE at C.ooper Institute. I do find NY a very expensive place to DE cycle, and have limited insurance benefits. C.ooper (which is in NJ) is much more reasonable.

If you search "NY clinics" on the search function above, you should find lots of helpful past postings on the subject.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 1st, 2012, 3:16 pm #3

Hello from NYC...!

A friend told me about this forum, I am just starting my research and wondering if there are any women in the NYC area on here who would be willing to share where they cycled?

I am over 40 and have considered Advanced Fertility in Chicago because they have a money-back program I like and good stats... but I'm wondering if people on the East Coast have places just as good that are closer to home.

If you are comparing clinics to see who does a good number of DE cycles with high success rates, maybe the 2010 stats will show some improvement? It is very difficult to find this combination in this area (or on the east coast) so traveling to other parts of the country happens a lot. A big problem is finding a place with a good frozen embryo track record as well as fresh.

nycmomma
nycmomma

February 1st, 2012, 3:19 pm #4

Hi there and welcome. I'm currently at C.ornell gearing up for a FET. If it's a BFN, I have an appointment scheduled with Dr. T at S.IRM for early April, and am also considering DE at C.ooper Institute. I do find NY a very expensive place to DE cycle, and have limited insurance benefits. C.ooper (which is in NJ) is much more reasonable.

If you search "NY clinics" on the search function above, you should find lots of helpful past postings on the subject.
Hi and thanks! Do you like Cooper? I know a woman who cycled there and hated it. Another one loved it. I've noticed lots of people here seem to like it. I haven't really researched it yet.

And yeah, that's why I'm thinking of going out of state for a DE cycle. Everything is outrageous here...

nycmomma
nycmomma

February 1st, 2012, 3:20 pm #5

If you are comparing clinics to see who does a good number of DE cycles with high success rates, maybe the 2010 stats will show some improvement? It is very difficult to find this combination in this area (or on the east coast) so traveling to other parts of the country happens a lot. A big problem is finding a place with a good frozen embryo track record as well as fresh.
Good points on the FET thing... I had a feeling a lot of women here cycle out of state if they live on the East Coast. I'm just not hearing of a lot of good clinics in this region.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

February 1st, 2012, 4:00 pm #6

Hello from NYC...!

HI,

I am NYC and am in the process of trying to determine which clinic I will use for donor eggs. What you will find is that CNY in upstate NY is the cheapest around...but their stats are lacking. Their prices can't be beat however...%11,000 for a full cycle...$6,000 for a split...not including meds. You can do a search of CNY and find all the info you need to know. I have done a lot of research and am very impressed with RBA in Atlants which works with frozen eggs and has a guarantee program if you are interested. Many also go to Shady Grove in DC/Maryland...they also have a guarantee progrom. SDFC in San Diego andORE in Oregon are also popular choices. Many go out of state but do their monitoring locally. You can research all of thes eprogram using teh search function here. I am currently torn between CNY and RBA for financial reasons. I would second that you take a look at the SART stats. Good luck.

nycmomma
nycmomma

February 1st, 2012, 4:51 pm #7

Wow, those are amazing prices. CNY = Cooper?

What is the full name of RBA?

I don't think I'd want to go as far as the West Coast, especially as Advanced Fertility in Chicago has stats that are about the same and I think costs are slightly cheaper. But I haven't made up my mind yet.

Thanks for your response.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

February 1st, 2012, 6:56 pm #8

No..CNY is not Cooper which is in New Jersey and decently priced with good stats. Here is the link for CNY:

http://cnyfertility.com/

Just do some research on CNY...the fresh stats have appear to have gone down from 48% in 2009 to 40% in 2010 and their FET stats are just over 14% for 2009 and 16% for 2010- well below the national average for donor eggs on both. Still..due to the pricing..I am still considering them.

RBA is Reproductive Biology Associates in Atlanta. Here is a link:

http://rba-online.com/ivf/index.php

nycmomma
nycmomma

February 1st, 2012, 10:34 pm #9

got it, thanks! (nt)

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 2nd, 2012, 3:50 am #10

Hello from NYC...!

Im in NYC, but cycled in texas and was monitored here in NYC. Had family there, but mainly loved the clinic, they have different options from guaranteed shared risk to lower price unproven donors. Wonderful doctor, Vicky Schnell, CRM. I was successful with my first try and with an Single Embryo transfer.