APWA Just confirmed for Wrestle Cade dec Billy Gunn and "The Franchise" Shane Douglas

APWA Just confirmed for Wrestle Cade dec Billy Gunn and "The Franchise" Shane Douglas

APWA
APWA

December 2nd, 2011, 3:34 am #1

FROM PARKERSBURG, WV 6:30 dec 3

Ok folks, here is the announcement, just added to Wrestle Cade is Billy Gunn (Kip James)!!!!!! Come on out and see the former WWE and TNA wreslter "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn as he invades WVU-P

along with The Necro Butcher from the movie "The Wrestler"

ECW Originals, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas and Christian York

Impact Wrestling star, Jesse Sorensen

NWA National Heavyweight Champion, Chance Prophet

Former 3 time NWA World Tag Team Champion, Chase Stevens

APWA World Heavyweight Champion "The Black Superman" ONYX

APWA Hardcore Cup of the World Holder, Viper, and many other APWA wrestling superstars!!!!

Last edited by indymessageboard on December 2nd, 2011, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 2nd, 2011, 6:42 am #2

This has zero to do with APWA or this card. But does it bug anybody else advertising "ECW Originals" when "ECW Originals" was a WWE gimmick for their badly redone ECW on ScyFy? Christian York nor Douglas were "ECW Originals" in the sense of what that means but both were "Former ECW Stars". I see that "ECW Original" thing everywhere and in my humble opinion I think it should only be used if at all for the about 10 guys WWE hired for the ECW run but really I think it sounds bad even then. Sorry for this not pertaining to APWA the line up looks good.

December 2nd, 2011, 2:13 pm #3

I think for some reason promoters feel like that's gonna draw. Like that 30-35yo in town's gonna see the flyer and go "jesus! ECW? Man, I gotta go!" Yes, it can be draw but only by nostalgia power and even then its nothing really special...just an effort to say here we have a dude from ECW. ECW is put on the pedestal too dang much specially since it died over 10 years ago now.

Unless the show is themed to be a legends event or some hardcore showcase/tournament/etc, then is it really worth the extra letters and ink to put ECW Original on the flyer?

Nope.

I also agree that for some of these names "Former ECW Star" is much better. Christian York is an ECW Original? Sure, for the hiccup he was there in 2000.... Like is Rey Mysterio an ECW Original? Oh! Oh, he worked there first, so yeah! Nnnnnno, he had a few good matches there and then became a star in WCW/WWE..but he is indeed a "former ECW star" if that's what he muuust be billed as. Drop the past people, ECW is long gone.

Real talk, nothing against Chaz & co either. Just something I had to get off my chest.

December 3rd, 2011, 2:28 am #4

`````````````i completely disagree with both of you.

But does it bug anybody else advertising "ECW Originals" when "ECW Originals" was a WWE gimmick for their badly redone ECW on ScyFy? Christian York nor Douglas were "ECW Originals" in the sense of what that means but both were "Former ECW Stars". I see that "ECW Original" thing everywhere and in my humble opinion I think it should only be used if at all for the about 10 guys WWE hired for the ECW run but really I think it sounds bad even then.

``````````````when somebody says ecw, people dont think about the horrible wwecw show that the wwe put on. i watched a total 1 episodes and went to one house show, and that was enough for me to realize this isnt any version of ecw in any way. for people to even know or remember that the wwe used a faction called the ecw originals i think is a stretch. and even if they do i dont think anybody is confusing the two. when using the term ecw originals, its to do the exact opposite of what your saying, meaning its to make it clear that the guys are from the real ecw, the original ecw and not the bullshit show the wwe put on. so in this case i think this is exactly how it should be worded.

