Any hope for this FET?

Any hope for this FET?

Anon
Anon

February 1st, 2011, 3:52 pm #1

My friend has a FET (with a gestational carrier) scheduled for 2//14/2011. Her GC was supposed to stop birth control pills on Jan. 20th, but accidentally didn't stop them until Jan. 29th. RE says they will have to wait and see how her lining does. This is a cross country deal with plane tickets already bought. Do you think there is hope? Thanks.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 1st, 2011, 4:08 pm #2

they won't start progesterone until her lining gets thick enough. If her lining check looks good on 2/9 or whenever, they could start progesterone and be on schedule to tx on the 14th (depending on what day the embryos are).

Since it is "just" a FET, they can hold off on thawing the embryos until lining is ready. It might cost your friend a couple extra days of hotel and a fee for changing plane tickets around. Thank goodness it isn't a fresh cycle.

Anon
Anon

February 1st, 2011, 7:47 pm #3

They will do a lining check on the 8th. I appreciate your input. Let's hope it can still work.

ALM
ALM

February 5th, 2011, 12:17 am #4

My friend has a FET (with a gestational carrier) scheduled for 2//14/2011. Her GC was supposed to stop birth control pills on Jan. 20th, but accidentally didn't stop them until Jan. 29th. RE says they will have to wait and see how her lining does. This is a cross country deal with plane tickets already bought. Do you think there is hope? Thanks.
That's what's so terrifying (among other things) about this whole DE thing. Someone forgetting to stop taking BCPs for 9 days is just crazy....but I digress.

I wish your friend the best of luck and the least of expense. From what others have said, it may turn out fine.