Lie Spotting

Lie Spotting

Indy Video Super Mark
Indy Video Super Mark

August 3rd, 2010, 4:19 pm #1

I Know that some promotions lie to say more ppl were there but... WHY?

For Example: Just AN EXAMPLE! NOT HATING! And please don't delete, I am really trying to save my love for the indies and just want a few straight answers (my last post i think may have been moved or deleted or it may have just been buried with the many other threads and I missed the responce)

Just saw some footage from the July 31st RWA show in West Newton PA, (I went to KSWA in Monogahela instead) now I don't like to call anyone a lie spitting fool BUT on this very site there is a claim of there being 130 ppl at the show. I see maybe 80-ish in the crowd? WHY? Did half of the crowd go take a "SMOKE BREAK" at the same time? (and did the "SMOKE BREAK" last from the start of the show to the finish?) Or is this just more SMOKE being blown from the RWA? Do other companies do this too?

I want to go check out FNW, but if all these lil feds are lieing then I'd Rather not make the long drive from Elizabeth to be dis-appointed. When I hear that so and so promotion draws 200-300-400 it makes me interested in seeing why so many ppl flock to that fed. Heck that's why I started going to ROH. Their crowd on the first show i went to was 130 to 140, when their crowds were up to around 300 i started going back to see what the buzz was. If they are all lying then I will just watch monday and friday/ and DVR ROH and save my hard earned cash (Would you like fries with that?)for buying DVDs and PPVs

August 3rd, 2010, 5:52 pm #2

Do you go to enjoy the show or socialize? Does the draw matter if you like the show?

Indy Fan
Indy Fan

August 3rd, 2010, 8:19 pm #3

I absolutely think the shows are better the bigger the crowds are. For one, there is more excitement. Number two, whether they want to admit it or not, the wreslters put out more of an effort if there is a larger crowd. They can play to the crowd more if the crowd is larger and more enthusiastic.

August 3rd, 2010, 8:26 pm #4

Still didn't answer my question, but thanks for the input.

Do they all lie about it or just RWA?

August 3rd, 2010, 8:50 pm #5

Tom McKnight who books 304 in Huntington is the worst at that. He always adds about 100 to a 150 or more to what he actually has. He might have about 115 to 125, and say he had 250 to 300, even though people were at the show, and knows what he had. He also would be one of the biggest liars in Indy Wrestling also.So TMD definitely fits this topic 100%.

August 3rd, 2010, 8:55 pm #6

I counted the people in the crowd at RWA and it seriously looked the be about 130. The show ran about 3 1/2 so maybe some of the crowd left before the last match.

August 4th, 2010, 2:08 am #7

I Know that some promotions lie to say more ppl were there but... WHY?

For Example: Just AN EXAMPLE! NOT HATING! And please don't delete, I am really trying to save my love for the indies and just want a few straight answers (my last post i think may have been moved or deleted or it may have just been buried with the many other threads and I missed the responce)

Just saw some footage from the July 31st RWA show in West Newton PA, (I went to KSWA in Monogahela instead) now I don't like to call anyone a lie spitting fool BUT on this very site there is a claim of there being 130 ppl at the show. I see maybe 80-ish in the crowd? WHY? Did half of the crowd go take a "SMOKE BREAK" at the same time? (and did the "SMOKE BREAK" last from the start of the show to the finish?) Or is this just more SMOKE being blown from the RWA? Do other companies do this too?

I want to go check out FNW, but if all these lil feds are lieing then I'd Rather not make the long drive from Elizabeth to be dis-appointed. When I hear that so and so promotion draws 200-300-400 it makes me interested in seeing why so many ppl flock to that fed. Heck that's why I started going to ROH. Their crowd on the first show i went to was 130 to 140, when their crowds were up to around 300 i started going back to see what the buzz was. If they are all lying then I will just watch monday and friday/ and DVR ROH and save my hard earned cash (Would you like fries with that?)for buying DVDs and PPVs
going to a show just because it has a big crowd doesn't make any sense... i've been to many shows with a tiny but HOT crowd... i've also been to shows with a huge quiet crowd... so your logic doesn't work

August 4th, 2010, 2:16 am #8

I counted the people in the crowd at RWA and it seriously looked the be about 130. The show ran about 3 1/2 so maybe some of the crowd left before the last match.
I am seriously confused as to why the size of the crowd deteremines rather you have a good time or not. The workers SHOULD bust their asses rather there is 15 or 115,or 1115 ppl in the crowd. They paid for a ticket and should be entertained properly regardless of how many other people came.

August 4th, 2010, 4:01 am #9

going to a show just because it has a big crowd doesn't make any sense... i've been to many shows with a tiny but HOT crowd... i've also been to shows with a huge quiet crowd... so your logic doesn't work
I know at least i think the promotors should rent places that match their crowds.
When we worked shows in the ashland armory we drew from 2-300 average which was fine,but when we worked a smaller town we worked in a elementary and 100 filled the house.
And yes the crowd as the worker got into it and the crowd seemed hot.

But one time we went to a arena in WV and only drew 30 fans and that place held 1000+ and it was hard to get into it as well as the fans.

I have nothing against 304 but work a arena that can sit 2000 fans and only drawing a couple hundred(which i think they added 40% to that count)
It would seem better working a school that can sit 250 would be better.
It sounds good to say you are working a civic center but the costs doesn't make sinse even if you have a money mark.

Suz
Suz

August 4th, 2010, 4:37 am #10

I am seriously confused as to why the size of the crowd deteremines rather you have a good time or not. The workers SHOULD bust their asses rather there is 15 or 115,or 1115 ppl in the crowd. They paid for a ticket and should be entertained properly regardless of how many other people came.
I agree with that! Nobody worries about the crowd, or draw, unless it's a promoter or a wrestler, or someone else involved with the promotion so maybe it's someone just trying to either be a smart mark or someone wanting to start trouble. How many fans sit and wonder how many people are gonna be at a show they want to go to and consider not going if they draw low...ummmm....makes no sense! Quality, not quantity!
As for the thing with 304 that someone mentioned, sure it's a rather large building, BUT that does not affect how the crowd interacts! The crowd is usually loudddddd at 304! It gets my energy up as well as the wrestlers. One thing though...this crowd tells it straight, if someone is boring or sucks, or messes up, they will tell them! lol That's why I love them so much. U don't hear it much at 304, but hey it happens everywhere right? It's just not all fans are so awesome. lol