I think for some reason promoters feel like that's gonna draw. Like that 30-35yo in town's gonna see the flyer and go "jesus! ECW? Man, I gotta go!" Yes, it can be draw but only by nostalgia power and even then its nothing really special...just an effort to say here we have a dude from ECW. ECW is put on the pedestal too dang much specially since it died over 10 years ago now.

````````i disagree. ecw died due to poor financial stuff by heyman, not because fans didnt want to see it. is an ecw a draw? yeah! why wouldnt they be? thats like vince saying that the ecw fans didnt exist anymore so we need to just use the name and put on this shitty show instead.

Unless the show is themed to be a legends event or some hardcore showcase/tournament/etc, then is it really worth the extra letters and ink to put ECW Original on the flyer? Nope.

```````absolutely!!! for one it does not take up too much room to say
ECW Original. so to not do it would be dumb. ecw was a one of a kind fed that changed wrestling so ,much in its short time. its absolutley about the nostalgia. you cant see ecw anymore, but you can see some guys from it. thats much better than nothing. especially if those guys can still go. york is not old. shane have heard is doing doing pretty good. so how can that not be a draw?

I also agree that for some of these names "Former ECW Star" is much better. Christian York is an ECW Original? Sure, for the hiccup he was there in 2000.... Like is Rey Mysterio an ECW Original? Oh! Oh, he worked there first, so yeah! Nnnnnno, he had a few good matches there and then became a star in WCW/WWE..but he is indeed a "former ECW star" if that's what he muuust be billed as.

`````````````i think rey is a bad example. he wnet on to much biogger thngs and became a huge star in wcw. if he would have stayed in ecw would he have become huge? i think so. but to metion his time in ecw over wcw wwf/e wouldnt make a lot of sense. with shane and york its the opposite. while shane wa severywhere from the uwf, wwf, nwa, wcw and then ecw, his biggest fame would easily be in ecw. the same with york. so why wouldnt you mention them as ecw orignals?

Drop the past people, ECW is long gone.

`````````unfortuneately it is, but why drop the past when its better than the present? its no coincidence that the wwe is putting out dvds of past and current wrestlers like crazy. the simple reason is that the past sells better than their current stuff. do you think there going to show all new stuff on their new tv channell? no way. the we 24/7 channell shows mostly past stuff just for this very reason. people want to be able to go and watch the stuff they did when you could turn on any of the big 3 and it was good no matter what show it was. when the past is what you have going for you, use it to your best advantage.

http://indywrestling.net

If you are a fan, wrestler or Indy Fed that wants to be linked on facebook, just go to the facebook link and click add.

http://facebook.indywrestling.net

If you are a wrestler or Indy Fed that wants to be linkled on myspace or Indywrestling.net just contact me, or go to the myspace link and click add to friends.

http://myspace.indywrestling.net

http://women.indywrestling.net

http://nudewomenofwrestling.indywrestling.net

"Some people say what I do is not wrestling. If it isn't, then what I do is better than wrestling." - Necro Butcher

Some people are like Slinkies........They serve no apparent purpose in life other than to occasionally bring joy to ones heart when they are pushed down a flight of stairs.

Carl
Carl

December 3rd, 2011, 2:35 pm #5

I disagree on some of your statements. For one, shane douglas means nothing. ECW didnt change WRESTLING, it killed it. When they started doing that, then vince did it to, but they both did it to much. in the early 2000's, some people that was the hottest era in wrestling, because it was something you didnt see all the time, people jumping of buildings, getting hit by cars, anything you can think of, but they did all of it in 4-5 years. so now were do you go with it?? nowhere, because its all been done, now the only thing to top what they did was kill someone, which they tried. but now i would say wrewstling is at a all time low, why?? because that killed wrestling. I can watch a ecw dvd once in a while, but i can watch WRESTLING everyday, simply because its WRESTLING, with a few crazy things happening here and there. ECW was lets have a death match every match on the card, then halfway through it let 4 guys interfere, then have a crazy finish. its like a carnival, you have it once a year, you can put up with it, but have it everyday, your sick of the rollercoasters, because now your used to them and they dont mean anything to you. Same with hardcore, why did ECW only last 5 years, becaus of money problems like you said, but why did they have the money problems?? because everyone was sick and tired of watching it. I know someone will post about all the huge crowds they drew, well how hard is it to draw 2000 people in a bingo hall in philly, when 20 million people live there?? not very hard, and philly is a tough crowd anyway, thats the only reason it lasted 5 years, if they would have ran any town in west virginia they would have been shut down, because that wasnt Wrestling, it was a bunch of beach bums, pill heads, and lousy workers for the most part, doing something that takes no talent.

