World Juniors .... James Duthie, Bob McKenzie And Ray Ferraro, Are These Guys The Best ?

World Juniors .... James Duthie, Bob McKenzie And Ray Ferraro, Are These Guys The Best ?

December 30th, 2011, 11:44 pm #1

<strong>Every Christmas when the World Junior theme is qeued on TSN, I immediately think of Bob McKenzie and James Duthie! Especially so last year when I was fortunate enough to have tickets for the entire tournament in Buffalo, New York and had the opportunity to see this talented tandum live and chatted with them both (off camera of course, lol) in the confines of their remote broadcast studio within the HSBC arena in Buffalo.</strong>

<strong>This year is as equally exciting (almost, but my invitation to Alberta from Bob must have been lost in the Christmas mail) watching their indepth analysis along with Ray Ferraro on TSN. Their broadcasting expertise is synonymous with the World Junior Tournament each Christmas and I just want to give a loud and proud Canadian shout out to the BEST broadcasting coverage of any hockey event (yes even the Stanley Cup Playoffs) with that fella Ron something and his (archaic, lol) sidekick!</strong>

<strong>Thanks fellas for the amazing insight and detailed analysis at this fantastic amateur tournament which features the up and rising stars of the future! Great Job James, Bob and Ray!</strong>

December 31st, 2011, 2:42 am #2

When a Canadian refers to "even the Stanley Cup" as it pertains to television coverage, I just have to laugh. I am sure that refers to the CBC. Well, most (all) intelligent hockey fans with a flat panel HD TV (with sound) watch their Stanley Cup Finals on NBC with Mike Emrick (arguably the best hockey commentator on TV). Sadly, even TSN's WJC coverage lags behind the camera coverage of a regular season game on NBC/Versus. You are right on one thing. The analysis on the "CHL ALL STAR TOURNAMENT" (oops, I mean WJC) is top notch. Remember, it is TSN's cash cow, they trick Canadian hockey fans into believing this is a tournament people care about and not a scouting combine (see Petr Mrazek, oops drafted). Hate to disturb your table hockey romanticism, but Americans televise hockey much better than Canadians and the WJC has become a made for TV tournament. Great hockey, but sorry guys!!!!!

December 31st, 2011, 3:06 am #3

ok mike emerrik seriously? the best announcer to date is rick jeanertee american side and bob cole in his haydays

December 31st, 2011, 3:12 am #4

Hey, nice comeback......close with Rick Jeanneret (I know how to spell it)...I'm going to give you that one. But Bob Cole??? Child, please??? He was average before he forgot all of the players names. Just because the CBC tells you it's good, it doesn't make it true. Something tells me you need 'NHL Centre Ice' for some more exposure and a 'Scrabble' game for spelling practice.

December 31st, 2011, 3:58 am #5

oo i had center ice i loved it now its too expensive lol ok the most annoying guy ever for broadcasting is jack edwards he is so biased for the bruins you can tell

December 31st, 2011, 4:21 am #6

Rick Jeanneret and Joe Bowen by far. They are the two most enthusiastic and passionate announcers in the game. And please dont tell me that I am brain washed by CBC, but I think that Hughson and Simpson do a decent job (when they arent broadcasting Canucks or Oilers games). Not to mention CBC's HD quality is excellent to take in a game. My favorite crew of all time was Joe Bowen and Harry Neale, especially Joe Bowens call of a playoff game between the Leafs and the Flyers where Bowen let out all of his emotions on the Leafs radio broadcast. TRUE PASSION.

And I feel bad for you, I think you have spent a bit too much time watching hockey south of the boarder if you think that NBC and Versus put on a better broadcast than CBC, TSN, SportsNet, LEAFS TV etc.

PS: Sorry for your loss against the Czechs today... hopefully the US is still good enough not to get relegated. But it should be ok for you since your not Being tricked into believing that this is a tournament that people care about.

December 31st, 2011, 4:35 am #7

blaze i agree with you 100% couldnt agree with you more

December 31st, 2011, 5:08 am #8

Typical Canadian reaction. I am Canadian and have watched Canadian hockey for 40 years and know people who work for both TSN and the CBC. You are a typical of the Don Cherry 'Leaf-tard' who is told what they should believe. My friends who work in Canadian television admit that they don't have the resources to compete with NBC. As for Joe Bowen, he is a shill for the Leafs, a cheerleader. At least on regional American broadcasts, they admit they are homers, Bowen tries to be a 'National' broadcaster (which he will never be). So, when Joe Bowen gets a job as something other than a cheerleader, let me know. Funny, every time Canadian hockey fan doesn't hear the Don Cherry opinion, it must be American or European. Sorry, dude....Ontario born and bred...maybe you need to get new rabbit ears for your TV...you may be surprised.

December 31st, 2011, 5:12 am #9

By the way, LeafsTV is one of the bigger jokes. The centre (notice 'centre') ice camera may have been cool in the 'Hot Stove Lounge' era but it would be nice to have more camera angles. If Leaf fans had enough PASSION to stay in their seats (and not the bar) for the game, they could get some guy with an iPhone to broadcast the game...but I am sure you know best...because that's what you were told by Norm Rumack.

December 31st, 2011, 5:17 am #10

i agree with that too many seats empty at the acc just for beer