Which Teams R Paying Player Fees?

Which Teams R Paying Player Fees?

July 26th, 2011, 3:27 pm #1

anyone know which teams are paying the $750 player fees for the players this year? aurora, trenton, georgetown, wellington are from what my kid tells me....is there a league rule on this ?

July 26th, 2011, 6:45 pm #2

i cant imagine some of the veteran players who have played in the league for a couple years would be too happy with paying to play and 750 is not a cheap number for teenagers who dont have there parents helping them out

July 26th, 2011, 9:48 pm #3

anyone know which teams are paying the $750 player fees for the players this year? aurora, trenton, georgetown, wellington are from what my kid tells me....is there a league rule on this ?
Why would the league care who pays the fees? The intent is to pay owners to collapse the teams. Why would they care?
More interesting to me is will they cease to collect after collapsed teams are paid.?

July 27th, 2011, 2:52 pm #4

i cant imagine some of the veteran players who have played in the league for a couple years would be too happy with paying to play and 750 is not a cheap number for teenagers who dont have there parents helping them out
750? don't forget about the players having to get Sponsers too

Sounds like Rep Hockey
you have junior B Teams that don't charge a dime, and also have some equipment perks for the players.

WHAT GIVES?????

in my opinion, when a Team becomes available, say the Wings, the city of Hamilton should buy the Team, that way the team would be well advertised, you would have alot more Fans, even actually get some stories on the Team in the Spectator News paper,or on other local media outlets, which is long Overdue. would be a Win Win situation for the City and the players. and the Team would be a Great Ambassador for the city. Instead of out side Owners of Teams with their own personal agendas
who do not even live in the City.

July 27th, 2011, 4:37 pm #5

Why would the league care who pays the fees? The intent is to pay owners to collapse the teams. Why would they care?
More interesting to me is will they cease to collect after collapsed teams are paid.?
C'mon, its like the GST, once its there no politician in office is going to cancel the revenue stream. Once these guys get their money hooks in everyone it will only get worse until the players will be expected to cover the entire budget. The only relief will be to those top players who will be recruited using it as a carrot - then the rest of the players on the team will pay for them as well. Its just a continuation of the minor hockey cesspool that we've all had to deal with.

August 3rd, 2011, 3:00 pm #6

It was told to me that the fees are to support the new league expenses not for contraction eg office and staff

But correct me if I'm wrong they still belong to the OHA who has an office and staff so are they starting their own on top of that or are they breaking away like the OHL did years ago?

August 3rd, 2011, 3:38 pm #7

.........."It was told to me that the fees are to support the new league expenses not for contraction eg office and staff."

NO WAY! Figure out how many players are playing and multiply that number by $750. It looks to me that is about $18,000 per team. If the league is paying executive and other expenses..........I want a job with the league!!!!!!! I mean, Mr Savoy must do something else besides working with the league....it is a part time job at best.

How did they pay their executive and expenses before the $750?????????

The $750 is for contraction.

August 4th, 2011, 12:25 am #8

Savoy is full time i know that, and they are adding a few more paid staff from what I hear

August 4th, 2011, 1:20 am #9

Sorry, I just don't buy that. There is no way that this is a full time job. If he is working on this league for 12 months a year, at least 40 hours a week, from what I have seen, the league is NOT getting their money's worth. I am going to find out.

Plus, how did the league pay the commissioner prior to the $750 per player fees????? The fee only started last year.

August 6th, 2011, 3:26 pm #10

Guarantee cash , it's full time and i also agree that in over two years very little has actually been accomplished

Lots of press releases and talk of of what's planned, but reality is other than q terrible contraction model that has seen several team that should have been flagships for the league disappear .....the league is no further ahead and is a finical mess. Collin wood, couch and soon to be Huntsville should be the foundation of the league....they have constantly shown good attendance even in bad years, they support their hockey ...it's not their fault that the league refused to address the issues to allow them to comPete without going bust in the process

The player fee is a prime example, with daddy teams paying it small market teams are forced to add 25 k to their budgets if they want to keep or get the same players ...with no draft, no protected territories and huge disadvantages in travel and billets there is no way small town teams can survive long term

The question is to the OJHL what is your model ? Right now it is for a 22 team league primarily in Toronto area of daddy owners willing to absorb 100k plus losses annually with 80-120 average attendances .

It doesn't take a genius to figure out this is bad business and is bound to fail

My view from cheap seats....