Unsocial Media

Unsocial Media

November 28th, 2017, 1:28 pm #1

Phone fucked up the other day. I was without technology until about 7 at night. After the first hour or so when I'd normally be checking here, Twitter, news, weather, using it as a clock or a torch or a camera, I stopped missing it. I miraculously took a train journey without needing to check the times, attended a football match without needing to check other team's scores, ate out without checking if the place was ok first and took another train, a wireless carriage with a phoneless passenger. God it was good. Makes you realise how much shit we end up using them for, how did we ever cope without? Going to try and use it less now, y'know, talk to people, read books, stop looking at videos of people falling through ice, that sort of thing. MOT

November 28th, 2017, 9:50 pm #2

Agreed, I was in the petrol station in headingley and moortown Corner the other day and they are selling basic phones I thought I fancy one, no Facebook or email, like you say watching someone fall through ice etc it's just so shit and repetitive I'm making a conscious effort not to look at all that crap, I know it was still a phone but it was exactly just that...a phone... some tiny ones that I doubt you can even message on, love em, we are able to survive without all the modern day bollox, actually feel unique when I sit in a bar or cafe and don't sit glued to a device. I remember riding from Northampton to yeadon on a dt 50cc when I was 16 had written instructions wrote by my old man sellotaped to petrol tank and yes I got there no problems, in France a few years back just a map on the petrol tank love all that.

Good shout fella.

November 29th, 2017, 6:58 am #3

Me, ive never ever owned a mobile phone and at this rate i never will,never been on facebook,twitter, just this sight and sorry to admit waccoe.
What pisses me off about phones is all that texting shite,why dont people just talk to each other.

November 29th, 2017, 12:30 pm #4

Only got a mobile in first place cause both parents are ill and they can contact me, not that I can do much whilst working away like, never had 2facebook or twatter accounts and don’t think I ever will, social media is this site.
I do use my phone for work more than owt else but can happily leave it at home when not working.
If you weren’t in pub at 7 you had to go round usual haunts till you found everyone or you even popped 2p in a box and rang the boozer..
Lad I work with says his mrs texts the kids to come from bedroom for their tea !! Wtf is that all about .
Don’t go me going on chav chat grr

November 29th, 2017, 12:30 pm #5

Me, ive never ever owned a mobile phone and at this rate i never will,never been on facebook,twitter, just this sight and sorry to admit waccoe.
What pisses me off about phones is all that texting shite,why dont people just talk to each other.
Only got a mobile in first place cause both parents are ill and they can contact me, not that I can do much whilst working away like, never had 2facebook or twatter accounts and don’t think I ever will, social media is this site.
I do use my phone for work more than owt else but can happily leave it at home when not working.
If you weren’t in pub at 7 you had to go round usual haunts till you found everyone or you even popped 2p in a box and rang the boozer..
Lad I work with says his mrs texts the kids to come from bedroom for their tea !! Wtf is that all about .
Don’t go me going on chav chat grr

November 29th, 2017, 4:29 pm #6

My mobile phone is mobile alright, I stick it in my pocket every morning and it goes around Leeds Keeping me company, sometimes in my glove box. The only problem is, I may as well not have the fuckin thing, because I rarely remember to switch it on. If it’s in my glove box, I probably won’t even think about it till I get home, then I’ll take it out and go indoors. First words from the missus “did you get my text ?”

November 30th, 2017, 10:15 am #7

At least I'm not as an arse as POTUS on twitter. Hope the state visit is cancelled.

November 30th, 2017, 2:08 pm #8

They won’t cancel the visit of Donald despite all the squealing from the lefties on the BBC and the snowflake generation across Britain. They can talk about it all they want, they can hold their protests, and they can have umpteen more documentaries slating Donald on TV. Truth is, the people that matter don’t want to alienate themselves from their biggest Allie while the rest of Europe is giving us a good kicking over Brexit. When he does come, I’ll be down to London to welcome him.

November 30th, 2017, 5:31 pm #9

Well said

December 1st, 2017, 12:51 pm #10

It's all about opinions I suppose. But it's fair to say the majority of Britain side with Sadiq Khan when he states Trump is not welcome in the UK. MOT.