Marshall Logan
Marshall Logan

December 3rd, 2011, 6:04 pm #6

AMEN BROTHER!

December 3rd, 2011, 10:27 pm #7

I disagree on some of your statements. For one, shane douglas means nothing. ECW didnt change WRESTLING, it killed it. When they started doing that, then vince did it to, but they both did it to much. in the early 2000's, some people that was the hottest era in wrestling, because it was something you didnt see all the time, people jumping of buildings, getting hit by cars, anything you can think of, but they did all of it in 4-5 years. so now were do you go with it?? nowhere, because its all been done, now the only thing to top what they did was kill someone, which they tried. but now i would say wrewstling is at a all time low, why?? because that killed wrestling. I can watch a ecw dvd once in a while, but i can watch WRESTLING everyday, simply because its WRESTLING, with a few crazy things happening here and there. ECW was lets have a death match every match on the card, then halfway through it let 4 guys interfere, then have a crazy finish. its like a carnival, you have it once a year, you can put up with it, but have it everyday, your sick of the rollercoasters, because now your used to them and they dont mean anything to you. Same with hardcore, why did ECW only last 5 years, becaus of money problems like you said, but why did they have the money problems?? because everyone was sick and tired of watching it. I know someone will post about all the huge crowds they drew, well how hard is it to draw 2000 people in a bingo hall in philly, when 20 million people live there?? not very hard, and philly is a tough crowd anyway, thats the only reason it lasted 5 years, if they would have ran any town in west virginia they would have been shut down, because that wasnt Wrestling, it was a bunch of beach bums, pill heads, and lousy workers for the most part, doing something that takes no talent.
``````````now obviously i disagree with pretty much everything you said. heres why. everything you said is an opinion, except for one fact, and that fact was simply not true.

I disagree on some of your statements. For one, shane douglas means nothing. ECW didnt change WRESTLING, it killed it. When they started doing that, then vince did it to, but they both did it to much.

```````````````shane may mean nothing to you, but i disagree. ecw didnt kill wrestling at all. vince killed wrestling when he bought out the competition, and then let his ego over ride what used to be a great mind. when he had no competition he stopped caring about what he put out because he no longer had to beat anyone. there is only one of those 3 feds left and the wwe ratings are less than half of what they used to be when all 3 existed. plus ecw was made to be different. that was the motto. they didnt expect the other 2 feds to try and copy them. but they did because they wanted to do what wa sgetting ecw so over with the fans.

in the early 2000's, some people that was the hottest era in wrestling,

`````````they do? dont you mean the late 90s? by 2000 wcw was shit and ecw ran out of money and stopped being able to pay people and lost so much talent.

because it was something you didnt see all the time, people jumping of buildings, getting hit by cars, anything you can think of, but they did all of it in 4-5 years.

