Today.

Today.

December 26th, 2017, 5:52 pm #1

The only thing today confirmed for me was that we will challenge for top 6 at best with this current squad. I’m hoping the owners can see this and inject some cash for either the head of recruitment or Christiansen to strengthen in the window. Two pieces of real quality in a 5 minute spell won us that game, but not getting a shot on target for the first 60 minutes is mighty worrying against a team as bad as Burton. A section of fans have made their feelings known towards Grot, and I think that will have fucked his chances in the team up good and proper, but more worrying is the lack of a real centre forward currently available. The more I see of Lasogga the more I see an unfit Sunday League player in his late 30’s who’s lack of movement will limit him to 15 minutes cameos like today. Roofe is working his socks off, but that isn’t his natural role, he’s neither fast enough or strong enough to lead the line, but he showed yet again he comes alive with the ball at his feet where it matters. Gipton will be calling for a civic reception for the team upon their return to Leeds, and the facts are, it’s another 3 points on a day when teams above us slipped up, but we shouldn’t be clinging on for our lives against shit like this if we are gonna seriously challenge at the business end. This is a good run we are on, and it can get better, but only if we get a couple of better quality players to plug a couple of gaps. Christiansen needs to tell Alioski to fuck off from any dead ball situations for the rest of his Leeds career, that breakaway from his shit delivery would have killed us at 2-0, and he did it again in the 2nd half. Lessons need to be learned, and quickly, if this run is to continue.

December 26th, 2017, 6:08 pm #2

I echo your comments but will add this:
Lassoga is shit, vierra not good enough and Phillips is a pathetic ball bag waste of space, also the goalie keeper situation needs rectifying ASAP.
Another 3 subs today !!!!!!
If we don’t add to the squad we won’t make the play offs or I’ll be very surprised if we do, the 3 points were great to get but we can’t continue to play this badly and hope to keep winning, it’s better than laking good and losing mind.
For me it’s a worry but let’s see what happens in January, hopefully it will be first few days as we should already have a shopping list but knowing United it could well be another bargain basement signing with 30 seconds left.

December 26th, 2017, 6:46 pm #3

The only thing today confirmed for me was that we will challenge for top 6 at best with this current squad. I’m hoping the owners can see this and inject some cash for either the head of recruitment or Christiansen to strengthen in the window. Two pieces of real quality in a 5 minute spell won us that game, but not getting a shot on target for the first 60 minutes is mighty worrying against a team as bad as Burton. A section of fans have made their feelings known towards Grot, and I think that will have fucked his chances in the team up good and proper, but more worrying is the lack of a real centre forward currently available. The more I see of Lasogga the more I see an unfit Sunday League player in his late 30’s who’s lack of movement will limit him to 15 minutes cameos like today. Roofe is working his socks off, but that isn’t his natural role, he’s neither fast enough or strong enough to lead the line, but he showed yet again he comes alive with the ball at his feet where it matters. Gipton will be calling for a civic reception for the team upon their return to Leeds, and the facts are, it’s another 3 points on a day when teams above us slipped up, but we shouldn’t be clinging on for our lives against shit like this if we are gonna seriously challenge at the business end. This is a good run we are on, and it can get better, but only if we get a couple of better quality players to plug a couple of gaps. Christiansen needs to tell Alioski to fuck off from any dead ball situations for the rest of his Leeds career, that breakaway from his shit delivery would have killed us at 2-0, and he did it again in the 2nd half. Lessons need to be learned, and quickly, if this run is to continue.
All you are is Spezial needs you fucking spastic twat. Today was shite but it’s the win that matters. Again your selective reading has let you down again. I did say earlier that additions are needed in January but don’t let that get in the way of your superiority complex. Football has changed and unfortunately is as much about athleticism now as it is skill like the game used to be.
Ovy you obviously have a real issue with Phillips who I agree is shite, as for Spezial you just hate anybody disagreeing with you. You slate the full team then carry on about paying fans slating players who are shite. Ovy is in agreement with you but slates Phillips relentlessly but that’s ok because he’s on your side of the fence. A bit of consistency would be nice.
Like I’ve said before and it may eventually sink in to your numb skull, we are shit at the moment but that won’t stop me supporting my team. I remember the old 2nd division days, we were shit then but probably the best times I’ve had at Elland Road. I enjoy the day at the match for what it is and will still support Leeds if we are shit or challenging for honours at the top table.

