Untitled

Untitled

SCW Mng.
SCW Mng.

August 7th, 2011, 9:22 am #1

The SCW returned to the Newton Township Fire Dept Saturday night:

WRATHCHILD fell short in match with every bodies favorite block head - Charlie Brown.

Riot Squad member - MEAN MARK MUSTANG, deft STORM.

In tag team action, BD FIELDS & CB COOL fell short in their match with The Judge & RAPTOR.

Every mans nightmare, Super Opera, deft. SPADE.

IWA Hvwt. Champ - RELENTLESS RON MATHIS, deft. former champion and friend - RICK RAMSEY.

In a 18 foot high steel cage, wrestlings mad dog - ROK WYLER, RAGE & TODD FIZLE deft BULL MILLER, DERICK FLYNT & PRECIOUS PAUL HARLEY. The end came when FIZLE climbed to the top of the cage and jumped down on his opponents. He then climbed back over again to secure the win.

As ROK WYLER and RAGE went into the back stage area, MARK MUSTANG attached FIZLE and pulled him into the ring. BULL MILLER, PRECIOUS PAUL, DERICK FLYNT & MARK MUSTANG then beat FIZLE to a bloody pulp. His partners tried to save him but Miller kept the cage door locked until they threw FIZLE's battered body out of the ring.

Because ROK WYLER, RAGE & FIZLE team won they will get a IWA Tag Team Title match Vs. Miller and FLYNT when the SCW returnes to the Newton Township Fire house next month.

We would like to thank all the wrstlers, Behind the sene personel, and our wonderful fans for this exulent event.

August 7th, 2011, 11:27 am #2

`
Last edited by indymessageboard on August 7th, 2011, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan

August 7th, 2011, 12:26 pm #3

Congratulations to this promotion who put on a show and entertained the fans.
Last edited by indymessageboard on August 7th, 2011, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian
Brian

August 7th, 2011, 6:04 pm #4

How many paying fans did you have?
The reason i am asking is if i rent a cage and pay my talent $25-$50 each,i need to make sure it would be worth it.

Thanks
Brian

August 7th, 2011, 7:49 pm #5

and why do you ask?

August 7th, 2011, 10:04 pm #6

i thought it was a good question myself

August 8th, 2011, 2:08 am #7

thats a tough question man. bull miller got an inheritance check and he blew it on a cage and bringing in names like vader and road warrior animal a few years ago. neither scw or the iwa draw crowds greater than maybe 25 people. but they dont lose money on the cage because they own it. both these feds are horrible backyard companies and really give indy wrestling a bad name. its a shame because bull used to own a gym where alot of guys got there start but now all he does it book untrained backyarders and marks like david lanning. its a waste, a total waste. and before lanning or bull come on here and attack me i want to say that this is nothing personal, thats why i dont feel i need to leave my name. ive been in the business for 12 years so i think i'm entitled to my opinion. and like i said, its nothing personal. the iwa and scw and there current "roster" are the drizzly shits.

Bull Miller
Bull Miller

August 8th, 2011, 2:09 am #8

i thought it was a good question myself
Actually the crowed was down even though we had a cage match. But normally I find the cage is a draw. Not a HUGE draw but a draw. If you normally draw a hundred fans, then maybe a cage match would get you an extra 25 to 40 fans.

Im sure the reason the crowed was not what it should have been was because there was a lot going on in the area that night. A fair. Drag raises. It did not help. Plus it was a hot night and that always cuts down the crowed a bit.

Anyways, I hope this insight helps.

Bull Miller
Bull Miller

August 8th, 2011, 4:34 am #9

thats a tough question man. bull miller got an inheritance check and he blew it on a cage and bringing in names like vader and road warrior animal a few years ago. neither scw or the iwa draw crowds greater than maybe 25 people. but they dont lose money on the cage because they own it. both these feds are horrible backyard companies and really give indy wrestling a bad name. its a shame because bull used to own a gym where alot of guys got there start but now all he does it book untrained backyarders and marks like david lanning. its a waste, a total waste. and before lanning or bull come on here and attack me i want to say that this is nothing personal, thats why i dont feel i need to leave my name. ive been in the business for 12 years so i think i'm entitled to my opinion. and like i said, its nothing personal. the iwa and scw and there current "roster" are the drizzly shits.
LOL, to the "No Named" person who just posted above and said it was nothing personal, maybe you should get your facts strait. I was buying wrestling rings and bringing in big names LONG before my family died. I bought my first ring in about 1986 I would say. Got it from the guy who trained me - Flying Fred Curry.

I have also brought in big names long before anyone in my family died. So I would think I am capable of doing so without any money i got threw my family passing.

That being said. Mr. or Ms. I think SCW and IWA are yard promotions. Check this out. I have been in this game for over 30 years. I got in by training with true legends in this game. U know, guys who wrestled all over the world, from Japan to Madison Sq. Gardens. And I have been at it for over 30 years and have had thousands of matches. So if U want to call me a yarder then go right ahead. But I would like to see how your write up matches up to mine. And oh, by the way, Paul Harley can say about the same as I.

Now, have I lost money in wrestling? Well, yes I have. Its a tough game. But I have had decades of experience, and even though I from time to time mess up even to this day. I have came up with a way to promote that has kept me in this business for a long time. Much longer than many who have said I do not run a good ship and they was going to show me how to do it. U know who those guys are - their mostly the ones out of business. LOL

And as booker for both IWA and SCW I will agree there are a couple guys U might call yarders in our rings. Im not thrilled with that. But its not because of the reasons most on here think. And I will tell U this, we got a LOT of good hands as well. Ron Mathis, CB Cool, Rick Ramsey, Rok Wyler, Judge, Rage, Raptor,BD Fields, Charley Brown, all make for a good card. Through in a couple old pros like me and Paul Harley and I think it all makes for an entertaining night of wrestling.

Now we can go on. We can debate about bringing in Super Indy guys. Or just better known locals. Maybe even more names. But that would all be just a debate. What is not a debate is that me and Paul Harley have set up a system that works for us.

So if U think we or our promotions are yarders and you could do better, then start your own promotion and do it your way. If your still running in 20 years like me and Paul have done, I promise we will debate our style Vs. yours. Until then I really do not think we have anything to prove.

I love wrestling, as I am sure everyone on this board does. But wrestling and promoting is a lot like manufacturing soda. Can Pepsi really say Big K is a yarder pop (lol) No, because Big K has been around for a lot of years. Big K keeps a lot of ppl working. And it keeps a lot of people drinking as well.

LOL, U know I love analogies.

Bless U all!!

- Bull

August 8th, 2011, 3:40 pm #10

Amen, well said Bull.Lets here there business plan and see if they can be and the black after six months.