IWA East Coast: St. Patty's Day Massacre 3/17 Nitro, WV!

IWA East Coast: St. Patty's Day Massacre 3/17 Nitro, WV!

March 11th, 2010, 9:57 pm #1

March 16th, 2010, 11:15 pm #2

No Day Bros. or Viper thats strange.

March 17th, 2010, 1:26 pm #3

No, that's good. they were on every show for 2 years! The Days have nothing to bring to the table anymore. they are the same old tired act.

March 18th, 2010, 5:07 am #4

3/17 IWA East Coast results from Nitro, WV
by Ryan (no login)

Just got home. Awesome show, can't wait for the next one.

IWA East Coast
St. Patrick's Day Massacre
March 17, 2010
Community Center - Nitro, WV

- Ring announcer: Adam Montgomery
- Referee (worked his ass off tonight): Drew Taylor

- Jason Gory came out at the beginning and interrupted ring announced Adam Montgomery, which then resulted in a brawl featuring Gory, the Murder Junkies, Viper, Bulldozer and David Day with Viper and the Murder Junkies standing tall. Jason Gory's ring jacket looked like he stole it from Awesome Kong.

1) Zac Vincent def. Frightmare.

2) Bull Pain def. Elkview Adam. Poor Adam got murdered with Bull Pain's bat. It wouldn't be an Elkview Adam match if Adam didn't get helped to the back.

3) Trik Nasty & TJ Phillips (w/Woody Numbers) def. The Osirian Portal (Amasis & Ophidian).

- Eric Darkstorm and Jon Moxley started out their match where the winner challenges IWA East Coast Champion Roderick Strong, but were quickly interrupted by music. Totally unannounced (and the crowd went nuts) walks out Chris Hero. He says the first IWA East Coast Champion should be allowed to fight for the right to face the champion and that it was now a three-way.

4) Chris Hero def. Eric Darkstorm and Jon Moxley and will face Roderick Strong for the IWA East Coast Championship on May 12.

5) Jason "The Gift" Kincaid def. "Omega" Aaron Draven (w/Woody Numbers). Omega is doing his heel persona that I've seen him do down in ASW.

6) Sami Callihan def. Thumbtack Jack by submission. The chops were so brutal. Didn't expect Jack to lose that way, but at least they aren't having Jack roll over everyone.

7) JC Bailey def. Mad Man Pondo in a bloody Barbed Wire Bat match.

8) Necro Butcher def. Kevin Sullivan in another bloody match. Necro and Sullivan fought all over the building, even going back to the concession stand in another room, Necro's blood marking the path. Necro even grabbed a wet mop (which had been used to clean up JC Bailey and Pondo's blood from the previous match) and was slinging it around at Sullivan. Match was short but definitely entertaining.

=========

Next show will be May 12 back in Nitro. As mentioned, Roderick Strong defends the IWA East Coast Championship against Chris Hero. Balls Mahoney will make his IWA-EC debut and the Irish Airborne make their return.

March 18th, 2010, 5:58 am #5

I hope IWA keeps up the surprises. That has been missing the past few years. Keep the same old crap off the card and keep up the good work. They had lots of great merchandise for sale too.

March 18th, 2010, 6:12 am #6

IMOP IWA EAST is by far the best indy in WV,and in the top ten in the nation!
If WWE @TNA ran the same night as IWA EASTCOAST,IWA all the way baby!

March 18th, 2010, 12:31 pm #7

They put on the best shows ive seen in Ohio and WV. Last night had a little bit of everything, started on time and had 9 matches!!!!

March 18th, 2010, 5:08 pm #8

- Overall, an excellent showing from the TOP promotion in the tri-state area.

- All of the ringside seats were filled as were most of the bleachers, I'd say 200 in attendance.

- Commentators for Smartmark Video were Vanceboy, Fattawn and Mr. Christian.

- Show started ON TIME (!!!) with Adam Montgomery doing the basic pre-show fare.

- Montgomery was on last night and showed why he is in IWA: EC to stay. Probably the best I've seen him.

- Once again, Drew Taylor was the only referee on the show. Drew always does great work and never seems to have a problem going bell to bell.

- The Gory/Facade/Viper/Day/Bulldozer/Murder Junkies segment to start the show didn't seem to make very much sense. I would've had Gory/Facade vs. The Day Brothers.

- Zac Vincent/Frightmare was a fun high flying match. Zac continually proves why he is one of the top high fliers in the tri-state.

- Bull Pain/Elkview Adam was exactly what everybody expected it would be. Adam took quite a beating but hung in there. Bull Pain is always a fan favorite in IWA.

- Nasty/Phillips vs. Osirian Portal was a fun match. Interesting mix of styles with the crowd really liking the Portal. I'm sure they will be back.

- The crowd was completely surprised by the appearance of Chris Hero. Match wasn't quite as good as I would've hoped, but still solid. Great to see Hero back!

- Intermission had Smartmark Video, J.C. Bailey, Facade, The Osirian Portal, Frightmare, Sami Callihan, Thumbtack Jack and Mr. Darkstorm selling gimmicks. Lots of people buying stuff over at the tables.

- Omega/Kincaid was a decent match aside from one blown spot by Omega. Glad to see him back in IWA. I think a Kincaid/Murder Junkies vs. Omega/Nasty/Phillips match will happen at the next show.

- Thumbtack Jack/Sami Callihan was the best match on the show. With Jack mostly being known for death matches, his work in this match surprised me. Very strong style match with the crowd really behind Jack.

- J.C. Bailey/Pondo was decent. Bailey bled like a stuffed pig. Lots of cool spots in the match.

- Sullivan/Necro was exactly what would expect. It was a wild brawl that went all over the building. Crowd was surprisingly behind Necro.

- Next Date: Wednesday, May 12 in Nitro, WV. Roderick Strong vs. Chris Hero for the IWA:EC Heavyweight Title, The debut of Balls Mahoney and the return of the Irish Airborne.

Michael
Michael

March 18th, 2010, 10:42 pm #9

Wow just imagine if IWA Eastcoast would go in just one night with BTW H-town
I am not saying BTW is as good as IWA but with a legend fed owner/booker/trainer/wrestler fatzilla Freddie just being there would be indy wrestling heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 18th, 2010, 10:47 pm #10

Freddie can't match Pondo. Especially in the hot dog department.