December 26th, 2017, 8:01 pm #4

I’ll support us whatever division we’re in but I will also say it as I see it, if we’re good or better I’ll say it,equally when we are shite as we are now I will say that as well.
Yes I do have an issue with Phillips, wtf is he still doing in the squad?? He’s fucking pathetic, what don’t the management see, or more importantly what do they see ??
I can’t alter the team but I can and will have my opinions rightly or wrongly, as I say let’s see what January brings, if it’s no new personnel I fear the worst.
For the record I’ve been going since 68 and was a season ticket holder for 22 years, seen the brilliant,good and terrible and still go, it doesn’t make me a better fan than anyone else, just a fan.
MOT

December 26th, 2017, 8:42 pm #5

Exactly so why should fans be abused for going through thick and thin. Things do need to change without a doubt. Christiansen gets a fair bit of abuse and some of it justified but can you honestly say that Gary McCallisters team weren’t worse than the current one. They were without doubt the softest, weakest team I have ever witnessed playing at Elland Road but because of Gary Macs history he avoided the abuse. I say it’s shit when it is but also enjoy getting the points in the bag.
Look at the money Boro, Wednesday and Villa have spent so things are going in the right direction all be it slower than everyone wants.

December 27th, 2017, 1:38 am #6

Looking at the current situation from another angle, as the general agreement is that we're fairly poor, whatever side of the fence you sit. Have the owners and TC got any real intent in pushing for promotion? I said it before there is never a bad time to go up. Question is: Has AR put any plans in place to boost the squad during the transfer window. By now a number of players should have been identified (whether we get them is another matter).

The good ship United has steadied itself, but we all know, looking the performances we're papering over the cracks. 3 or 4 new players in the obvious areas could make the difference. Only Wolves look outstanding up to this point, Cardiff, Bristol and Blunts are surprised packages. Derby have been trying for a while, so no surprise they're up there.

It is down to AR to make the decisions. I'll be very disappointed if he hasn't done his home work and sanctioned some positive signings. We've been going along with the status quo and mid-table mediocrity for too long. Yes there's many reasons for years of shit seasons, but surely it is time to move on and make a real effort to get out of this division, whichever side of the fence you are on.

December 27th, 2017, 10:23 am #7

Never a bad time to go up, but it's a long miserable season if not winning and looking at the trapdoor for half of it.

December 27th, 2017, 2:54 pm #8

Of course we would stare at the trap door with the current squad. Do you think Huddersfield and Brighton sat there wanking and congratulating themselves on getting promotion. No, they've gone out there and done a lot of work over the summer. Up to this point they've kept their heads above the water line, which is no accident.

For me potentially half the Premiership could be involved in the relegation battle, there only 6 or 7 teams that probably never go down. This is where AR's planning (if he has one) comes into play. Firstly he needs to invest NOW, so that we can make a real push for promotion. Automatic promotion is still up for grabs, however I don't think the current squad is good enough to make the top 2.

Like some on here who are old school I believe in going for it, middle table is not good enough.

December 27th, 2017, 3:30 pm #9

I agree automatic promotion is still for the taking, even wolves aren’t certain of anything yet, but to achieve even the play offs we need to invest in January , if we don’t invest it will show just how serious the current regime are for the club.
There is never a bad time to up, everything about promotion has a positive about it, even straight back down brings massive rewards, something I’m certain AR realises so investing must be in his remit despite the manager stating otherwise.
There is obviously a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes and are rightly not privy to, I like the fact we aren’t media and publicity mad like the previous owners so I’m really hoping things will become apparent in early January.