Today

Today

January 7th, 2018, 4:11 pm #1

Sums up why modern football is shite.

It's the FA Cup ffs. Why on earth are we playing a team like that? The players have underperformed in the last 2 league games so should have been out there putting in a performance, scoring a couple of goals and boosting their confidence. Instead, we play the reserve team who gets outplayed and out battled and reinforces that the squad we have is simply not good enough to compete.

Under Grayson, we played our best team in the FA Cup and the boost those pperformances gave the league form were there for all to see.

We seriously need to strengthen in January, or the squad suggests that we will fall away again.

Though he's at fault today because of the team selection, I think today proves that in general he has done a fantastic job to have that shower of eunuchs in a play off place.

January 7th, 2018, 4:51 pm #2

Totally agree DG. Winning brings confidence to the squad. We now go to Ipswich on the back of that shite putting ourselves under pressure to get a result yet again. Only Berardi gets any credit from today IMO. The rest can fucking do one & never wear the shirt again.

January 7th, 2018, 9:31 pm #3

Load of fucking shite today we didn’t create one clear cut opportunity against a fucking mid table league 2 team apart from grots chance in opening minutes of the game. Midfield was piss weak out muscled defence was a fucking shambles that nouble out muscled everyone of em an attack well when we’re taking shots on from 25-30 yards out says it all. Investment definitely needed all over pitch from today’s showing an to top it all Saiz gets sent off. Bad day all round

January 7th, 2018, 9:32 pm #4

Totally agree DG. Winning brings confidence to the squad. We now go to Ipswich on the back of that shite putting ourselves under pressure to get a result yet again. Only Berardi gets any credit from today IMO. The rest can fucking do one & never wear the shirt again.
For the second season we are embarrassed by a performance that was a disgrace. For fuck sake we were playing a fourth division team and they controlled the game. Beradi gave his usual performance and I would accept the display of shaunassey, the rest can fuck off and don't bother coming back. The lad up front for them, Nouble, caused more problems to us than our two lumps did to them. Fuck me they would struggle to get a game on a sunday morning. The lad in midfield, Labadie, run the game Philips and the other three in midfield could have stayed at home in bed. We need at least seven players if we are serious about a top six place, never mind promotion.

And now we have lost Saiz for the next three games

January 8th, 2018, 5:05 pm #5

As you say DG, it sums up why modern football is shite, but I wasn’t surprised by the team selection and the subsequent result. As far as the bigger teams are concerned, it’s now the reserve team F.A cup, until they reach the semi-finals or quarters at least. Therein lies the problem with Leeds, we’re simply not a big club anymore, some people just can’t grasp that fact. We were never going to win the F.A cup, and I never had any intention of heading to Newport to watch our reserves, so I can’t say I’m personally bothered by the result. Is it disrespectful to the fans ? I’m not sure, but ones that travelled will surely tell you different. The reasoning behind our weakened team shows either a worryingly poor judgement of our squad quality from up above, or a “fuck it, promotion at any cost, other than financial” mentality. I don’t know if fans are angry because we played a weakened team, or that weakened team was so poor. If it was the latter, what did they really expect ? We had 11 players of whom most can’t get in a team that has struggled in it’s last 5 games against the shittest teams in The Championship, shit players who are being kept out by average players. It wasn’t the cream of a brilliant youth team, the next talented generation, it was a team of League 2 quality players at best. As far as Saiz is concerned, you really couldn’t script it, fuckin unbelievable really. You rest 90% of your best players to keep them fit and fresh for the league, and then you lose one of the handful of decent players for 6 games for being an absolute cunt. If he needed game time after his injury, that is one thing the club can’t be blamed for. You can’t legislate for madness like that. I wouldn’t worry too much about our reputation taking a battering after another “shock” result. Put into context, it was two League 2 quality teams battling it out for a place in the next round, and Newport won. It’s all about hanging around the play off places now, with a less than desirable squad of players.

