IWC Proving Ground

IWC Proving Ground

June 27th, 2012, 2:57 am #1

Cool concept if you ask me. Giving the younger guys of IWC a chance to show what they got. Most will bash the idea though. I know how this works. At 10$ a ticket it will be a nice change of pace from IWC so Im gonna check it out.

June 27th, 2012, 11:37 am #2

We saw this a several years back when PWX had a spinoff promotion with young guys and guys they fell out of favor with the bookers of PWX. It was a decent product.

June 27th, 2012, 7:32 pm #3

so this idea is most likely something ripped off from PWX by hentai, idol or some other guy that was around when PWX did it and thinks IWC can do it and make it fresh? Chest Flexor vs Logan Shulo sounds like an awful Heavyweight title match. I'll wait to see the rest of the card is before I commit to buying a ticket to this show bcuz charismatic black hole Shulo vs a guy that manages most of the time in Chest flexor and nobody tyler stone vs super indy spot blower facade doesnt sound too hot right now.

June 27th, 2012, 8:42 pm #4

I don't see this as a PWX rip off at all. PWX had a split promotion called PWL and PWL was doing better than PWX because young guys were given a chance. This is one single show under the IWC banner, focusing on the young talent and giving them an opportunity. If anything PWX should steal this idea from IWC.

June 27th, 2012, 10:09 pm #5

Don't roh have it to but over all who cares as long as the product is good right

Mark
Mark

June 28th, 2012, 11:50 am #6

I don't see this as a PWX rip off at all. PWX had a split promotion called PWL and PWL was doing better than PWX because young guys were given a chance. This is one single show under the IWC banner, focusing on the young talent and giving them an opportunity. If anything PWX should steal this idea from IWC.
I can't wait for this show, and for only $10. That's a steal. I'm hoping that they bring in some fresh young talent. Maybe we'll see some new faces we've never seen before. I also agree with the previous poster who said that this looks like a one time show (hopefully it will become annual) filled with just a bunch of young guys. Now it makes sense as to why Flexor won the #1 contendership. To face Shulo on this young guys show. I certainly don't think this was anything stolen from PWX. That doesn't make sense. Never saw PWX do a show where the focus was just on fresh young talent. I wonder if they will run with any of the main storylines for this show, or if it will be just a bunch of good matches with fresh faces.
Also, yes ROH used to have a Proving Grounds match, or division(?). I think it had something to do with their school. Now they occasionaly have a "Proving Grounds" match. I think it has something to do with their titles, etc. I vaguly remember IWC doing something about 3 years ago or so. Naming a few matches on their shows "Proving Grounds" matches. Oh well.
Can't wait for this show!

June 28th, 2012, 3:32 pm #7

Flexor isnt a "young talent" the guy has been wrestling for at least 5 years. And theres no build to him getting a title shot so why should people care at all and to top it all off Flexor just isnt that good and isnt Heavyweight title material. Dalton Castle or even Tyler Stone should have got the shot before Flexor. The only way I can see this making sense is if it leads to DeMarco coming back and screwing Flexor which would help Flexor turn total face and give him some real momentum and a reason for people to cheer him and get behind him against McChesney and DeMarco. Otherwise its just very sloppy dumb booking.

Mark
Mark

June 28th, 2012, 3:53 pm #8

No, you're right Flexor isn't a young talent. He is one of the younger members of the IWC roster though. He has been around for 5 years like you said. So on a "young guys show", he could main event it. He is one of the older, young guys. The show is obviously being billed as a smaller show (look at the ticket prices), so i'm sure they aren't going to give us a Dalton Castle feud for the title. I can see that being something they'd run with on a big show...
Buty ou're right though. You should be the booker. "Your" ideas are much better than anyone else's, or anything they can come up with.
I get so sick of the "Arm Chair Quarterbacks" on here.

June 29th, 2012, 9:59 am #9

Are you mark Swanson the guy who always tags along with mcchesney? The guy was just giving his opinion. No need for you to pour on the sarcasm and ridicule.

June 29th, 2012, 6:14 pm #10

He won a match over RAY ROWE, HENTI, Castle & Denny for a shot @ the belt.