CWE announces it's first matches for 1/24 show with PWO and Sports Time Ohio!

CWE announces it's first matches for 1/24 show with PWO and Sports Time Ohio!

Championship Wrestling Experience
Championship Wrestling Experience

January 11th, 2010, 4:01 pm #1

Championship Wrestling Experience is proud to present Three Years Later, on Sunday, January 24th, 2010 from The Eastwood Expo Center. The Eastwood Expo is located at 5555 Youngstown Warren Rd, Niles, Ohio 44446. The doors to the event open at 4:00pm and the event begins promptly at 5:00pm. This event is part of a show being taped for Sports Time Ohio, and will not just feature your favorite CWE stars, but also the stars of one of the fastest rising promotions in the country in Pro Wrestling Ohio! Now onto CWE's portion of the event:

CWE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION MICHAEL FACADE DEFENDS AGAINST FORMER CHAMPION SHIIMA XION, THE RETURNING JIGSAW AND THE DEBUTING HALLOWICKED!
Michael Facade accomplished a career long quest to become CWE Undisputed Champion when he defeated Patrick Hayes in October. Facade is one of the few men who has been with the CWE since the very beginning, a point in his career where the amount of matches he had wrestled was in the single digits. Flash forward three years, and Facade has pushed ahead in becoming one of the most sought after young stars in the area, and has held titles in various promotions on the East Coast. The first to step forth to challenge Facade for his title is none other than Shiima Xion, a former CWE Undisputed Champion who never got his chance to a rematch for said title, due to focusing on his quest for tag team gold along with partner Johnny Gargano. Shiima as well has become well traveled, doing time both in Japan and Mexico, as well as going all over the US in his quest for greatness. The match was signed, and then two more men stepped forward, and CWE management had no choice but to add them to the match. The first is the returning Jigsaw, who is no stranger to the CWE, or Xion, having squared off with him twice in CWE. The second is the debuting Hallowicked, who also has made a name for himself traveling the country over. This match will surely be something to remember, with action to be unlikely to be contained in the ring. Expect a lot of air time and innovative moves in this match!

RAYMOND ROWE SQUARES OFF WITH GRAN AKUMA IN A HARD HITTING AFAIR!
Raymond Rowe has been making his way through the toughest men in the CWE, and in the wrestling industry, and January 24th will be no different. Rowe, who has the reputation of being the toughest man in Youngstown, has gone toe to toe with men of the tough reputation like that of the Necro Butcher, and not only put on a strong showing, but also walked away with his hand raised in victory. 2010 could be the year that Rowe finally makes his run for the CWE Undisputed Title, but a big challenge stands in his way before he can even make his intentions known. Gran Akuma, who appeared in the CWE in 2007 in a losing effort to Johnny Gargano, will represent Rowe's stumbling block. Akuma, who has torn a hole through much of the East Coast competition he has faced will try to do the same thing when he steps into the ring with Rowe on January 24th. This match will surely be one of the hardest hitting matches of the year, and will have major implications as far as how the title picture in the CWE will play out for the year.

RYAN BURKE FACES OFF WITH KEVIN BRADWAY!
Ryan Burke had a banner year in 2009. After making his return to the CWE at Two Years Later last year, Burke went on a streak, picking up wins over the likes of Raymond Rowe and Colin Delaney. Bradway, in some capacities, also had a noteworthy year in 2009. His was mostly for showing why someone should not mess with Rowe. Either way, if one thing was completed by both men, it was showing the CWE fans that they belonged in the CWE ring. These two met once before in 2007, and Burke came out on the winning side then, but over two years later, will he still have the edge on Bradway, or has the craftiness of Bradway become too much for Burke to overcome?

ALSO APPEARING: LINCE DORADO, AEROFORM, RYAN MITCHELL AND MORE!

Pro Wrestling Ohio will also be on hand to provide the fans in attendance with even more action! Already signed to appear: PWO Champion Johnny Gargano, PWO Tag Team Champions Bobby Beverly, True Talent Bobby Shields, Late Night Nickie Valentino & Dawn Decadence of Sex Appeal, M-Dogg 20 Matt Cross, Greatest Thing Going Today Mike Tolar, PWOs Most Dominant Man Jason Bane, PWO Television Champion Omega Aaron Draven, Handicapped Hero Gregory Iron, Dumpster Dweller Hobo Joe, and many others!

