Saturday February 4th, 2012 - 7:30 PM
The PWX Wrestleplex
2125 Beacon St. - McKeesport, PA
TICKETS: VIP $12, General Admission $10, Kids Under 12: $6
To reserve tickets, e-mail NWAEAST@comcast.net

FEATURING:

AND MORE!

January 29th, 2012, 10:45 am #2

Why is PPG booked against Nutts? Wouldn't it be better to have Ryan Reign work in a futures cup rematch? Reign is ten times the worker PPG is but he will get used in some pointless tag match or whatever.

February 1st, 2012, 1:50 am #3

Untitled
by PWX Wasted Young Talent (no login)

Now I understand that PWX has ALOT of people on their roster and how they claim they have a ton of exclusive talent as well, but I really do think PWX has dropped the ball on their use of some of their young talent. Dont get me wrong, PWX has come a long way from where they were at this point a year ago, but they have essentially had the same guys at the top for the past three years. IMO, some need to go while others are still golden at their positions.

Here is my list of people that PWX has dropped the ball on:

Jay Flash and Tony Johnson: Sure they are rough around the edges, but both have the look of a PROFESSIONAL wrestler, both are in tremendous shape, and both seem very eager to learn. Why are they not being used alot more is beyond me.

System Elite: No they have not wrestled in PWX before. But Tyler Cross has wrestled there in singles in some weird match with Kato and that was it. The fact that this young tag team has to come in and do a pre show match or in other words a 'tryout' is strange indeed. Trust me, they are better than most of the teams in PWX now.

Jimmy Nutts: He went from a monster push winning the young guys cup thing to doing pretty mich nothing in four months. Why? He is very popular with the fans and puts out 110% everytime he wrestles.

Payton Graham: I am sure there will be some grief over this one. Yes he is getting singles matches with a storyline and just went over Ryan Mitchell too. But this should of happened 8 months ago. Why wasnt Dahmer dropped a lomng time ago and Graham given his chance then? Plus his storyline seems like it is kinda close to Ashton Amhurst's. That is just not fair for Graham at all. This is a big guy with some real possibilities, please do something more with him.

Jay Ice: I like the way he was brought in. I just hope he doesnt get lost in the shuffle like the others above.

Maybe it is time someone does something with these guys...Thought?

Posted on Jan 31, 2012, 6:13 PM

February 1st, 2012, 3:32 am #4

Gee I wonder why you aren't used more payton?? Every time these critique of young wrestlers posts pop up it is painfully obvious that it is you.

February 1st, 2012, 11:48 am #5

Untitled

Now I understand that PWX has ALOT of people on their roster and how they claim they have a ton of exclusive talent as well, but I really do think PWX has dropped the ball on their use of some of their young talent. Dont get me wrong, PWX has come a long way from where they were at this point a year ago, but they have essentially had the same guys at the top for the past three years. IMO, some need to go while others are still golden at their positions.

Jay Flash and Tony Johnson: Sure they are rough around the edges, but both have the look of a PROFESSIONAL wrestler, both are in tremendous shape, and both seem very eager to learn. Why are they not being used alot more is beyond me.

System Elite: No they have not wrestled in PWX before. But Tyler Cross has wrestled there in singles in some weird match with Kato and that was it. The fact that this young tag team has to come in and do a pre show match or in other words a 'tryout' is strange indeed. Trust me, they are better than most of the teams in PWX now.

Jimmy Nutts: He went from a monster push winning the young guys cup thing to doing pretty mich nothing in four months. Why? He is very popular with the fans and puts out 110% everytime he wrestles.

Payton Graham: I am sure there will be some grief over this one. Yes he is getting singles matches with a storyline and just went over Ryan Mitchell too. But this should of happened 8 months ago. Why wasnt Dahmer dropped a lomng time ago and Graham given his chance then? Plus his storyline seems like it is kinda close to Ashton Amhurst's. That is just not fair for Graham at all. This is a big guy with some real possibilities, please do something more with him.

