Indy Super Show?

Indy Super Show?

March 4th, 2012, 11:43 pm #1

Anyone know anything about this Super Show on April 21st in Keyser, WV that a bunch of promotions are supposedly getting together and running? Saw something on FB, but didn't know any other info.

March 5th, 2012, 1:36 am #2

Dick Caricofe is putting it togather.

March 5th, 2012, 5:11 am #3

BATTLE OF THE INDIE FEDERATIONS

Sat, April 21, 2012 7:30 Keyser, WV National Guard Amory

The top Indie Federations on the East Coast will battle for the 2012 Top Indie of the year. UCW, ACW, MWF, SSW, NWL, CPW and more

March 5th, 2012, 9:37 pm #4

I do not know what those letters of the INDY feds stand for but I am guessing they all suck.

March 5th, 2012, 11:13 pm #5

If you have a show with the "best" indy feds in WV and it doesn't include IWA-EC, ASW and 304, then it isn't the best.

A worker who doesnt want to post his name.
A worker who doesnt want to post his name.

March 6th, 2012, 7:27 am #6

Keyser, WV is in the Eastern Panhandle, so I can forgive the lack of companies like 304. I should say that if this was a battle of Eastern WV feds, then Covey, IPE, PCW would also be appropriate. This would never happen though-- too much bullshit heat.

This show, in my opinion only showcases the diminishing influence of Dick Caricofe. At one time, his NWL in Hagerstown, MD was a highly respected facility-- Hell, it was a feeder to Wild Samoan. Samu was there on an almost monthly basis. Dave Batista even made a few pitstops there. Back in the day, shows in MD didn't happen without Dick's approval. He is after all, one of the few license holders. Don't get me wrong either, Dick can still summon up some names and put on a high dollar show if he wishes.

Nowadays, though, Dick gets in these little Facebook pissing contests with the likes of Cody Covey all over some flyering Covey did in Hagerstown, MD. Also, Dick's involvement with John Rambo is now tenuous at best. Dick is unhappy with John's lack of drive to put the House of Pain School back in a positive direction. To visit on a Tuesday night show is now really quite pathetic. That's a whole other matter.

Dick's involvement with John though, has alienated him from guys who trained at the House of Pain years ago. Some of the Eastern Panhandle's best people, will have nothing to do with anything Dick is doing because of the bridges John burned with his best students over the last several years. These guys largely have gone on to IPE and Elite Pro. This brings up a bigger question to me though...

Elite Pro runs Keyser, West Virginia and next week is having a show there with Luke Gallows, Sonjay Dutt, Tom Brandi and Robbie E. This isn't some Damien Lee bullshit either. So why then, is Dick stepping in to take this town-- or attempt to take it. Are all these people coming together for this show to try and force Elite out of Keyser, WV? If anyone knows why, I would like to know.

Same worker who wont post his name
Same worker who wont post his name

March 6th, 2012, 7:36 am #7

Here's my thing with Dick... Why bother running a show in a hick town like Keyser, WV? He has a MD license for God's sake. He can run shows in Frederick or Gaithersburg, cities of like 100,000 people where people also have alot more money to spend. He can draw in that coveted DC audience that nobody goes after. He could go after the Hispanic audience, which is also something people on this board never think about. Hispanic people tend to love wrestling and thats not just a stereotype. But no, run a show out in Keyser instead... Too many companies trying to fight over the same few hundred fans. Meanwhile, there is a whole huge ass audience there that we are neglecting to cater to. I like Dick Caricofe, but I just think he is making decisions of late that put him in a position to be ridiculed.

BTW FOR LIFE
BTW FOR LIFE

March 7th, 2012, 12:01 am #8

that's a big laugh,they draw 80 fans in a 2000 seat arena(lol)
THE TRUTH!

March 7th, 2012, 5:34 am #9

And BTW is a super indy? You guys fucking suck.

March 7th, 2012, 3:30 pm #10

BTW draws....SSI, unemployment, and SNAP.