January 8th, 2018, 6:29 pm #6

I'm not really sure that it's a case of promotion at all costs. The 1st team we have is fucking awful at best & I'm not falling for all the "winning ugly" shite that was getting spouted about in December. We were fucking lucky, that's the be all & end all, decent sides would have buried us in all those games that we took 3 points from, let's not fool ourselves.
Promotion at all costs would mean them investing in decent players this month, so until the cheque book is opened I'll hold judgement on that front. I will say though, if Lassoga is a 50K a week striker, then at 47 there's hope for me yet. He is undeniably fucking shit...!!!

January 8th, 2018, 7:37 pm #7

Aye Vinnie, I agree with you. I did say they would be thinking about promotion at all costs, OTHER than financially though mate, because I too worry the investment required for promotion might not be forthcoming.

January 8th, 2018, 7:53 pm #8

I'm not really sure that it's a case of promotion at all costs. The 1st team we have is fucking awful at best & I'm not falling for all the "winning ugly" shite that was getting spouted about in December. We were fucking lucky, that's the be all & end all, decent sides would have buried us in all those games that we took 3 points from, let's not fool ourselves.
Promotion at all costs would mean them investing in decent players this month, so until the cheque book is opened I'll hold judgement on that front. I will say though, if Lassoga is a 50K a week striker, then at 47 there's hope for me yet. He is undeniably fucking shit...!!!
connor shaughnessey. this man/boy 21 years looks a bit younger. he can play the center half role. impressed was i.yes. a thinking mans footballer. light on his feet. thinking the game always.reading the game. Tell Eddie . Tell Connor.bright. aware. heading. tackling. marking. i sat in the home end on sunday and this guy was the only outstanding player in a blue shirt. and he scored a goal against us.
Read Liam Cooper. first time i saw this cunt he scored a beautifully execute header ,in the kop end, in our goal, not under pressure, against Wigan a few xamases back at ER. what a cunt i thought.
Just seen the TV , Ken Bates rent boy drawing the balls for the fourth round. Horrible little 4 footer as Peter Alice once said.
ever since Cooper has been a cunt. He does not have a brain. What do all the offer profs do he finks finks Liam. Grow a beard. Get some tattoos. Stamp on someones ed. Slide in and get booked. slide in and get sent off. Thick Cunt is first choice. Get Connor in. breath of fresh air. a brain. a thinker. not a cunt. !!
Connor is the nearest to Woodgate i av seen.
Cooper is a cunt.

Phillips. Saw this cunt make his debut v Wolves live on Sky a few xamases back.( Yes. Cue Armchair Leeds fan) not surprising really. . He is not the answer. after Connor He was our second best player on sunday and he is shite. From a prominent mid field position he looked for the ball and passed it back to the defence always . on the few occasions he tried to pass the ball forward he gave it to Newport. He is not Batts. But he is the best we have. End of. Doomed Cpt Manwaring.We are Doomed.

While Eddie still has O2 in his lungs take the stupid microphone off him and get him back in the dug out. We are fucked otherwise. what do the following know or care....

Christianson, Bates, Monk, Arabs, Hockaday, Monk again, Brian Fucking Mc Dormott.Gay Haig, The two Italian CEOs.

as for the fans. Good following as ever but they just dont seem to understand. Shame as i would put our fans pedigree as second only to the Anfield Kop. They have seen it as it should be. so have we but our great fans are now too apathetic, too old and have been for too long. Revolt. the Leeds Fans Share Scheme was a scam. I signed up and they pissed of with my subscription.

sort it Eddie, Snake, Doctor....

Bournemouth, Norwich, Burnley and now Barnsley bigger than Leeds.

Bye bye Connor. Good luck with your career.

January 9th, 2018, 9:57 am #9

Not sure what game you were watching pal but for me only Berardi got any credit at all on Sunday an not just because he scored he put his body on line an made a few good tackles. As for Phillips being our second best player Jesus he hasn’t been our eleventh best player since beginning of the season when when he looked half decent now he reminds me of Carlton Palmer fucking useless at best. As for them clubs being bigger than us your either on a wind up or you’ve been on an acid trip

January 9th, 2018, 12:47 pm #10

Please please don't ever rate phillips in the same manner as carlton palmer, he may have been ungainly but he always put a shift in, scored a wonder goal at wimbledon only for yeboah to out do him in same game, phillips has absolutely nothing, no skill, no fight, no passion, no idea, the kid is as clueless as the man who picks him every week.