i am back. and I have a GOOD Question plz answer

i am back. and I have a GOOD Question plz answer

Tenchi
Tenchi

October 22nd, 2001, 2:11 am #1

Well i got a good question. about once a week. I lay down going to bed at night. I dont exactly fall asleept when this happens but.... well... I am still Awake sorta. and I experiance something. for example (I see my self Skate boarding. but somthing will happen like myself falling off it. then I burst like I am Falling. and my entire body shakes really fast and I am 100# awake and Out of breath... what is this? ) I have had experiances of fallinf off a mountian and I get the same thing. but... it happens about 1 minute once i hit my head on the pillow and get confy. and i am NOT NOT NOT asleep not 100% atleast I NEED AN ASNWER

Chosen
Chosen

October 22nd, 2001, 2:38 am #2

It's called a hypnic jerk, It can happen in dreams, but what you're experiencing is probably just the same thing, during the first stage of sleep your body starts to have random dream-like thoughts. I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been starting to fall asleep and I start to think that I'm running, and i suddenly wake up, and my leg kicks like I was running. It's really quite normal, it's just that whenever you dream, your brain disables your ability to move your muscles. When you wake, the brain enables your muscle control, and you reflexively continue to do what you were doing in the dream.

October 22nd, 2001, 3:35 pm #3

Well i got a good question. about once a week. I lay down going to bed at night. I dont exactly fall asleept when this happens but.... well... I am still Awake sorta. and I experiance something. for example (I see my self Skate boarding. but somthing will happen like myself falling off it. then I burst like I am Falling. and my entire body shakes really fast and I am 100# awake and Out of breath... what is this? ) I have had experiances of fallinf off a mountian and I get the same thing. but... it happens about 1 minute once i hit my head on the pillow and get confy. and i am NOT NOT NOT asleep not 100% atleast I NEED AN ASNWER
It's good that you have a good question about once a week. With practice you will have them more often.
Anyway, this thing happens to me often (and I remember last was yesterday!). It occures in 15 minutes after I fall asleep (which is not REM stage). Usually I fall off from big height, and wake up AFTER I kiss the ground

Grandpa DEATH
Grandpa DEATH

October 23rd, 2001, 1:43 am #4

I've had so many of those occurances. Usually I would dream of just walking along than tripping on the sidewalk and waking up right before hitting the ground. This same thing may have happened 5-6 times. A few of those times I actually fell off my bed. Lol that scares the heck out of me and once I wasn't able to fall asleep after falling down. Hehehehe.... have a good night >;-J

Tenchi
Tenchi

October 23rd, 2001, 3:03 am #5

thank you all for your help. also Let me add even though i am sorta scared of this. it is quite fun to experiance Scary as hell at first. but it makes you think you are free falling. even though you are safe in your bed O.o Thx all!

October 24th, 2001, 2:47 pm #6

I read in a book once that this is a signature trademark of a person just begining to enter an OBE. Supposedly, you are already there, but not really, and then something pulls you back (i.e. your alarm clock or something) and you jerk sort of. I have had this happen lots of times to me, and it is really neet, because that means that you are on your way to better experiences with dreaming. They can't hurt you so don't worry. Good luck.