Dream --> Lucid --> Dream OBE --> Non Lucid --> Wake Up (detail post)

Dream --> Lucid --> Dream OBE --> Non Lucid --> Wake Up (detail post)

March 12th, 2002, 3:55 pm #1

Before I close my eyelids in my bed I set my intention to try OBE when I get lucid. First I have a normal dream, then I got lucid(I just suddenly know I am dreaming, always happen, don't know why). I remember once I go to a site and it said "if you want to have an OBE, just go to a high place and jump down in your lucid dream. Then you will be snap into an OBE before you hit the ground." After I got lucid I did try. I drump dowm at the top of the CN tower. I found that I really leave my body. Then I pull myself totally out of the body and start to fly around. After about 40 km from my home I feel that a thread was holding my back. "Must be the sliver thread" I think. After a while I try to go be to my body, then I wish to wake up. But what I get is a FA!!! Then I lost my lucidty and continue a normal dream. Then I really woke up this morning. I think, darn! that was only a dream OBE, not the real one(because of the place I went, i know). My question is, how can I do a real this world OBE from lucid dream but not only a dream OBE?

Lucid --> Dream OBE --> Non Lucid --> Wake Up (detail post) -->

March 12th, 2002, 4:01 pm #2

OBEs rarely take place in totally real world.They allways have some "dream"feeling involved.They might be more clear or vivid than a dream but they still are happening in other dimension what makes them look bit unnatural.Thats why we have problems sometimes to say if this was OBE or LD.On many occasions its the thiny line between them

March 14th, 2002, 7:07 pm #3

Before I close my eyelids in my bed I set my intention to try OBE when I get lucid. First I have a normal dream, then I got lucid(I just suddenly know I am dreaming, always happen, don't know why). I remember once I go to a site and it said "if you want to have an OBE, just go to a high place and jump down in your lucid dream. Then you will be snap into an OBE before you hit the ground." After I got lucid I did try. I drump dowm at the top of the CN tower. I found that I really leave my body. Then I pull myself totally out of the body and start to fly around. After about 40 km from my home I feel that a thread was holding my back. "Must be the sliver thread" I think. After a while I try to go be to my body, then I wish to wake up. But what I get is a FA!!! Then I lost my lucidty and continue a normal dream. Then I really woke up this morning. I think, darn! that was only a dream OBE, not the real one(because of the place I went, i know). My question is, how can I do a real this world OBE from lucid dream but not only a dream OBE?
If, as Jack saids, OBEs are just like lucid dream, then why do we bother to have an OBE?