wrestling is awful now

wrestling is awful now

September 5th, 2010, 8:53 pm #1

i cant stand it, does anyone really like it

September 5th, 2010, 8:57 pm #2

I actually have been enjoying just about all wrestling on TV lately. Some shitty angles, but its been far worse.

September 5th, 2010, 9:30 pm #3

not enough of people YOU NEED to see like in Detroit in it's heyday you needed to see the Sheik and Bobo Brazil. Not anyone being unique I believe it's because the story of a match is a lost, Also too many small flippy guys not enough guys trying to do TOO much. I still love wrestling but I think it needs to go back to what it was not what it is.

September 5th, 2010, 10:25 pm #4

I disagree, this is the classic argument in all things. There comes a time when the next step has to be taken, that time is now. We could all watch the same boring match...muscle bound guy A grabs muscle bound guy B, they chain for what seems like an eternity(even though a majority of fans could care less about chain wrestling) then guy B beats up guy A for awhile....guy A makes a comeback....guy A wins...BORING, but, this is how wrestling, particularly indy wrestling, has been for 20 years. I have a friend who is a worker and has tried to argue with me,a fan, several times about what I wanna see in a match. I see this as the problem. Entertain me, dont give me the same crap I have seen 57 times this year

September 6th, 2010, 3:26 am #5

Blame Hulk Hogan for that formula.

Dusty Dillinger
Dusty Dillinger

September 6th, 2010, 3:40 am #6

Blame Vince. At one time this country was divided into territories. In each of these territories different things worked and got over with the fans. When Vince started his company and took it national, the style that he knew and was familiar with in that territory was put on display. Over the years and with the success of WWF/WWE that particular style became the norm. Same formula used over and over match after match. Those that are really good can do it in a way that tells the story and is entertaining, those that are just so-so, not so much. All the other styles then become a little obscure but are still there just not as in your face as WWE.
If you like the story telling, try some southern promotions, if you want more spots, check out the northern promotions, if you want a bunch of little ass guys doing every move known to man with no real rhyme or reason, watch some east coast stuff. These are mostly indy suggestions of course.
My opinion of course but look into it.. you'll see I'm not that far off

September 6th, 2010, 4:07 am #7

Wrestling is pansy ass fake shit anyway. Real men watch MMA!

September 6th, 2010, 4:41 am #8

Why are people saying wrestling sucks now and real men watch mma....yet these people are on a WRESTLING message board?

September 6th, 2010, 5:11 am #9

Yeah but MMA has been influenced by none other than that "fake ass wrestling"

Fighter A challenges Fighter B

Fighter B accepts while talking trash

fighter A talks trash to Fighter B

All of this in the name of selling tickets and buy rates to the PPV coming up

Fighter A's entrance music hits letting the crowd know who's coming to the cage followed by Fighter B

The ring announcer announces the two men using fancy nicknames that make the fighter seem like a comic book character (i.e. Rampage, Iceman, etc)

The two fight and if the buy rate and ticket sales are good enough a rematch is hyped up in the future.

As for Hogan is you think he created the muscle man style and ruined wrestling watch him v. Muta in Japan... only place I've ever seen Hogan chain into a armbar and hit an enziguri.

September 6th, 2010, 5:56 am #10

"Yeah but MMA has been influenced by none other than that "fake ass wrestling"

Fighter A challenges Fighter B

Fighter B accepts while talking trash

fighter A talks trash to Fighter B

All of this in the name of selling tickets and buy rates to the PPV coming up

Fighter A's entrance music hits letting the crowd know who's coming to the cage followed by Fighter B

The ring announcer announces the two men using fancy nicknames that make the fighter seem like a comic book character (i.e. Rampage, Iceman, etc)

The two fight and if the buy rate and ticket sales are good enough a rematch is hyped up in the future."

Yeah but after all that bullshit they fight for real, they don't dance and pretend like a couple of oiled up faggots.