Jay Ice: I like the way he was brought in. I just hope he doesnt get lost in the shuffle like the others above.

Pwx is notoriously an "old boys club" where young talent isn't given a fair shake until well after they've proven themselves. Other than Stryder, they have not pushed any young talent. More importantly they just don't give them a chance. Just look at the young talent nearly begging to get in that is left out in the cold.

Jay Flash and Tony Johnson have done nothing but be professional, respectful kids. They got a shot in the futures cup and had a good match against each other. Ever since they've been relegated to preshow matches or not used at all. These guys showed up to shows early at Renze to set up the ring, work out and sit and LISTEN to veterans. Sounds like a reasonable reason not to use them.

System Elite are a good team. Tyler worked the futures cup too. Then was never back. Edric use to come to shows all the time to set up the ring, but stopped when it became clear he wasn't going to get used. I don't blame him either. They did everything the right way only to be ignored. Edric would just sit on the patio with trainees.

Quinn doesn't know what kind of young talent he has. He stuck Graham with Dahmer and it nearly killed his career. He puts Reign with a mouth piece even though the kid can cut a good promo. He let Jack Pollock sit on the patio for how long before using him in nothing but preshow and squash matches. The kid trained with Lance Storm, showed up for ring crew every month and his reward was a Battle Royal where "The Best Big Man in the Tri-State Area" Tony Hansen promptly busted his head open with the worlds WORST clothesline. Kid goes to the ER to get stitches because of a guy who shouldn't be in the ring because he literally can't see in there (he won't wear contacts or glasses), and he is promptly rewarded with more patio time.

If these guys were smart they'd go somewhere else, or just take the oppertunity. Quinn isn't going to give them anything. He doesn't know the talent in his own locker room. He'd rather give Gash another title shot. They need to go out there Saturday and make an impact and drag Quinn to the water and shove his head underwater and make him drink.

February 1st, 2012, 1:47 pm #6

I agree with this. I have seen these kids bust their ass for Quinn and for what $5 if that? What happens when these guys get hurt and need their hospital bills paid? Where will Quinn be then? Quinn is terrible as a booker and an even worse person for not paying his wrestlers. They even charge workers for hot dogs and pop when Quinn's kids eat and drink free. PWX is a sinking ship.

February 1st, 2012, 2:23 pm #7

Untitled

reign is the only one that gets a major push because he's friends with ashton amhuerst.

February 1st, 2012, 3:08 pm #8

The truth of the matter is this, the young guys don't get pushed, because the PWX "Legends" won't get out of the way. Look at every card, it's littered with old PWX guys that are taking all the spots that the younger guys could have. It prevents guys like Tony Johnson and Jay Flash from being anything but pre-show guys. PWX used to be a great proving ground for younger talent and it used to give younger guys a shot to excel. But, this new PWX is just about catering to the old men. PWX needs change, it needs all these younger guys and even the newer guys who are finally getting a shot like Jay Ice and System Elite or even other young indy talent that could be brought it, to take all these spots away from the old mens club. No one should blame Quinns booking, they should blame Quinn or Jim for not just putting the old guys to bed and shutting the year book for them. There needs to be change in PWX and it needs to come in the form of all these younger guys being elevated one way or another.

February 1st, 2012, 7:34 pm #9

Sorry to say , PWX is now making guys earn there spots. The "Old Guys" are known and are a draw to PWX crowd. Their has been new guys come in but in talking with Jim he's just come to the point that no one was ever happy and all that some did was bitch. So I have seen PWX cut down the personel only keeping the best in there eyes. I'm sure things are still changing tell it all irons out.

February 1st, 2012, 7:39 pm #10

No they aren't, As long as Crusher, Dash Bennett, and guys like Appolyahn and Payton Graham are prominant, the will not be making guys earn their spot. Shirley Doe is another one. Garbage worker at best. As long as no talents like Beast are there, and Quinn is in charge, the old boys will always be on top, unless you are Ryan Mitchell, you better be with the "in" crowd.... not the "Wrong Crowd" any more.