Question about Trainers and their schools

Question about Trainers and their schools

Gill
Gill

August 27th, 2010, 11:57 am #1

Everyone on this site talks about the trainers and the schools and the fact that everyone should go to a "good" school with a "good" trainer and so forth. Well, my question is this..... What makes a trainer or a school so good? Have any of these trainers ever made it onto WWE's roster? Tna's? So if they cant make it, how are they gonna train me to make it. I would really like to train to be a wrestler, but not if Im gonna get stuck in one place and become just another name that the idiots on this board bitch about on a daily basis.

August 27th, 2010, 12:40 pm #2

Just because a trainer has not made it to WWE or TNA does not mean he is not a good trainer. Many great coaches in football, basketball,hell in every sport have never played at the professional level but yet know how to teach, evaluate talent, know someones strengths etc. The best thing you should do is to go visit some schools that are within 2hrs of your driving distance. Dont look for the school that makes you feel warm and fuzzy find the one that you know you will be pushed at the hardest that safety is looked upon, and how some of the students look while they are working out. Also its really important to find schools who have a promtotion that run regualr shows not 5 a year, this is an important part of training. So many guys go train at places that dont even run shows then they got their dick in their hands looking for places to work. BTW going to a school where a guy has had some work with one of the two companys and thinking this will better your chances is foolish, it will boil down to YOU in the end nothing more nothing less.

August 27th, 2010, 4:40 pm #3

I personally would want to be trained by someone who has made it in the biz- someone who was able to make a living from it. Whether it was in a major fed, or in Mexico, Puerto Rico, Japan, or the Dominican Republic. They would know what it takes, and would be able to teach me that. If I couldn't be trained by someone like that, I would go to a school where students who went there were able to make it.

You can go to a trainer who never made it, and still go far. But it is less likely. This is a business, so I would take things seriously and do what would increase my chances. Some people are satisfied with pushing a pencil Monday to Friday and wrestling on Saturday nights. But if you're not that type of person, do what would help the most.

August 27th, 2010, 5:19 pm #4

Ive always felt it was important to train with a guy that knows your style well, if you are really interested in a older style game then you need to find a older guy. If your looking to go lucha then a guy like Quack or his students are your best bet in this area. Dont get me wrong you have to be realistic. If your 6'3 and 240+ then dont get it in your head that your going to be Matt Sydal. Its just stupid. I know that when I started looking I knew what my strengths were as far as my athletic ability and wanted sombody that could help me grow, not try to change me into somthing else.

August 27th, 2010, 7:57 pm #5

Everyone on this site talks about the trainers and the schools and the fact that everyone should go to a "good" school with a "good" trainer and so forth. Well, my question is this..... What makes a trainer or a school so good? Have any of these trainers ever made it onto WWE's roster? Tna's? So if they cant make it, how are they gonna train me to make it. I would really like to train to be a wrestler, but not if Im gonna get stuck in one place and become just another name that the idiots on this board bitch about on a daily basis.
Here's a good school for anyone serious about becoming a wrestler.

ASWA Wrestling School
Head Trainer: Jimmie Lee
(you can look him up on facebook and message him for more information)

The address of the training gym is:
1901 Ashland Rd. Mansfield, OH 44905

The normal training sessions are:
Tuesdays @ 7pm
Thursdays and alternate Wednesdays @ 7pm
Saturdays @ 2pm

Some of the students that have trained at the ASWA wrestling schools over the years are: "Wildcat" Chris Harris, "The Living Nightmare" Jimmie Lee, Thunder Morgan, "Mr. Insanity" Toby Cline, Brain Damage, Kenny Hendrix, "Beefstew" Lou Marconi, Frank Stelletto, Deranged, Crazy Buzz Jones, The Prince of Polyester, Derrick Stone and GQ Status just to name a few

http://www.myspace.com/aswaprowrestlingschool

August 27th, 2010, 8:08 pm #6

If you want to be serious in wrestling, and establish yourself as a real pro wrestler and make money you need to go to a school with a legit history, meaning more than one of their students have been signed and made a living off of pro wrestling. That doesn't have to mean signed to WWE, but just became a success. There are places that have good schools if you want to just be an indy wrestler, they exist everywhere. However if you are serious, then you need to go straight to FCW, or Wild Samoans, or somewhere that has a solid track record. There aren't really any places around the Western PA/Eastern OH area that have that though. Many guys have had dark matches or a couple matches in WWE or TNA, which is fine, but if you want that and a better chance at making it you need a legit school, or at least get trained around here and move somewhere that has a more reputable outcome of talent that makes it.

August 27th, 2010, 9:11 pm #7

If you can handle the physicality, the best place to train is the "Power Plant" in Atlanta. The head trainer is a guy named Buddy Lee. The only problem is, he was never really over and never really got a push in TNA or WWE. But, he did train some excellent talent like El Gigante, Big Show and Glacier. Tryout fee is $2,500... non-refundable.

August 28th, 2010, 3:42 am #8

Michael Hutter was trained by J-Rocc and Eddie Edwards and he has a WWE developmental deal

Tyrone Evans/Michael Tarver was barely trained by Eddie Insane and Kano and just main evented Summer Slam.

Sometimes it doesn't matter who trained you.

August 28th, 2010, 12:21 pm #9

`
Last edited by indymessageboard on August 28th, 2010, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 28th, 2010, 3:26 pm #10

Very little time training, except for the 3+ years in developmental.