````````ecw started in 92. they werent totaly extreme at first, but by myabe 94 or so they were getting there.

so now were do you go with it?? nowhere, because its all been done, now the only thing to top what they did was kill someone, which they tried. but now i would say wrewstling is at a all time low, why?? because that killed wrestling. I can watch a ecw dvd once in a while, but i can watch WRESTLING everyday, simply because its WRESTLING, with a few crazy things happening here and there.

`````they tried to kill someone? i must of missed that show, how about explain that one. i have read its all been done where do you go now so many times by people that dont like hardcore, but when i post this response i have never recieved an answer. so what you saying is that no matter what, you always have to do more. if that was true, then wouldnt that apply to a straight up wrestling match as well? by your logic it would have to. so every match that you see today has already been done thosands of times. so if you have to always do more with hardcore why wouldnt you have to do more with regular wrestling? if you always had to do more, then you would have to. so regular wrestling is what killed wrestling then. its been so overdone that people just dont care anymore. see i dont believe that either. see you can watch an ecw day once in a while. that maybe true with you, but to a dedicated ecw fan its not. i can watch a 2 day death match tournamnet straight through while only skipping the non death matches. i could never do that with non death matches. i just get tired of it very quickly. but i never get tired of the death matches, and they dont need to top themsleves in every match, because they do different stuff. its all an opinion of what you like and dont like.

ECW was lets have a death match every match on the card, then halfway through it let 4 guys interfere, then have a crazy finish. its like a carnival, you have it once a year, you can put up with it, but have it everyday, your sick of the rollercoasters, because now your used to them and they dont mean anything to you. Same with hardcore,

`````````ecw didnt do death matches, but this is your opinion on it, just dont claim it to be everybody else because its not.

why did ECW only last 5 years, becaus of money problems like you said, but why did they have the money problems?? because everyone was sick and tired of watching it.

````````this is the only fact that you posted and it is 100% incorrect. nobody was sick of it. the reason ecw died is because heyman was a control freak workaholic that insisted on doing evereything himself. no matter who you are that will burn you out. he did stupid shit like buying many new sets of belts, and paying shiloads of cash to make the ecw album, which nobody even used the covers of the songs as their music. ecw went on for laong time with the wrestlers working for free just to please the fans. nobody was sick and tired of it at all.
to add to that point shane ran the hardcore homecoming ecw reunion show in 2005. they spent no money even advertsing it because as soon as it hit the internet it sold out so fast that they ended having the biggest crowd that the ecw area has ever seen, because for the first time they opened up seating on the balconies and in the eagles nest that was never done before. the greatest fact about this show was the cheap seats were $99 . it was easily the greatest wrestling show i ever attended.

I know someone will post about all the huge crowds they drew, well how hard is it to draw 2000 people in a bingo hall in philly, when 20 million people live there?? not very hard,

````````well if your admitting they aways sold out the area, then how did they go outta business because people got tired of it? that just never happened.

and philly is a tough crowd anyway, thats the only reason it lasted 5 years,

````philly is the toughest crowd, correct. ecw last 9+ years.

if they would have ran any town in west virginia they would have been shut down, because that wasnt Wrestling, it was a bunch of beach bums, pill heads, and lousy workers for the most part, doing something that takes no talent.

```````there are many forms of wrestling. hardcore is just another type. this last statement pretty much killed any credibility that you had with me, because i think anybody is entitled to an opinion. but when you have to play the oh this isnt wrestling card, that just shows that you cant make a real opinion on the subject. and so you know wv has a death match tournament almost every year that does very well. so i also disagree with that.

If you are a fan, wrestler or Indy Fed that wants to be linked on facebook, just go to the facebook link and click add.

If you are a wrestler or Indy Fed that wants to be linkled on myspace or Indywrestling.net just contact me, or go to the myspace link and click add to friends.

"Some people say what I do is not wrestling. If it isn't, then what I do is better than wrestling." - Necro Butcher

Some people are like Slinkies........They serve no apparent purpose in life other than to occasionally bring joy to ones heart when they are pushed down a flight of stairs.

Carl
Carl

December 4th, 2011, 12:16 am #8

............shane may mean nothing to you, but i disagree. ecw didnt kill wrestling at all. vince killed wrestling when he bought out the competition, and then let his ego over ride what used to be a great mind. when he had no competition he stopped caring about what he put out because he no longer had to beat anyone. there is only one of those 3 feds left and the wwe ratings are less than half of what they used to be when all 3 existed. plus ecw was made to be different. that was the motto. they didnt expect the other 2 feds to try and copy them. But they did because they wanted to do what was getting ecw so over with the fans.

