Convicted Felon Wally still runs Prime/PWO

Convicted Felon Wally still runs Prime/PWO

July 9th, 2012, 11:15 pm #1

a picture speaks 1000 words

July 10th, 2012, 12:16 am #2

Exactly!!!! What a piece of shit. All that bullshit story of the name change & telling the talent he was no longer in the picture. Wonder if a felon can be involved once the OAC and other state offices find out. The Cleveland Police Athletic League attaching themselves to PWO is very eye opening. News media will have a hey day with this if exposed. Vic needs to stay way from them also as he is a great guy

evilworm
evilworm

July 11th, 2012, 12:23 pm #3

a picture speaks 1000 words

Thanks to the person who posted the photo...

Prime Wrestling troubled

Jul 11, 2012 - by Dr. Jerry Wiseman

Prime Wrestling, based out of Cleveland, OH is a promotion in trouble. The former Pro Wrestling Ohio has seen attendance drop for their live shows, ratings for their TV show on Sports Time Ohio fall and a number of their leave or are considering leaving.

Pro Wrestling Ohio was the brainchild of Walt Klasinski a truck driver by trade who helped build the promotion as a showcase for his step-son Johnny Gargano. The company would be rocked when Klasinski was arrested and charged with three counts of attempted rape, two counts of attempted sexual battery, three counts of rape, two counts of sexual battery and aggravated assault against a woman. Klasinski would plead out to lesser charges (reports were there was a reluctant witness) and serve six months in jail.

The company lost sponsorships, had trouble finding a venue to run in and saw their TV deal in jeopardy after the scandal became public. Then booker Joe Dombrowski stepped in and allegedly took control of the company changing the name to Prime Wrestling and assuring the boys, sponsors and anyone who would listen that Klasinski was no longer with the company. There were questions raised about money that was given to Klasinski, some $10,000, by a sponsor that was supposed to go to the Cleveland Police Athletic League. Publicly all those involved refused comment but privately there was an investigation into the missing funds.

Many wondered if Dombrowski was an affront for Klasinski, keeping things going until Klasinski was released from jail. Klasinski has been seen at recent live shows and looking very much a part of the promotion again much to the chagrin of many. While his role is undefined (recent shows have been held at Garganos Resturant and Catering) there is talk that Klasinski will be very much involved in the upcoming iPPV, Wreslelution 5, to be held at Jacobs Pavilion.

The group and Dombrowski have been dogged by a number of people contacting sponsors and venues in hopes of getting those people not to do business with Prime Wrestling. Some have went so far as to create fake email accounts under the name of Jerry Wiseman, the journalist who broke the original story, in order to contact sponsors and venues.

Suffice it to say Klasinski being associated with Prime Wrestling is a black eye for the group and by remaining quiet (Dombrowski was contacted for comment) about his true involvement they will be subject to further scrutiny. With declining attendance, edgy sponsors and falling ratings Klasinski even being seen at a Prime Wrestling show is bad for business and if Klasinski is indeed involved behind the scenes it could very well be the end.

Follow me on Twitter @jlwiseman13

Shame says:
July 11, 2012 at 12:43 pm

What a waste of an incredible opportunity. This idiot Wally has the backyard GMo mindset, come the hell on, running a national TV taping outdoors at Garganos? The home of CWA public access crapfest television. Wally has no appreciation for good wrestling, he was raised on ghetto wrestling, and its all he knows. All these years of TV, and the company os worse than when it started. Give me STO, and I guarantee you I change the indy wrestling game in Ohio, and Ill put my own money where my mouth is, Im working on it already

Motorhead says:
July 11, 2012 at 1:15 pm
the legal troubles are one thing. If he served his time he served his time. Lets not forget vince was accused multiple times of rape in the 80s and early 90s. The real trouble is the $10,000. If they did take from a charity, one they run a benefit show for at least once a year, then something needs to be done. Pwo was GREAT. When wwe and tna were in the toilet pwo was great fun for a wrestling fan. Now? Well, i still like the gimmicks but the angles are awful. The tapings are embarrassing. Twenty people for m-dogg, gargano, and jacobs? Not to mention krimson, fontaine, and bane. Its sad. I dont to say it or see it, but shut it down already. So long as they have a replacement ready to go. Rip pwo.

Dr. Jerry Wiseman says:
July 11, 2012 at 1:23 pm
PWO had its moment and accomplished what it was essentially founded for, to get Johnny Gargano to the next level. Prime Wrestling I believe was just a front until Walt was released from prison and there is more shady dealings with he and this group. Walt has a criminal history that goes beyond the latest charges. There are a number of groups who covet the STO spot if the stating does not sour on wrestling because of PWO/Prime

Motorhead says:
July 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm
i fail to see pwo as a gargano launching pad. Even knowing what i know now about the formation of the promotion doesnt change my mind. Gargano has been largely absent, wrestling for numerous other promotions while krimson, fontaine, and bane carried pwo. If was made for gargano it failed. I cant stand gargano. Cant cut a promo, cant work a solid match from wire to wire, and doesnt have a character worth buying into. Just sayin. Again, criminal record or not walt deserves to make a living like the rest of us. Going limbaugh on him to force him out is wrong. Let the free market determine his fate based on the product. Period.

