Money for Dreams

Money for Dreams

January 3rd, 2002, 6:28 pm #1

I have an idea. Let's do something different and outrageous, which may help our lucid dreams or even make one of us rich. Each of us comes up with a dream sign, but it has to be something not too common and that most people don't usually dream about. Whoever dreams of that dreamsign, whether they become lucid or not, must send the dreamsign maker $3 (three dollars). If you absolutely can't afford it then send an I.O.U. and promise to pay later.

My dreamsign is:
* Rubick's cube *

So you owe me $3 each time you dream of this, on your honor. Make sure you post your dream to the list as well.

Here's my address:
P.O. Box 994585
Redding, CA 96099

January 3rd, 2002, 6:34 pm #2

By the way, I just realized that there are people from all over the world here, so I need to tell you that I am in the United States. Once again,

P.O. Box 994585
Redding, CA, USA 96099

~the5aint~

Arjan AFL.
Arjan AFL.

January 3rd, 2002, 6:54 pm #3

I have an idea. Let's do something different and outrageous, which may help our lucid dreams or even make one of us rich. Each of us comes up with a dream sign, but it has to be something not too common and that most people don't usually dream about. Whoever dreams of that dreamsign, whether they become lucid or not, must send the dreamsign maker $3 (three dollars). If you absolutely can't afford it then send an I.O.U. and promise to pay later.

My dreamsign is:
* Rubick's cube *

So you owe me $3 each time you dream of this, on your honor. Make sure you post your dream to the list as well.

Here's my address:
P.O. Box 994585
Redding, CA 96099
In your dreams!
[and everybody else owes me for dreaming of R-pyramids]

Stuffness
Stuffness

January 3rd, 2002, 7:33 pm #4

My dreamsign is:
* Rubick's cube *

Here's my address:
P.O. Box 994585
Redding, CA 96099
The Saint happily dances his way to his PO Box dedicated to his "Get Rich From Dreams" scheme.

He is very happy to find his first letter which states:

"I.O.U. Some Anthrax. Sorry I ran out on politicians.

Yours Truly,

-Anthrax Mailer"

So you think this will work, Saint? I'll tell you this: GOOD LUCK!

January 3rd, 2002, 8:14 pm #5

My dreamsign is:
* Rubick's cube *

Here's my address:
P.O. Box 994585
Redding, CA 96099
First of all, the agreement is entirely consentual; i.e., if you want to participate then post to this thread saying so. For example:

"Ok Saint, I'll agree to pay you $3 for each time I dream of a Rubick's cube, up to $51 or 7 dreams [or whatever your limit is], if you will do the same whenever you dream of a Tyannosaurus Rex. And I'll also take so-and-so on with his dream-sign under the same conditions."

Then responses would be necessary to seal the deal. By the way, IOU's can be posted to the thread here, but an indication of when payment will be made should be given. It would be fine to keep a tab for a month or two. Remember, this is all in fun, but try to be honorable and don't welch on the deal.

Part of the strategy here is using reverse psychology with our subconscious minds. When we tell ourselves that we are *NOT* going to dream about something, I think the chances are greater that we will more than if we *are* trying to dream about it; and when money is involved it intensifies the situation. And if all this causes you to get lucid then it may be well worth it. Would you pay $3 for a great lucid dream? I would.

Sincerely,
the5aint

Stuffness
Stuffness

January 3rd, 2002, 8:18 pm #6

My dreamsign is:
* Rubick's cube *

Here's my address:
P.O. Box 994585
Redding, CA 96099
All nice and well, except I don't want to post my address on a forum. And neither would a lot of people want to post their addresses...

January 3rd, 2002, 8:20 pm #7

My dreamsign is:
* Rubick's cube *

Here's my address:
P.O. Box 994585
Redding, CA 96099
excuse my spelling and math.
Tyrannosaurus Rex, and $51 would be 17 dreams, not 7.

And please don't send me any Anthrax poisoning =(

January 3rd, 2002, 8:26 pm #8

My dreamsign is:
* Rubick's cube *

Here's my address:
P.O. Box 994585
Redding, CA 96099
You are right, I don't recommend posting your physical address and that is the downfall of this plan. But for those of you that have P.O. boxes or something else that is safe, then I welcome you. Even two people willing to take me on would satisfy me.

the5aint

January 3rd, 2002, 8:44 pm #9

My dreamsign is:
* Rubick's cube *

Here's my address:
P.O. Box 994585
Redding, CA 96099
'Tis a crazy idea.

Sadere.

Stuffness
Stuffness

January 3rd, 2002, 8:45 pm #10

My dreamsign is:
* Rubick's cube *

Here's my address:
P.O. Box 994585
Redding, CA 96099
PO BOX SAFE???

Any Maniac who wants it badly can find out your real Address...