Contacting Researcher 'Alius'

Contacting Researcher 'Alius'

Dave Evenden
Dave Evenden

October 13th, 2007, 5:59 pm #1

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Alius is currently receiving or responding to emails on his 'palaidi@puslapiai.lt' address?

I sent him one from my hotmail account a couple of weeks ago, offering work.

Thanks,
Dave

John W.
John W.

October 13th, 2007, 6:10 pm #2

Dave, you didn't say that you were looking for an alternative, but I wanted to pass along my good experience with Vilius Vaseikis. He lives in Vilnius and his English is good. He is very honest and very diligent. And he has a good relationship with the Lithuanian Archives. Vilius' email is vilius@LithuaniaVisits.com. He has a website which talks about several different things that he does. Incidentally, the site includes an interesting photogallery of photos from Lithuania. It's at www.LithuaniaVisits.com.

I had a rather extensive search done by Vilius. It covered two generations. Vilius produced some 42 documents (birth and marriage records, etc.), and the cost was around $518. These charges are in line with what I paid to the Archives for an earlier search, which also covered two generations. Vilius can do a smaller, one or two record search, and the price of course will be a fraction of what I paid and the results will come much more quickly.

I did my search with Vilius in stages, that is, grandparents first, then their siblings, then children and so on. Vilius gave me a price before each phase and I made a decision as to whether to continue. The process worked very well and there were no surprises on the cost.

Good luck.

John Weistart

Thomas Domeika
Thomas Domeika

October 17th, 2007, 4:19 am #3

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Alius is currently receiving or responding to emails on his 'palaidi@puslapiai.lt' address?

I sent him one from my hotmail account a couple of weeks ago, offering work.

Thanks,
Dave
the last E-mail I had for Alius was
alius.pleskaciauskas@gf.vu.lt

Dave
Dave

October 20th, 2007, 10:13 am #4

... this worked