any CNY ladies out there?

any CNY ladies out there?

August 7th, 2012, 8:08 pm #1

I have a phone consult with them tomorrow and would like any info anyone can share. Looking into thier frozen egg program.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

August 7th, 2012, 8:33 pm #2

I am starting my mock cycle tomorrow. I am doing a fresh cycle so I may not be much help for you. I know CNY has major problems with their FET rates for some reason so I'd ask how the frozen egg program is different. No stats show up on SART for frozen eggs and I don't know what their success rate is for the eggs.

DeeNYC
DeeNYC

August 7th, 2012, 9:01 pm #3

I have a phone consult with them tomorrow and would like any info anyone can share. Looking into thier frozen egg program.
Mary,

I was going to go to CNY before I chose RBA and actually did a mock with them. In any case, they just started their frozen egg program. I have yet to hear of anyone actually using their frozen eggs as of yet although I did hear second hand about a cycle and the person was told that the thaw rate was about 50-60%. So keep that in mind. Not all frozen eggs survive the thaw at any clinic. You need to ask them about what happens if few or none survive. Other frozen egg programs have guarantees in place such as teh promise of a certain amount of high quality embryos. I do not believe that they do. Given that their FET stats are abysmal, I don't know if I would want to be the guinea pig for their frozen egg program. I think the cost is the same frozen or fresh so why not try a fresh cycle with them? Their fresh stats are much better than their FET stats. Good luck.

NHmommy
NHmommy

August 7th, 2012, 9:20 pm #4

I have an 18 month old from a cycle from CNY. It was a fresh cycle but, because the donor had a delayed period, my body couldn't continue to wait so I ended up doing a freeze all. They were frozen after they were fertilized, I believe day 2. So, I did a FET and was successful !! I am now cycling with them again. Fresh, with their new program. I'm not sure how I feel about the new program limiting you to only 5-7 eggs but, since I cycled with them before the process is so fast and easy. I will let you know how it goes, I am now waiting for retrieval date.

I wish you Good luck with them !

August 8th, 2012, 12:02 am #5

I had 2 failed FETs there and 1 ectopic. I would not touch any frozen anything there unless they're paying YOU.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 8th, 2012, 2:36 am #6

Mary,

I was going to go to CNY before I chose RBA and actually did a mock with them. In any case, they just started their frozen egg program. I have yet to hear of anyone actually using their frozen eggs as of yet although I did hear second hand about a cycle and the person was told that the thaw rate was about 50-60%. So keep that in mind. Not all frozen eggs survive the thaw at any clinic. You need to ask them about what happens if few or none survive. Other frozen egg programs have guarantees in place such as teh promise of a certain amount of high quality embryos. I do not believe that they do. Given that their FET stats are abysmal, I don't know if I would want to be the guinea pig for their frozen egg program. I think the cost is the same frozen or fresh so why not try a fresh cycle with them? Their fresh stats are much better than their FET stats. Good luck.
Agree do a fresh if possible

NHmommy
NHmommy

August 8th, 2012, 2:00 pm #7

I have an 18 month old from a cycle from CNY. It was a fresh cycle but, because the donor had a delayed period, my body couldn't continue to wait so I ended up doing a freeze all. They were frozen after they were fertilized, I believe day 2. So, I did a FET and was successful !! I am now cycling with them again. Fresh, with their new program. I'm not sure how I feel about the new program limiting you to only 5-7 eggs but, since I cycled with them before the process is so fast and easy. I will let you know how it goes, I am now waiting for retrieval date.

I wish you Good luck with them !
if given the choice... I would do a fresh over a frozen egg cycle. We were very lucky, I feel, to have had success with a FET. I would go with a proven donor but, to warn you... CNY doesn't seem like they are too willing to give out too much info (stats) on the donors anymore. For example... I asked what my donor's FSH was and they don't give that info out anymore. And when cycling they don't give out info on follicles or lab results. They just say how things are going. They say that since they guarantee 5-7 eggs at such a low price they are not giving out all that info anymore. I am not happy with that at all. Some people may not mind not knowing all the details. I am just not one of those people. The more info the better for me.

August 8th, 2012, 2:19 pm #8

That is pretty bad to me. You are paying for the "donor" services and you should definitely get info on how the cycle is going with specifics. I agree with you. I'd want to know the exact details on follicles and b/w results. Why wouldn't they be willing to share that info when you are paying for the service? That's just insane.

Piper
Piper

August 8th, 2012, 4:41 pm #9

I think of you often. I so wish that you could find success and am so saddened that you have been through so much.

This can be a difficult journey.

Historically, CNY has had a pretty sub-par lab. They seem to do just OK with fresh cycles but their frozen embryo stats have been pretty abysmal. Some of the best embryology labs in the country are still trying to tackle frozen eggs. There are only a top two or three clinics who are really doing a consistent, good job with this technology.

I just would not waste the time being someone's guinea pig at this stage. Especially if you are paying for it.

Where else have you looked at fresh cycles? I realize that you also need a clinic that will treat slightly, (just barely and probably don't look a day over 39!) over-50s.

Denise
Denise

August 8th, 2012, 4:52 pm #10

Hi Mary,

I think you will find the donor list great at this moment lots of great donors seem to be available some with great prior success. I would just take a great available donor and go for a fresh cycle ASAP. Over 50 no concern with CNY. It is a great price for sure. I have read CNY is not giving info on previous stats, but I remember some of current available donors stats so can list a few if you want? Provide your basic stats race, height, hair color etc if you want some rec.. Best wishes..