Its the best of PWO, CWE, and CHIKARA, all packed into one live event for one low ticket price! Tickets are only $15 front row $10 General Admission and are available locally at Havana House, located at 5801 Youngstown Warren Rd, Niles, OH 44446.

January 11th, 2010, 6:12 pm #2

holy shit, Rowe vs. Akuma should be fucking AMAZING!!! Cant wait to see what the PWO matches are!!!

January 11th, 2010, 8:48 pm #3

No one in the heavyweight title match is over 150lbs

January 11th, 2010, 8:50 pm #4

holy shit, Rowe vs. Akuma should be fucking AMAZING!!! Cant wait to see what the PWO matches are!!!
i hear the pwo matches are ben fruith vs. mark mackeye and joe dombrowski vs. aaron mcgwire in a big glove boxing match. pwo! pwo! pwo!

Tim
Tim

January 11th, 2010, 9:10 pm #5

Posted Jan 11, 2010 3:48 PM

I though Shiima was in the 170-175 range. You maybe right but speaking for myself; I'm still looking forward to the match. Although personally I wish it was Shiima vs. Facade vs. only one of the Chikara talents.

Is anyone surprised that Sexual Harassment isn't listed now when they were on the flyer? I was looking forward to them vs. Areoform. Though, after reading Eric's comments last month about being busy enough with just taking one booking a month, I'm not surprised they aren't on the show now. Also, if you remember Mike Toxic from that Legends show that never happened in '08 or'09, he posted an email with Eric saying how much they want paid(I'm not going to repeat that here, you can find it yourselves if you want) and I wondered if anyone was willing to pay their fee for this show considering how many talents are booked on the show and if you remember an artical from Cleveland Scene about Wrestlelution a while back most PWO guys don't even get half of what Eric & Justin want.

Who do you guys want Areoform to work with now? I think them vs. Blaze & Valentino would be fun. I think it would be cool if Frightmare was pulled from the four way and paired with Lince.

Tim
Tim

January 11th, 2010, 9:15 pm #6

i hear the pwo matches are ben fruith vs. mark mackeye and joe dombrowski vs. aaron mcgwire in a big glove boxing match. pwo! pwo! pwo!
The flyer on Bane's myspace says:
Gargano vs. Bobby Beverly for the PWO tittle

Jimmy Demarco vs. M-dogg

& Who will collect the $10,000 bounty on Jason Bane
I saw that over a week ago who who knows if thats still accurate.

January 11th, 2010, 9:17 pm #7

Posted Jan 11, 2010 3:48 PM

I though Shiima was in the 170-175 range. You maybe right but speaking for myself; I'm still looking forward to the match. Although personally I wish it was Shiima vs. Facade vs. only one of the Chikara talents.

Is anyone surprised that Sexual Harassment isn't listed now when they were on the flyer? I was looking forward to them vs. Areoform. Though, after reading Eric's comments last month about being busy enough with just taking one booking a month, I'm not surprised they aren't on the show now. Also, if you remember Mike Toxic from that Legends show that never happened in '08 or'09, he posted an email with Eric saying how much they want paid(I'm not going to repeat that here, you can find it yourselves if you want) and I wondered if anyone was willing to pay their fee for this show considering how many talents are booked on the show and if you remember an artical from Cleveland Scene about Wrestlelution a while back most PWO guys don't even get half of what Eric & Justin want.

Who do you guys want Areoform to work with now? I think them vs. Blaze & Valentino would be fun. I think it would be cool if Frightmare was pulled from the four way and paired with Lince.
None of that about Sexual Harassment is accurate as to why they can't make the show. Justin is actually the one who can not make the show because he has prior engagments that day. I believe Eric was still available.
I would like to see Aeroform Wrestle the Franchise Players. I think that would be a very good match.

Tim
Tim

January 11th, 2010, 9:50 pm #8

Come on that would be AWESOME!!!

. (no login)
Posted Jan 11, 2010 4:17 PM

"None of that about Sexual Harassment is accurate as to why they can't make the show. Justin is actually the one who can not make the show because he has prior engagments that day. I believe Eric was still available."

Good to know, Still I wondered about that match as soon as I read about it. While FP vs. SH could be really cool, I'd rather see Beverly vs. Gargano for the PWO tittle. Also I would imagen that Kronica will be pretty busy with the PWO taping.