Motorhead says:
July 11, 2012 at 2:25 pm
as far as the name change, so what? If coco puffs got hundreds of thousands of kids sick theyd change the name to yummy puffs if it meant distancing itself from the scandal. Pwo was a four-letter word after the charges went public. If they wanted to continue to run a wrestling promotion they needed to change the name. Nothing crooked there. Vince, again, was preparing to run the wwf from behind bars had vince gone to the hoose-gow for steroids. Lets just let the free market determine the fate of prime.

fairfax says:
July 11, 2012 at 4:16 pm
Not any real news here. This has all been posted and reposted and copied and pasted and posted again.
I really dont believe that STO will continue to carry wrestling if the decision is made to drop PRIME. They can claim all day that they run national tv tapings but their shows are nothing more than your run of the mill Indy wrestling. Scumbags running wrestling promotions are really nothing new either. It is what it is. Id rather see guys like Mason and Boone and Cross get the chance to work on a semi national level than see the company shut down by WAR marks who want to sit high upon their moral pedestals and ruin those workers chances by dragging the company through the dirt with Wallys background.

The guy did his time. Its public record. It sponsors or the p.a.l. continue to do business with them despite the crimes he committed then so be it.

I think they need fi seriously step up their production values but then again so does WAR if they plan on running ippvs. There are simple cost effective strategies that could be put into place to make the show look alot better on tv but it doesnt appear to be something that theyre interested in doing and if people are going to continue to watch anyhow then whats the use anyway.
I have however heard rumor that should PRIME fold that Ian ROTTEN will be bringing his IWA MID SOUTH to Cleveland to take over the timeslot. Haha just my thoughts, fairfax.

Dr. Jerry Wiseman says:
July 11, 2012 at 4:47 pm
I do not think Prime/PWO will be shut down by WAR and as far as I know WAR has no plans on running the already saturated Cleveland area. Prime/PWO will shut down because they cannot continue to carry on with the low attendance and poor ratings. STO had a good thing with PWO but after the scandal it will be difficult for another company to come on-board and pull decent ratings.
WAR is looking at iPPV since it would be more cost effective to run an iPPV than trying to garner the money to produce and buy TV time. WAR would gain more revenue from iPPV than local TV and their ROIC would be greater as well. I agree that WAR will have to step up a bit to make it on iPPV since that is becoming a crowded market as well but they do have some principle workers that can carry them at least at first.
I will not even dignify the Ian Rotten comment other than to say he would have to borrow gas money to even make the drive to Cleveland.

Last edited by indymessageboard on July 12th, 2012, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 11th, 2012, 2:14 pm #4

Dombrowski is in on this and IWC should get rid of the lying piece of shit. He needs to be punched

July 12th, 2012, 12:48 am #5

I never liked him either.. He is a complete assclown... FUCK JOE D..

July 12th, 2012, 1:49 am #6

Dombrowski is in on this and IWC should get rid of the lying piece of shit. He needs to be punched
he's booking for a company that clearly has some major things wrong with it so why would iwc even wanted to be associated with him?

July 12th, 2012, 3:06 am #7

Probly whether people like it or not, Joe Dombrowski is one of, if not the top play by play man in the area. His knowledge of the history of the sport and his familiarity with the IWC workers and storylines and other promotions he works are second to none. Say what you want, but Joe D knows his shit and really is not that bad a guy as he may come across to some. I talk to him every IWC show and he has never been a dick to me, but I can see how some may think differently. He is always respectful to me and I would hire him for play by play or voice over talent. He is well travelled and very good at what he does. Point blank.

July 12th, 2012, 4:30 am #8

Play by play is one thing but as far as pwo he is the booker and the guy going around telling EVERYONE that Wally was not around which is a complete lie. Wally is a convict felon and should be no where near a wrestling show. So if Joe is with pwo then he is as guilty as anyone else along with the talent, sponsors, staff. Just another reason why the OAC needs to crack down and get other state offices involved.

July 12th, 2012, 7:27 pm #9

What has been the live attendance does you know on the recent tapings this year? Will wrestlution happen? and do you have any quotes from people at sto,sponsors,venue's or is this all speculation? How can a convict rent a large outdoor arena?

EvilWorm
EvilWorm

July 13th, 2012, 11:43 am #10

The show is still scheduled and is supposed to be on iPPV and a felon can rent a building if he has a front man doing all his official business who is Joe Dombrowsi