Religion and Lucid Dreaming??

Religion and Lucid Dreaming??

ppatsrawk
ppatsrawk

June 21st, 2001, 2:23 am #1

I know this must be regular subject, however this is my first post. I was wondering what the thought were on this, and also any newbie tips...

Religion, a form Christianity, with a twist of wiccan, and Buddism....dont ask. My savior is Jesus, son of God.

any input appreciated~

~ppatsrawk~

Craig
Craig

June 21st, 2001, 7:37 am #2

I find a lot of the Buddhist ideas very interesting, and perhaps partially believe in some of them (reincarnation, for example), but, I'd really consider myself agnostic.

Did you have a question about lucid dreaming (since it was in your topic)?

June 21st, 2001, 1:53 pm #3

Was your question going to be:

How is lucid dreaming seen from a religious point of view?

Well, if it wasnt, then I'll ask it. ;-p Sorry to hijack your thread!

By the way, I'm really open minded about everything at the moment... although I still probably believe that Christianity was a social tool designed to control the working classes (damn Sociology).

ppatsrawk
ppatsrawk

June 21st, 2001, 2:17 pm #4

I find a lot of the Buddhist ideas very interesting, and perhaps partially believe in some of them (reincarnation, for example), but, I'd really consider myself agnostic.

Did you have a question about lucid dreaming (since it was in your topic)?
Questions concerning how Religion fits in with Lucid Dreaming, I have only just come to this site, through friends, and I have a lot of questions...:)

How about to start, Do you find that, your Buddism theories on meditaiton, help you with Lucid Dreams??

Im sure I will have more for you..lol :)

~ppatsrawk~

ppatsrawk
ppatsrawk

June 21st, 2001, 2:27 pm #5

Was your question going to be:

How is lucid dreaming seen from a religious point of view?

Well, if it wasnt, then I'll ask it. ;-p Sorry to hijack your thread!

By the way, I'm really open minded about everything at the moment... although I still probably believe that Christianity was a social tool designed to control the working classes (damn Sociology).
How is lucid dreaming seen from a religous point of view?? is exactly my question :)

hijack, my thread?? I just hijacked this board..:)

j/k of course...

thank you guys for the responses, I will check in later...

~ppatsrawk~

Keith
Keith

June 21st, 2001, 2:45 pm #6

Questions concerning how Religion fits in with Lucid Dreaming, I have only just come to this site, through friends, and I have a lot of questions...:)

How about to start, Do you find that, your Buddism theories on meditaiton, help you with Lucid Dreams??

~ppatsrawk~
but I believe in reincarnation and karma :-)

ppatsrawk
ppatsrawk

June 21st, 2001, 2:45 pm #7

~ppatsrawk~
I hope you know which response was for who...

the Buddism question is for Craig..

and the other for El_Duderino

sorry....will make my self more clear in the future~

~ppatsrawk~

Craig
Craig

June 22nd, 2001, 11:36 am #8

Meditation can definitely help get you in the right mindset for lucid dreaming. Also, in your day to day business, really pay attention to your surroundings. You'd be surprised at how often we just go through life subconsciously (this is especially noticeable while driving). Just clear your mind and observe everything around you, using all of your senses.

As for getting started with lucid dreaming, just read everything on this site, and check out some of the links. :)

ppatsrawk
ppatsrawk

June 23rd, 2001, 8:03 pm #9

I have found a lot of people do this, and dont even realize it....great advice...thank you I appreciate your input...and this site is very imformative...:)

~ppatsrawk~

CloudHelmut
CloudHelmut

June 23rd, 2001, 10:36 pm #10

The example of driving is a good one.When we notice that we are not paying attention it is powerful. "Holy Crap I could have kiled myself". Ten minutes later we are lost in thought again. It's only in this kind of casually dangerous activity we get such a clear insight into how untrained our attention is.

As far as the OP goes, certain sects of Tibetan Buddism has "Clear Light Dreaming" as one of it's main meditational focii.

It can also be imagined that much of human-written "Words of God", where honestly written, came out of seeking god in a dream. There they found their own highest ideals. I guess that would be a personal opinion.