Shane means nothing to anyone, if he meant something, Vince would bring him back, because let HHH bring Nash back. ECW might have been different, but that doesnt mean it was good for business. Watching 2 people beat the hell out of each other with objects will always be entertaining to 200 drunken people from Philly. If its so over how come Vince still doesnt do it. It killed Japanese wrestling, after the 90s Japanese wrestling has been downhill ever since. And yes my date on the Attitude Era was a little off, but you said ecw couldnt afford to pay people?? But you also said they worked for free, so how could that be?

`````they tried to kill someone? i must of missed that show, how about explain that one. i have read its all been done where do you go now so many times by people that dont like hardcore, but when i post this response i have never recieved an answer. so what you saying is that no matter what, you always have to do more. if that was true, then wouldnt that apply to a straight up wrestling match as well? by your logic it would have to. so every match that you see today has already been done thosands of times. so if you have to always do more with hardcore why wouldnt you have to do more with regular wrestling? if you always had to do more, then you would have to. so regular wrestling is what killed wrestling then. its been so overdone that people just dont care anymore. see i dont believe that either. see you can watch an ecw day once in a while. that maybe true with you, but to a dedicated ecw fan its not. i can watch a 2 day death match tournamnet straight through while only skipping the non death matches. i could never do that with non death matches. i just get tired of it very quickly. but i never get tired of the death matches, and they dont need to top themsleves in every match, because they do different stuff. its all an opinion of what you like and dont like.

You dont remember Vince blowing him self up in the limo? Days later come on TV, because Benoit killed himself, so he had to comment on it. Well boo by god Im the first to comment then; I have stood up do the indywebmaster!!! lol. Yes, wrestling does have to top itself every once in a while, form singles, to 2of3 falls, to tag team, to battle royals, to ladder matches, to royal rumbles, to ironman etc. wrestling has changed, they thing is, hardcore didnt, and thats why its not around anymore.

..............this is the only fact that you posted and it is 100% incorrect. nobody was sick of it. The reason ecw died is because heyman was a control freak workaholic that insisted on doing everything himself. no matter who you are that will burn you out. he did stupid shit like buying many new sets of belts, and paying shiloads of cash to make the ecw album, which nobody even used the covers of the songs as their music. ecw went on for laong time with the wrestlers working for free just to please the fans. Nobody was sick and tired of it at all.
To add to that point Shane ran the hardcore homecoming ecw reunion show in 2005. They spent no money even advertising it because as soon as it hit the internet it sold out so fast that they ended having the biggest crowd that the ecw area has ever seen, because for the first time they opened up seating on the balconies and in the eagles nest that was never done before. The greatest fact about this show was the cheap seats were $99. it was easily the greatest wrestling show I ever attended.
Heyman was a control freak yes, but not a workaholic, he was lazy and thats why he never made any money. Buying things he didnt need is also a reason. The show sold out because ecw hadnt been there in so long, as you can tell it didnt work because the tour didnt last very long. The greatest fact isnt that the cheap seats were $99; the greatest fact is that a stupid fan like you bought the ticket. If this was the greatest even you have ever attended, then you dont go to very many shows.

