Window

Window

January 16th, 2018, 6:53 pm #1

Anyone else happy or confident we are heading in the right direction with half the transfer window gone ??
I'm pissed off but not at all surprised , orta needs sacking with immediate affect.

INS

Aapo Halme - HJK Helsinki - Contract until 2021 - £500,000

Yosuke Ideguchi - Gamba Osaka - Contract until 2021 - £500,000

Laurens De Bock - Club Brugge - Contract until 2022 - £1.5million

Oliver Sarkic - Benfica - Contract until 2021 - Loan deal to permanent

Ouasim Bouy - Loan return from Cultural Leonesa

OUTS

Paul McKay - Released

Jack McKay - Released

Yosuke Ideguchi - Cultural Leonesa - Loan until the end of the season

January 16th, 2018, 7:03 pm #2

I’d be lying if I said I was happy about it.

January 16th, 2018, 7:17 pm #3

Yeah its not looking too clever at the minute.
I appreciate the club being tight lipped about possible deals and hopefully there'll be a few surprises in store but I'm not confident about it, orta is a luxury we can't afford and don't need.
What will it take to make AR realise we need to strengthen ? Out of the cup and the play offs in a week, if we continue this way it will be exactly like last season and we won't end up in the play offs, a drop in crowds by 10,000 will maybe open his eyes cause it will surely hit him in the pocket, TC is just toeing the party line coming out with shite comments that we don't need more strikers.
Lets hope the 2nd half of january brings better news.

January 16th, 2018, 7:18 pm #4

Anyone else happy or confident we are heading in the right direction with half the transfer window gone ??
I'm pissed off but not at all surprised , orta needs sacking with immediate affect.

INS

OUTS

Paul McKay - Released

Jack McKay - Released

I’m not sure anymore what’s going on , it was getting hard to be positive among all the negativity on here before Christmas but last weekends game at Ipswich shows we badly need to bring in new players and quickly. That top six finish is looking very dodgy right now

January 16th, 2018, 7:45 pm #5

Borthwick-Jackson as been fucked off back to scum thank fuck. I reckon the LB at my local Sunday league team could give this lad a run for his money. Fucking useless at best. Rumour has it were in for Chris Martin from derby because Preston want 8 mil for the lad Hugill any thoughts on that chaps

January 16th, 2018, 8:16 pm #6

Martin is a much better option than what we currently have although I'd prefer hughill myself, he ran us ragged at ER and was a constant nuisance who bossed our defenders all afternoon, lets face it, we desperately need to strengthen all over but I'm confident it won't happen.

January 16th, 2018, 8:36 pm #7

To be honest ovy this window has lived upto my expectations.Orta's recruitment in the summer diminished our squad and his signings have all been shite with little or no impact.He doesnt buy british and seems obsessed with the u23s when we should be living in the here and now.He sent the japanesse bloke out on loan claiming we were well covered in central midfield.That sums him up.We banked the chris wood money and replaced him by paying 15k towards lassongas wages ffs.Even the new left back couldnt get a game this season.We may panic buy if we lose our next few games but the damage was done in the summer imo.

January 17th, 2018, 8:36 pm #8

Have it on good authority Aguero is coming on loan if sanchez goes to man city, all because TC and Guadiola are old buddies from Barca days.

January 18th, 2018, 11:15 am #9

Aye and your going int pegs an i'm lakin up front

January 19th, 2018, 5:52 pm #10

INS

OUTS

Paul McKay - Released

Jack McKay - Released

Easy to blame Orta for buying shit, but he's given his budget and brief by the board and trades accordingly. The board also have to sign off on his deals, and have done until now. And his signings tend to be about as good as you could expect for the relatively tiny fees paid. Alioski is a £2-2.5m footballer and performs like one (occasionally better tbf). It would be great if signings like Klich and Cibicki could become some of the best footballers in the Championship, but they're £1m footballers, so they're only likely to be run of the mill players

And if Saiz is sold for £10 or £15m (if he can stop gobbing at people), Orta will have done his job, which is to make the board money on trading players

It's not what I want, or what any of you want, but the board has decided that the transfer market is a good source of revenue if you can buy a load of cheap punts and the odd one can be sold at a massive profit

I don't blame Orta, he's doing what he's paid to do as part of the club's transfer policy. Fuck him though