After 4 failed cycles? Or is it 5? I think my guesses are good

After 4 failed cycles? Or is it 5? I think my guesses are good

February 15th, 2011, 4:05 am #1

I am losing track of my failed cycles.

But now I am having a pain in my side like ovulation.

I know it doesn't seem like much. But I basically can't do this process it seems because I can't stop my ovaries from being active. I don't know why. I really don't know why. I have been an hour late a few times taking my mini pill. That is all. That should not be enough to cause these problems.

I know it sounds alarmist but this is ALWAYS a bad sign.

What a weird reason to fail. But please understand that even if it is weird, it sucks just as much as any other reason.

Anyway, I get my ultrasound in a week. Wish me luck. I guess I'll wait to see. I just wish my ovaries had stayed quiet this week. They were so quite for weeks and weeks. What happened? All of the sudden they perked up again.

Anyway, the last 4 times I thought I was ovulating, I was ovulating. It sounds so implausible 'I know I'm ovulating'...but so far, I've always been right.

February 15th, 2011, 5:38 am #2

I had it happened and called my doctor but was told no worries.

thesameboat
thesameboat

February 15th, 2011, 12:24 pm #3

I know it doesn't seem like much. But I basically can't do this process it seems because I can't stop my ovaries from being active. I don't know why. I really don't know why. I have been an hour late a few times taking my mini pill. That is all. That should not be enough to cause these problems.

What a weird reason to fail. But please understand that even if it is weird, it sucks just as much as any other reason.

Anyway, I get my ultrasound in a week. Wish me luck. I guess I'll wait to see. I just wish my ovaries had stayed quiet this week. They were so quite for weeks and weeks. What happened? All of the sudden they perked up again.

Anyway, the last 4 times I thought I was ovulating, I was ovulating. It sounds so implausible 'I know I'm ovulating'...but so far, I've always been right.
I hope you'll find your ovaries are, in fact, suppressed, but it is possible to do it if they can time according to your cycle.

Hoping for you. This process is so often so unfair.

Leigh888
Leigh888

February 15th, 2011, 1:25 pm #4

to still do the transfer after you ovulate? I can't remember if you are doing a fresh cycle or if this is a FET. If it is a FET, I have seen other women do a natural FET where they do the transfer at the right time after ovulation. I don't know if that could be done with a fresh cycle or not--probably too difficult to time correctly.

February 15th, 2011, 8:33 pm #5

I'm sorry that you are going through this. I am in the same boat, although my ovaries refused to ovulate for 3 months, but now that I'm on bcps, refuse to stop ovulating. Talk about bitter irony!

I hope that it is the evil Lupron tricking you, and all is suppressed. Please let us know how it goes.

Bear

Orchid
Orchid

February 16th, 2011, 5:16 am #6

I had it happened and called my doctor but was told no worries.
I can't believe it...but it didn't. It didn't FULLY suppress me. I have to be FULLY suppressed. With zero progesterone. Hence, my bad feeling. It's like my ovaries have to be dead and they aren't.

I'm not on it yet. The pinging started a couple of days ago.

Orchid
Orchid

February 16th, 2011, 5:17 am #7

I hope you'll find your ovaries are, in fact, suppressed, but it is possible to do it if they can time according to your cycle.

Hoping for you. This process is so often so unfair.
my doctor won't do anything unless I'm FULLY suppressed. I think they are just worried about me as being a wild card. I need to be all the way 100% suppressed.

This is why I'm so worried. So far, this never seems to happen. I just can't get my ovaries to totally roll over and play dead.

Orchid
Orchid

February 16th, 2011, 5:18 am #8

to still do the transfer after you ovulate? I can't remember if you are doing a fresh cycle or if this is a FET. If it is a FET, I have seen other women do a natural FET where they do the transfer at the right time after ovulation. I don't know if that could be done with a fresh cycle or not--probably too difficult to time correctly.
They did it with donor embies--but they won't do it this time, alas.

They won't vary from their particular protocol.

So I just have to hope for a miracle.

Orchid
Orchid

February 16th, 2011, 5:19 am #9

I'm sorry that you are going through this. I am in the same boat, although my ovaries refused to ovulate for 3 months, but now that I'm on bcps, refuse to stop ovulating. Talk about bitter irony!

I hope that it is the evil Lupron tricking you, and all is suppressed. Please let us know how it goes.

Bear
Boy that stuff's evil...but I'm not on it yet.

Thanks for all your support.

Orchid
Orchid

February 16th, 2011, 5:25 am #10

I'm really in a tougher place even than I was.

I work, I have to cycle at certain times and can't at other times.

I'm cycling out of state and have to take 2 weeks off.

It's a long story.

I've been through a lot to get to this point--so much weight gain, so much fatigue, physical junk going on from these meds. Disturbing stuff. If I don't even get to cycle it will just be SUCH a drag.

It will mean a HUGE time consuming detour.

So this next week is going to be so critical. It's really tough.

I'll keep going but it will be a giant kick in the stomach. So when I felt 'the ping' of my ovaries I was thought noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

We've all gone through a lot. I know I'm not in this alone!