```````there are many forms of wrestling. hardcore is just another type. this last statement pretty much killed any credibility that you had with me, because i think anybody is entitled to an opinion. but when you have to play the oh this isnt wrestling card, that just shows that you cant make a real opinion on the subject. and so you know wv has a death match tournament almost every year that does very well. so i also disagree with that.
Why did it kill my credibility?? If anything I have some on this board because I always post my name unless I forget, and always post what I think. I cant make an opinion??? I made my opinion, its what your commenting on, the fact the hardcore died because nobody can put up with it all the time, unless you like metal music, a pill head, and play world of war craft all damn day and live with our mom. I live in wv and have never heard of the death match tournament, so if its such a success, what kind of big name wrestlers are on it?? So I disagree with you

December 4th, 2011, 5:20 am #9

``````````now obviously i disagree with pretty much everything you said. heres why. everything you said is an opinion, except for one fact, and that fact was simply not true.

I disagree on some of your statements. For one, shane douglas means nothing. ECW didnt change WRESTLING, it killed it. When they started doing that, then vince did it to, but they both did it to much.

```````````````shane may mean nothing to you, but i disagree. ecw didnt kill wrestling at all. vince killed wrestling when he bought out the competition, and then let his ego over ride what used to be a great mind. when he had no competition he stopped caring about what he put out because he no longer had to beat anyone. there is only one of those 3 feds left and the wwe ratings are less than half of what they used to be when all 3 existed. plus ecw was made to be different. that was the motto. they didnt expect the other 2 feds to try and copy them. but they did because they wanted to do what wa sgetting ecw so over with the fans.

in the early 2000's, some people that was the hottest era in wrestling,

`````````they do? dont you mean the late 90s? by 2000 wcw was shit and ecw ran out of money and stopped being able to pay people and lost so much talent.

because it was something you didnt see all the time, people jumping of buildings, getting hit by cars, anything you can think of, but they did all of it in 4-5 years.

````````ecw started in 92. they werent totaly extreme at first, but by myabe 94 or so they were getting there.

so now were do you go with it?? nowhere, because its all been done, now the only thing to top what they did was kill someone, which they tried. but now i would say wrewstling is at a all time low, why?? because that killed wrestling. I can watch a ecw dvd once in a while, but i can watch WRESTLING everyday, simply because its WRESTLING, with a few crazy things happening here and there.

ECW was lets have a death match every match on the card, then halfway through it let 4 guys interfere, then have a crazy finish. its like a carnival, you have it once a year, you can put up with it, but have it everyday, your sick of the rollercoasters, because now your used to them and they dont mean anything to you. Same with hardcore,

`````````ecw didnt do death matches, but this is your opinion on it, just dont claim it to be everybody else because its not.

why did ECW only last 5 years, becaus of money problems like you said, but why did they have the money problems?? because everyone was sick and tired of watching it.

````````this is the only fact that you posted and it is 100% incorrect. nobody was sick of it. the reason ecw died is because heyman was a control freak workaholic that insisted on doing evereything himself. no matter who you are that will burn you out. he did stupid shit like buying many new sets of belts, and paying shiloads of cash to make the ecw album, which nobody even used the covers of the songs as their music. ecw went on for laong time with the wrestlers working for free just to please the fans. nobody was sick and tired of it at all.
to add to that point shane ran the hardcore homecoming ecw reunion show in 2005. they spent no money even advertsing it because as soon as it hit the internet it sold out so fast that they ended having the biggest crowd that the ecw area has ever seen, because for the first time they opened up seating on the balconies and in the eagles nest that was never done before. the greatest fact about this show was the cheap seats were $99 . it was easily the greatest wrestling show i ever attended.

I know someone will post about all the huge crowds they drew, well how hard is it to draw 2000 people in a bingo hall in philly, when 20 million people live there?? not very hard,

````````well if your admitting they aways sold out the area, then how did they go outta business because people got tired of it? that just never happened.

and philly is a tough crowd anyway, thats the only reason it lasted 5 years,

````philly is the toughest crowd, correct. ecw last 9+ years.

if they would have ran any town in west virginia they would have been shut down, because that wasnt Wrestling, it was a bunch of beach bums, pill heads, and lousy workers for the most part, doing something that takes no talent.

Ratings are lower because there are more viewers spread out over more channels and there is much more entertainment outlets otherwise.

December 4th, 2011, 6:08 am #10

Results?