Talksport

Talksport

January 2nd, 2018, 5:22 pm #1

Listening to talksport today, its just a wank fest for scum. The presenter actually said we have to talk about that cunt Moanrinho cause we are contracted to do so. What a set of twats. Made me spew.

January 2nd, 2018, 6:06 pm #2

Not that often I listen to it anymore sick to death of hearing about moan Utd media darlings, that fat twat Brazil who was a legend at Ipswich only ever mentions Man Utd, another pretentious hanger on getting paid to talk shite.
I’m surprised manchester is still part of the name, after all the brain dead on manc of the day only ever call them United, even shearer calls them United and calls his own team Newcastle, what a cock.

January 2nd, 2018, 9:46 pm #3

Have to agree it churns my stomach when I hear those cunts referred as 'United'. Most of the pundits do it, yes and I've heard Shearer say it, how embarrassing for him.

I listen to Talk Sport, but today was jarring my brain. Every Mourinho sound bite/whinge/moan is turned into a Manc Wankfest for 5 or 6 hours. 5 minutes was enough for me.

Please bring back the days of Revie/Clough debates.

January 2nd, 2018, 10:24 pm #4

Revie has been obliterated from the footballing world by everyone outside of LUFC, the good old auntie beeb refuse to mention him at all, even to the extent of not naming him in the top managers of the time.

January 2nd, 2018, 11:49 pm #5

I'm banned from the station for using the term Scummers 😎😎😎 back in the days of Collymore.....

January 4th, 2018, 5:51 pm #6

I’ve been driven into the arms of Talksport permanently due to the box-ticking employment of leftie and ethnic minority presenters on Radio 5 Live. I listen to Nicky Campbell until 10am, he’s a good Devil’s Advocate, but then the jabbering left wing idiot Adrian Chiles has me reaching for the off button. The afternoon then becomes a write-off on 5 when Nihal Arthanayake bores us all to death with his latest left wing topic of conversation. His “breakdown” when being interviewed about the Grenfell Tower disaster was cringeworthy, pity he wasn’t inside when it went up. As for the “United” thing on Talksport and the media in general, it’s something that mildly annoys me, but I accept isn’t going to change anytime soon. It just shows how weak human beings are in general, all towing the line, not wanting to appear anything other “on board” with all the other presenters, “personalities” and media slimeballs. They are the sort of wankers that laugh hysterically on game shows or at social events when someone cracks a Donald Trump joke, “ooh look at me, I hate him as well, and I’ll piss myself laughing at a shit joke or snide comment just to prove it”. At extended family get-togethers, I normally find my “I prefer him to that idiot Obama” retort, soon gets me a dig in the ribs from the missus and some incredulous looks from people that soon wish they were a bit more extended from me than they first wished. Leeds fans themselves are guilty of handing over the “United” title the the red lot. The chant of “United” used to greet any Leeds player that went to take a corner for Leeds back in the day. Most clubs with United in their name are equally guilty, from The Toon to Sheffield, they’ve all swallowed the media guff and lost pride in their club name. Time for the new generation of fans to start reclaiming United as an important and historical feature of their clubs identity.

January 4th, 2018, 6:21 pm #7

Mentioned this a year or two back in a thread your going back to the nineties the last time our support chanted United followed by three claps of the hands.

January 4th, 2018, 6:31 pm #8

I’ve been driven into the arms of Talksport permanently due to the box-ticking employment of leftie and ethnic minority presenters on Radio 5 Live. I listen to Nicky Campbell until 10am, he’s a good Devil’s Advocate, but then the jabbering left wing idiot Adrian Chiles has me reaching for the off button. The afternoon then becomes a write-off on 5 when Nihal Arthanayake bores us all to death with his latest left wing topic of conversation. His “breakdown” when being interviewed about the Grenfell Tower disaster was cringeworthy, pity he wasn’t inside when it went up. As for the “United” thing on Talksport and the media in general, it’s something that mildly annoys me, but I accept isn’t going to change anytime soon. It just shows how weak human beings are in general, all towing the line, not wanting to appear anything other “on board” with all the other presenters, “personalities” and media slimeballs. They are the sort of wankers that laugh hysterically on game shows or at social events when someone cracks a Donald Trump joke, “ooh look at me, I hate him as well, and I’ll piss myself laughing at a shit joke or snide comment just to prove it”. At extended family get-togethers, I normally find my “I prefer him to that idiot Obama” retort, soon gets me a dig in the ribs from the missus and some incredulous looks from people that soon wish they were a bit more extended from me than they first wished. Leeds fans themselves are guilty of handing over the “United” title the the red lot. The chant of “United” used to greet any Leeds player that went to take a corner for Leeds back in the day. Most clubs with United in their name are equally guilty, from The Toon to Sheffield, they’ve all swallowed the media guff and lost pride in their club name. Time for the new generation of fans to start reclaiming United as an important and historical feature of their clubs identity.
Ive had many heated debates about the United thing over t' years with many fans of differing clubs, I still call us United and everyone who knows me know I'm on about Leeds, not man utd, one smug, smarmy gobby bellend ( a bit like eamonn holmes) had the audacity to say 'yes but really its man utd isn't it. and everyone knows that' I have to say I was weaker in those days (only about 5 yr back) and battered him.
It really wouldn't surprise me if they try and copyright / patent the 'united' name though in the future, they wrongly claim songs like...."glory glory" and "always look on the bright side" are their songs, utter wankers.

January 4th, 2018, 6:38 pm #9

Quality post, agree with it all. I'm a United supporter, always will be, no amount of indoctrination from the luvvies will take that away. There's only one United. Leeds!!

January 4th, 2018, 10:50 pm #10

It is an interesting debate. I was never quite sure when the media lovingly pushed the term 'United' over to the Mancs. I guess the advent of social media in general has helped. The press/newspapers have done it for a long time. It irritated me back in the early 80s when reading match reports.

When I have football conversations at work with some Gooners (I'm in London), they use the term to describe those cunts. This includes old school supporters and modern day new age Premiership supporters, but they're not the passionate supporters who travel home and away, still annoying though. I get mildly irritated and slip out of the conversation.

We used to sing 'United' back in the day, but you rarely hear it nowadays.