Pickering surprises Toronto Lakeshore

Pickering surprises Toronto Lakeshore

February 16th, 2012, 6:34 am #1

In what many thought would be a quick 3 and done series, the Pickering Panthers shocked the Patriots tonight with a 4-2 win.

I have always said, minus the crazy antics, Dan Cameron really gets the best out of his players even when people think the team is nothing.

Have been impressed with Tarintino of the Patriots, but this series could really be based on who can outcoach who. Sometimes teams have no business being where they are and because of great coaching, find ways to win!

Congratulations to Pickering for pulling off a big win; though it's only 1 game, maybe forum pundits wrote you off in 3

DUKES_FAN

February 16th, 2012, 8:26 am #2

I was at the game in Pickering tonight.

Pickering had a very clear game plan, and executed it perfectly. When they gained the lead, they shortened their shifts, and executed line changes extremely effectively.

I witnessed one series where the Panthers, on a faceoff from an icing where they could not change, they quickly changed two players while icing the puck again, which prevented further changes...however, Cameron was on the bench clapping and yelling, "That's okay".

They had made the changes they wanted, the RIGHT changes, and on the next faceoff they moved the puck out of their own zone down the right side...the side which had changed prior to the second icing.

Cameron has these guys playing a system that works for them...it may be unorthodox according to traditional hockey views, and the players don't even seem to completely understand WHY it is working for them...but unless Toronto Lakeshore figures it out, these Panthers are going to be difficult to beat.