January 11th, 2010, 10:10 pm #9

Championship Wrestling Experience is proud to present Three Years Later, on Sunday, January 24th, 2010 from The Eastwood Expo Center. The Eastwood Expo is located at 5555 Youngstown Warren Rd, Niles, Ohio 44446. The doors to the event open at 4:00pm and the event begins promptly at 5:00pm. This event is part of a show being taped for Sports Time Ohio, and will not just feature your favorite CWE stars, but also the stars of one of the fastest rising promotions in the country in Pro Wrestling Ohio! Now onto CWE's portion of the event:

CWE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION MICHAEL FACADE DEFENDS AGAINST FORMER CHAMPION SHIIMA XION, THE RETURNING JIGSAW AND THE DEBUTING HALLOWICKED!
Michael Facade accomplished a career long quest to become CWE Undisputed Champion when he defeated Patrick Hayes in October. Facade is one of the few men who has been with the CWE since the very beginning, a point in his career where the amount of matches he had wrestled was in the single digits. Flash forward three years, and Facade has pushed ahead in becoming one of the most sought after young stars in the area, and has held titles in various promotions on the East Coast. The first to step forth to challenge Facade for his title is none other than Shiima Xion, a former CWE Undisputed Champion who never got his chance to a rematch for said title, due to focusing on his quest for tag team gold along with partner Johnny Gargano. Shiima as well has become well traveled, doing time both in Japan and Mexico, as well as going all over the US in his quest for greatness. The match was signed, and then two more men stepped forward, and CWE management had no choice but to add them to the match. The first is the returning Jigsaw, who is no stranger to the CWE, or Xion, having squared off with him twice in CWE. The second is the debuting Hallowicked, who also has made a name for himself traveling the country over. This match will surely be something to remember, with action to be unlikely to be contained in the ring. Expect a lot of air time and innovative moves in this match!

RAYMOND ROWE SQUARES OFF WITH GRAN AKUMA IN A HARD HITTING AFAIR!
Raymond Rowe has been making his way through the toughest men in the CWE, and in the wrestling industry, and January 24th will be no different. Rowe, who has the reputation of being the toughest man in Youngstown, has gone toe to toe with men of the tough reputation like that of the Necro Butcher, and not only put on a strong showing, but also walked away with his hand raised in victory. 2010 could be the year that Rowe finally makes his run for the CWE Undisputed Title, but a big challenge stands in his way before he can even make his intentions known. Gran Akuma, who appeared in the CWE in 2007 in a losing effort to Johnny Gargano, will represent Rowe's stumbling block. Akuma, who has torn a hole through much of the East Coast competition he has faced will try to do the same thing when he steps into the ring with Rowe on January 24th. This match will surely be one of the hardest hitting matches of the year, and will have major implications as far as how the title picture in the CWE will play out for the year.

RYAN BURKE FACES OFF WITH KEVIN BRADWAY!
Ryan Burke had a banner year in 2009. After making his return to the CWE at Two Years Later last year, Burke went on a streak, picking up wins over the likes of Raymond Rowe and Colin Delaney. Bradway, in some capacities, also had a noteworthy year in 2009. His was mostly for showing why someone should not mess with Rowe. Either way, if one thing was completed by both men, it was showing the CWE fans that they belonged in the CWE ring. These two met once before in 2007, and Burke came out on the winning side then, but over two years later, will he still have the edge on Bradway, or has the craftiness of Bradway become too much for Burke to overcome?

ALSO APPEARING: LINCE DORADO, AEROFORM, RYAN MITCHELL AND MORE!

Pro Wrestling Ohio will also be on hand to provide the fans in attendance with even more action! Already signed to appear: PWO Champion Johnny Gargano, PWO Tag Team Champions Bobby Beverly, True Talent Bobby Shields, Late Night Nickie Valentino & Dawn Decadence of Sex Appeal, M-Dogg 20 Matt Cross, Greatest Thing Going Today Mike Tolar, PWOs Most Dominant Man Jason Bane, PWO Television Champion Omega Aaron Draven, Handicapped Hero Gregory Iron, Dumpster Dweller Hobo Joe, and many others!

Its the best of PWO, CWE, and CHIKARA, all packed into one live event for one low ticket price! Tickets are only $15 front row $10 General Admission and are available locally at Havana House, located at 5801 Youngstown Warren Rd, Niles, OH 44446.
I hope CWE knows that Wally won't put any of there matches on TV...MARKS!!! lol

January 11th, 2010, 10:28 pm #10

xion is easily over 150 lbs these days. id say closer to 200.