I.W.A. Red White and Bruised July 1 at The Backstage in Chillicothe, OH!!

I.W.A. Red White and Bruised July 1 at The Backstage in Chillicothe, OH!!

I.W.A. Wrestling
I.W.A. Wrestling

June 27th, 2010, 1:31 pm #1

The Mighty IWA returns to The Backstage in Chillicothe, OH July 1st with our annual "Red White and Bruised" event! Every match will be contested inside a 16 ft high steel cage!!! Here's a look at the card....

War Games- Several personal issues will come to the head when 2 teams are formed and compete in a special War Games match. With all these grudges and a steel cage this one promises to be brutal.

Adrenaline-X vs The Redneck Thugz for the I.W.A Tag Team Championship- When The Judge and David Lanning were forced to relinquish the tag team titles, a tournament was started to crown new IWA Tag Team Champions. Adrenaline-X and The Redneck Thugz have been at each other's throats ever since A.X. made their return to the IWA late last year, and have been on a collision course ever since. The 2 teams will meet for the vacant tag team titles in the confines of a steel cage at Red White and Bruised.

Alley Cat (c) vs Nick Abbot vs American Kickboxer 2 vs Sid Angel in an escape match for the IWA Cruiserweight Title- The highly competitive cruiserweight division will be on display, when the IWA's top 4 cruiserweights compete in an escape match for the cruiserweight title. There will be no referee in the ring and the only way to win the match and capture the coveted Cruiserweight Title is by escaping the cage.

All of your favorite IWA superstars, plus much more July 1 at the Backstage in Chillicothe, OH!!!! See You There!

June 28th, 2010, 6:17 pm #2

Whats the chances of you guys actually bringing in your Heavyweight champ to finally defend the title this year?

June 28th, 2010, 8:25 pm #3

Yeah where is Onyx? He hasn't been there in a while but his MySpace says he is accepting bookings. If he left why not just put the title up in a tourny, battle royal or something like that. If he is coming back when will it be?

June 29th, 2010, 11:50 pm #4

Ive asked several times about it and they refuse to reply/acknowledge the post. Did Onyx quit and decide to not give them the belt?? This whol situation is just weird. I would love to know what happened that their heavyweight literally works at a promotion on the undercard about an hour away in Portsmouth for RCW. But, hasnt done a IWA show where he is the main guy for the past year.

June 30th, 2010, 1:44 am #5

Guy here has a point.

Ron Mathis
Ron Mathis

June 30th, 2010, 2:18 am #6

I don't know why Onyx doesn't come anymore, or the status on the belt. In the meantime the united states title has pretty much been used as the main belt in the heavyweight title's absence.

June 30th, 2010, 4:32 am #7

That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. It would be cool and what not if he was gone a few shows and it was covered by an angle. Something to keep the title and champ in the mind of people. Its going on what almost 6 monsts to full year since Ive seen anything that says Onyx, and IWA Heavyweight title defense. And the IWA does not run every month from what Ive noticed.

As much as Bull likes to say the IWA is still revelant and that he is still a major player after all these years, if you cant get your heavyweight champion to still work your shows while he has the belt or both refuse to acknowledge the existence of the other something is really, really screwy with that "promotion". Maybe he got tired of not getting paid by Bull when other promoters were willing to pay him??

June 30th, 2010, 7:30 am #8

then he should do the right thing and come back and drop the title, Onyx, must not respect wrestling and make his way back to do one show. Bull got him into wrestling and paid or not, like Bull or Hate bull he should have the respect to at least work one more show for Bull. I like Onyx but I'm really disopointed in his actions.

June 30th, 2010, 12:56 pm #9

Onyx is also a guy who thinks he is booked because of his talent and not his look. If you see him in the ring you know its a looked based booking not because he is something special in the ring.

Some of this stuff falls on Bull as well. Bull should have installed a sense of respect in the business before throwing his top strap on him. Or actually seen it coming. This is not the first time Onyx has won a title in a promotion and began no showing them. After knowing that, and you still continue to book him into a championship role you are allowing a possible situation to come about.

But, considering how long its been since his last IWA show if Bull at the very least does not actually have possession of the title (Which seems locically the only reason why the title hasnt been announced as vacated or at least given to someone else who is going to be there)then perhaphs there is some serious issues. But, the actual title should not be held hostage/leverage for either party to get their way.

June 30th, 2010, 4:48 pm #10

he waited a few years before he put the belt on him, I really don't think installing respect should fall on bulls shoulders, because I bet he did. But then Onyx, started to work other shows with a lot of guys that don't know the meaning of respect and are so egotistical and think they are bar noone the best, so I'm sure thats where Onyx got it from. I don't blame him, he just was shown some ways not to be and didn't realize they were wrong. It doesn't matter if your unhappy with the promoter, the promoter screws you over, or anything. Go back and drop the title!, even if you go there and loose in 10 secs. Hell as Much as Matt Taylor cried like a baby about dropping the title at least he still did it, and that deserves respect. Onyx, do the right thing at least show up one more time prove that you respect wrestling, and don't let those leeches get into your head.