discovered new dream recall technique - seems effective

discovered new dream recall technique - seems effective

March 6th, 2002, 10:56 pm #1

well ever since i started lucid dreaming i hated the idea of a dream journal. but i kept a very good one and i know it helps. like most of you im in no mood to get up 3 times a night and start writting about dreams. but i also know how effect it is for recall and lucidity. i was thinking of a way for improving dream recall that i havent seen before. so i discovered a good way which seems to work very well. ( i do chakra exercises before bed but i dont think it matters with this ).

heres my tech:
while your falling asleep for the first time, think of the last detailed dream you had and remember. re-create the whole dream in your head. and go over all the details and act out as much as you can remember in your head. while your doing this try to focus on as much detail of the dream that you can remember.
before you know it you will be asleep:
when you wake up in the middle of the night, try to recall any dreams you just had. if you cant recall anything focus on another dream that you had recently and do the same as the first part. fall asleep.
wake up again the middle of the night.
same steps over and over...but try to focus on the dream you just woke up on as you fall asleep.

it will be easier to remember the dreams later in the night. this works great in the mourning after a while of sleeping. the first time i tried this was like 830 in the mourning. i fell back asleep doing this and had a ld. also my dream recall sucked latly so i tried it again last night and remember 3 dreams. please try it, or comment on it, and let me know. thanks..hope it helps..

----> §teff

March 7th, 2002, 9:29 pm #2

i used this method again last night and with little effort had like 6 memorable dreams. really cool one's to. detailed and vivid. this seems to work very well...any responces??

----> §teff

March 7th, 2002, 11:33 pm #3

well ever since i started lucid dreaming i hated the idea of a dream journal. but i kept a very good one and i know it helps. like most of you im in no mood to get up 3 times a night and start writting about dreams. but i also know how effect it is for recall and lucidity. i was thinking of a way for improving dream recall that i havent seen before. so i discovered a good way which seems to work very well. ( i do chakra exercises before bed but i dont think it matters with this ).

heres my tech:
while your falling asleep for the first time, think of the last detailed dream you had and remember. re-create the whole dream in your head. and go over all the details and act out as much as you can remember in your head. while your doing this try to focus on as much detail of the dream that you can remember.
when you wake up in the middle of the night, try to recall any dreams you just had. if you cant recall anything focus on another dream that you had recently and do the same as the first part. fall asleep.
same steps over and over...but try to focus on the dream you just woke up on as you fall asleep.

it will be easier to remember the dreams later in the night. this works great in the mourning after a while of sleeping. the first time i tried this was like 830 in the mourning. i fell back asleep doing this and had a ld. also my dream recall sucked latly so i tried it again last night and remember 3 dreams. please try it, or comment on it, and let me know. thanks..hope it helps..

----> §teff
...you old copycat..

March 8th, 2002, 12:30 am #4

heres my tech:

----> §teff
i have never heard that before...maybe it is..well it works so who cares...its not like i published it into a book..

and by the way TOM...ive been trying to hold back anything i wanted to say to you latly, trying to keep this forum peaceful...but i wish one day i have the priviledge to pass you in the street and rip out you heart and feed it to your mother. ill keep it at that..

----> §teff

March 8th, 2002, 8:10 am #5

heres my tech:

----> §teff
I love your last comment on TOM, steff

By the way I think I know how your tech can work.

I read somewhere that the reason we forget dreams
is that we have no use of those memories, we never
pay any attention to them. By paying attention to your dreams you force your brain to automatically remember
them, cause the brain thinks that they are usefull since you think of them so much.

The brain never stores anything that has no use in our lives..

That's something I read and I think the end-result of your method is the same as keeping a journal..

Anyway.. Just something I read somewhere that might very well be true..

Cheers
/ Aristoteles

March 8th, 2002, 2:55 pm #6

heres my tech:

----> §teff
What you describe is basically the root of the MILD technique described by S Laberge in EWLD. You might save yourself some time by doing a little more reading so you don't have to re-invent the wheel.

http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html#mild
(lucidity.com has lots of stuff)

http://www.consciousdreaming.com/lucid- ... -dream.htm

http://members.aol.com/Aarenka/vision.html

Later ------------- CloudHelmut

March 8th, 2002, 11:46 pm #7

heres my tech:

----> §teff
I am sorry to offend you, steff, I didn´t know much about you. Of course I agree to a liberal politics allowing mentally challenged people to express their opinion. So speak out, feel free to distribute your thoughts. Everybody in this forum knows anyway that you never had a lucid dream but that you take your self very seriously. Well, read the previous post or re-invent the wheel or just keep on spreading your "new techniques" you copy-cat.

And btw, if I wanted to feed your heart to your mother I would have been charged of animal cruelty, you mental son of a ...

best wishes, may be you will understand once you turn 13 years old,

tom

March 9th, 2002, 4:03 am #8

heres my tech:

----> §teff
tom to start off dont go telling me i never had a ld cuz im not gunna be a little bitch 4 year old and argue over that. and if mental was the worst thing you could say to me you better spend a little more time before you respond to this message. also, is it to much for you to finish your last sentence. does you mom punish you if you curse? you sure act like it..and i wouldnt start with parental jokes cuz you lucid dream to fuck you mom. im not gunna turn this forum into an insulting challenge for bitches like you cuz if you crossed me in the street you wouldnt have much coming out of your mouth. maybe in your lucid dreams your tough but here you not. ill end it here...respond if you must..

----> §teff

March 10th, 2002, 1:04 am #9

heres my tech:

----> §teff
1.) Still nobody believes that you ever had a ld; you could tell that easily from all your recent posts. Say what you want, you are a show-off. Even Shadowlifter(who was disgusting) was honest and I respected him for the experiences he had. You are nothing, a nobody and you will probably never have a ld. No matter how ofter you try to pretend to have had one.

2.) When you tried to threaten me with your childish "I´ll meet you after school" behaviour you exposed yourself as the numb 12 year old silly wanker that you are. Probably you are so ill, that you don´t even make it to school(provided you know what this building is actually), since the boys in the neighborhood know how sick you are and beat the shit out of you every morning. I think you are just trying to produce yourself as a strong ´big guy´in the net, because you know that in real life you will end up in some stinking suburb, never being able to get a girlfriend and not even being able to have a lucid dream of having a relationship to a descent girl, you wanker.

3.) We will probalbly never meet on the street, because I don´t live near a basic school or a slum.

4.) You started the mother-insulting thing in one of the previous posts, right? However, you might have never known your mother and father, since you are the outcome of a failed abortion, arranged due to bestiality occurred among your closest relatives.

5.) Who the hell is translating your gorilla grunting into (partially) understandable human expressions?

Anyhow, I wish you all the best and hope that we settled our diffences now and that our friendship may grow. As far as I am concerned, let´s not talk about it anymore. Whatever you want to answer, leave it, since I can´t be bothered with it. I will not answer anymore.

Best wishes,

Your friend +homa§ (a little tribute to your cute copied §teffy sign)

March 10th, 2002, 3:51 am #10

heres my tech:

----> §teff
Well, that was off topic.