NEW FORUM! salvation at last :)

NEW FORUM! salvation at last :)

March 7th, 2002, 6:54 pm #1

Hi everybody

I've been very busy working on a brand new forum. It will be launched in a couple of days.

But you get to take a sneak preview, register, and post some things already if you like

this new forum will replace this 'old' forum. But don't worry, the posts in here will not be lost. On the contrary, the new forum has an archive, where the most valuable posts will be collected for easy reference.

some features of the new forum are:

- search option (yeah!
- Personal Message to any forum member
- subscribe to topics so you get an email when somebody replies to it
- 'new posts' option - see a list of all the new posts since you last logged in
- avatars - choose your personal image
- cool smilies
- mail a topic
- print a topic
- once you have logged in it remembers you so you don't have to log in every time you want to post.

and a lot more!

so come check it out on http://www.vervex.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

You have to register to be able to post - you can read however

March 7th, 2002, 7:07 pm #2

Hi! I've been to the new forum and it's great. It has everything the old forum and much more. I think it's wonderful.

March 7th, 2002, 7:17 pm #3

Hi everybody

I've been very busy working on a brand new forum. It will be launched in a couple of days.

But you get to take a sneak preview, register, and post some things already if you like

this new forum will replace this 'old' forum. But don't worry, the posts in here will not be lost. On the contrary, the new forum has an archive, where the most valuable posts will be collected for easy reference.

- search option (yeah!
- cool smilies
- mail a topic
- print a topic
- once you have logged in it remembers you so you don't have to log in every time you want to post.

and a lot more!

Another thing I really like about the new forum is the option to change the time-zone to your local time. No more subtract/adding hours to figure when a message was posted. Yippiee!

Also, pay attention to the nice "eye-icons" pasQuale has made. When a new message is posted it opens up, if no new message is in the thread it is closed. Within sub-forums you have flowers that also change color to represent different meanings. Such as: no new replies, new replies, a hot topic, and others.

And, you can see the names of who is visiting the forum the same time as you. How many people and who all have registered to the forum. And lots, lots more!

I just love this new forum. Out with the old and in with the new.

Rise and shine!

March 7th, 2002, 8:21 pm #4

Hi everybody

- search option (yeah!
- cool smilies
- mail a topic
- print a topic

and a lot more!

...we can all chill out in the Lounge-section

Mr Twin

March 7th, 2002, 8:47 pm #5

Hi everybody

- search option (yeah!
- cool smilies
- mail a topic
- print a topic

and a lot more!

Yeahhhhh !!!!!!! Yeahhhhh !!!!!!! Yeahhhhh !!!!!!!

AT LAST !!!!

Search option, No more loss of information !!!!!!!!

Thhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you !!!!!!!

Yeah !!!!!

S e a r c h o p t i o n ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Such a good news !!

March 7th, 2002, 9:28 pm #6

Hi everybody

- search option (yeah!
- cool smilies
- mail a topic
- print a topic

and a lot more!

How come everytime i log in i am still being called a guest and i can't reply to anything?

March 7th, 2002, 9:51 pm #7

Hi everybody

- search option (yeah!
- cool smilies
- mail a topic
- print a topic

and a lot more!

I'm not sure why you are still "guest" but you are unable to post without first being authorized. This is done through email so use your real email address. Then you'll be able to log-in as wHaTeVeR

<edit>I had to change some misinformation</edit>

Rise and shine!
Last edited by dreamlucid on March 8th, 2002, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 7th, 2002, 10:50 pm #8

Hi everybody

- search option (yeah!
- cool smilies
- mail a topic
- print a topic

and a lot more!

&nbsp;

&nbsp;
very nice, i like it..but it seems kinda confusing with all the different catagories and sub-catagories. but very nice, thx

----> §teff

March 7th, 2002, 11:38 pm #9

Hi everybody

- search option (yeah!
- cool smilies
- mail a topic
- print a topic

and a lot more!

&nbsp;

&nbsp;
At first it does seem confusing. All this new information, choices and options staring at you in the face. That's why I think it is a good idea to have this preview. You can take it for a test run and learn how things work before it is actually released. After a fews days use the "new" forum fits me like a glove. All that I wished for is now at my finger tips. I actually hate having to come to this "old" forum now. I'm so anxious for the conversion.

It may seem confusing at first, but that is just because the new forum offers so much more than this one. Play with it a few days and I bet you too will soon ask how you ever lived without it.

Rise and shine!

March 8th, 2002, 12:54 am #10

Hi everybody

- search option (yeah!
- cool smilies
- mail a topic
- print a topic

and a lot more!

&nbsp;

&nbsp;
yea i think i love the new forum now..this is the only forum ive really ever been a member on so at first the new one seemed confusing. well when is the big conversion, and will this one become no longer used cuz it will be annoying to check both..thanks alot, great site/forum...

----> §teff