Teakle Relieved???

Teakle Relieved???

April 27th, 2012, 9:11 pm #1

Paul J. Rellinger @NorthNews_Relly

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

@north_news: BREAKING: Cobourg Cougars have relieved head coach, Justin Teakle, of his duties. #cobourg @OJHLOfficial @CougarsHockey

April 28th, 2012, 7:30 pm #2

To start, I believe Teakle is still listed on the Cougar website.

If Mr. Teakle has indeed fallen prey the axe, I just wanna reiterate to Cobourg Cougar fans.......I told you so! From what I've heard, management was unhappy with this guy for a loooooooong time.

It's never a good thing when a nice man (by all accounts) loses his job.

Cobourg fans have to realize however, a nice fella and a positive community presence don't make a top notch coach.

I for one would love to see Dan Cameron behind the Cougar bench next season. Probably won't happen, but, it would be a perfect fit in my estimation.

April 29th, 2012, 1:36 pm #3

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

@north_news: BREAKING: Cobourg Cougars have relieved head coach, Justin Teakle, of his duties. #cobourg @OJHLOfficial @CougarsHockey
As posted on the players BBM group on Sat Teakle is finished. A great sense of relief from the team as he was disliked by so many. His immaturity as a coach showed all season. Just cos Daddy is a big time scout doesn't mean you know it all. Bye Bye Buddy!!

April 29th, 2012, 2:03 pm #4

I am surprised that Teakle has left Cobourg. Last season he set a record for the best year the Cougars have had in junior A history along with Todd Diminie. I have heard from a reliable source that Diminie has also resigned from the Cougars. Diminie is a Cobourg boy and from all reports was well liked by the team. Something strange is going on in Cougarville.

April 29th, 2012, 2:44 pm #5

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

If indeed it is true that Diminie has resigned it is a huge loss for the team and organization. He is superb at recruiting, spotting talent and managing the team, honest and capable of maintaining good relationships. Everything you want in a GM. Including the respect of the community.

April 29th, 2012, 3:30 pm #6

If this is all true, just reinforces my belief that the Cobourg Cougar organization is a second rate club that still struggles in comparison to the big boys of the division.

Why would anybody wanna come and play for a team with such internal strife, when you've got a plethora of top notch clubs within an hours drive of Cobourg.

I've never been a huge backer of this organization, although I will say Wayne Marchment brought them to respectability at the least.

Diminie is a decent talent evaluator and recruiter, but, rode the coat-tails of a team somebody else assembled-plain and simple!

As for respect within the locker room, I'm not as sure. Was told first-hand by a few Cougar players that the GM as well as the owner weren't always straight up with them, and that communication was/is definitely lacking. Apparently promises aren't/weren't being met......and then silence, deafening silence!

I say, bring on the Danny Cameron show. Doesn't anybody else out there think he would be a perfect match for the community and the high flying Cougars?

April 29th, 2012, 5:29 pm #7

CCH you gotta stop pushin Cameron.His days are over . Gong show hockey is over. There is NO WAY A CLASSY organization like Cobourg would even consider him.

April 29th, 2012, 5:46 pm #8

If this is all true, just reinforces my belief that the Cobourg Cougar organization is a second rate club that still struggles in comparison to the big boys of the division.

Why would anybody wanna come and play for a team with such internal strife, when you've got a plethora of top notch clubs within an hours drive of Cobourg.

I've never been a huge backer of this organization, although I will say Wayne Marchment brought them to respectability at the least.

Diminie is a decent talent evaluator and recruiter, but, rode the coat-tails of a team somebody else assembled-plain and simple!

As for respect within the locker room, I'm not as sure. Was told first-hand by a few Cougar players that the GM as well as the owner weren't always straight up with them, and that communication was/is definitely lacking. Apparently promises aren't/weren't being met......and then silence, deafening silence!

I say, bring on the Danny Cameron show. Doesn't anybody else out there think he would be a perfect match for the community and the high flying Cougars?
Lounger; you keep goin on about 'the team that Marchment built'? Give it up. What kind of success did Marchment ever have? I see very few players that were signed by Marchment. A little obvious that Diminie was Director of Hockey during Marchments last year and obviously by looking at the success of Cobourg this past season Diminie played a huge role in the building and success of this team both on and off the ice beginning the year prior. So I completely disagree with your comment about Diminie riding any coat-tails. I agree with Oldlifeline - honest and good GMs like Todd Dimini are rare especially one who is a local boy and once a Cougar himself. As I said there MUST be something up in Cougarville because Diminie must have a good reason to resign. Guess we will find out next week in the media. HUGE LOSS for Cobourg.

April 29th, 2012, 6:07 pm #9

Right on pevious post. Perry Bowles and Curtis Hodgins? Watch out the rest of the league.

April 29th, 2012, 6:22 pm #10

If what you say is true then Bowmanville Eagles have just been reborn in Cobourg with Mackie as part owner. Hmmm strange because Diminie worked with them in Bowmanville - must be other reasons for him to resign?

Looking forward to seeing what Cash has to say about all of this.