Ode To The Hamilton Kilty Bees

Ode To The Hamilton Kilty Bees

January 6th, 2012, 6:47 pm #1

As I write this as a last requiem for a team that I loved and supported for over 20 years I think back to better days at Hestor Street arena .I think of all the young players that I watched giving 110% on the ice for the shear love of the game and the dream of one day playing in "The Bigs".I think of Larry Woods ,The Doc,Franky Grandits,Stinger ,the 50/50 ladies ,Ashley Leggatt,Cheyne Lazar ,Matt Oikawa ,Bob Morley,Kid's night ,Matt Turek ,The Cybalski Brothers Ron and Dennis,Ricky Walton ,Aaron McCormack ,Steve Rebelo ,Brian Ramm ,Josh Soares ,Jon Jankus,Glen Walsh ,Coach McDonald ,Corey Stringer ,Peter Leblanc.
I am sad to think that due to the acts of present day ownership I do not wish to watch this train wreck any longer .
I think of my step kids,now 27 and 25 as young children watching this team .I think of my own sons(now 16 and 9) at 4 and 7 days old being lugged to games on Monday nights.
I think of the crowded,yes crowded seats of cheering fans.
I think of all the people I have met through the years that have slowly but surely fallen by the wayside as the crowds dwindled.
See ya Kilty's ,ooops Red Wings .I dont like what you represent any more.I love the game ,I love the kids playing the game but I dont enjoy stench of politics that now fills Hestor Street ,oh sorry Dave Andreychuk Arena.
I just wish we could have our old Kilty's back!!

January 6th, 2012, 7:02 pm #2

Well hymens only doing what he's able to do within the leagues rules, so hard to fault him when isn't it? Say Rad comes in and says I want out now....no kid will report back in a trade and kid says he's going to walk in off season....what would u do? Highest bidder wins, that's what. Put rules in place that stop the crap I say...

January 6th, 2012, 7:03 pm #3

As I write this as a last requiem for a team that I loved and supported for over 20 years I think back to better days at Hestor Street arena .I think of all the young players that I watched giving 110% on the ice for the shear love of the game and the dream of one day playing in "The Bigs".I think of Larry Woods ,The Doc,Franky Grandits,Stinger ,the 50/50 ladies ,Ashley Leggatt,Cheyne Lazar ,Matt Oikawa ,Bob Morley,Kid's night ,Matt Turek ,The Cybalski Brothers Ron and Dennis,Ricky Walton ,Aaron McCormack ,Steve Rebelo ,Brian Ramm ,Josh Soares ,Jon Jankus,Glen Walsh ,Coach McDonald ,Corey Stringer ,Peter Leblanc.
I am sad to think that due to the acts of present day ownership I do not wish to watch this train wreck any longer .
I think of my step kids,now 27 and 25 as young children watching this team .I think of my own sons(now 16 and 9) at 4 and 7 days old being lugged to games on Monday nights.
I think of all the people I have met through the years that have slowly but surely fallen by the wayside as the crowds dwindled.
See ya Kilty's ,ooops Red Wings .I dont like what you represent any more.I love the game ,I love the kids playing the game but I dont enjoy stench of politics that now fills Hestor Street ,oh sorry Dave Andreychuk Arena.
Well hymens only doing what he's able to do within the leagues rules, so hard to fault him when isn't it? Say Rad comes in and says I want out now....no kid will report back in a trade and kid says he's going to walk in off season....what would u do? Highest bidder wins, that's what. Put rules in place that stop the crap I say...

January 6th, 2012, 7:45 pm #4

I would love to believe that's what's happening in all the recent departures but I'd be a fool .
I will wear my two Kilty Jerseys with pride wherever I end up watching junior hockey! it just wont be at the Dave

January 6th, 2012, 7:56 pm #5

hate to lose you mike gonna miss you buddy.

January 6th, 2012, 8:03 pm #6

Gonna miss going to the games every Monday, but when Management cares about money more than the fans, there is just no point of going anymore...

Since Hyman took over:
-Increased ticket prices
-Increased 50/50 prices
-Worse team (largely inpart of him wanting his Sons to take over the team, causing the actually GOOD players to want out)

I really hope someone who watches the Wings wins the lottery and takes over this team instead of this goof.

Dave

January 6th, 2012, 8:24 pm #7

everyone has the right to not go to games its up to the indivdual person . maybe theres big things in store for the redwings you never know

January 7th, 2012, 3:43 pm #8

Gonna miss going to the games every Monday, but when Management cares about money more than the fans, there is just no point of going anymore...

Since Hyman took over:
-Increased ticket prices
-Increased 50/50 prices
-Worse team (largely inpart of him wanting his Sons to take over the team, causing the actually GOOD players to want out)

I really hope someone who watches the Wings wins the lottery and takes over this team instead of this goof.

Dave
I get your point Dave....but the costs to operate with contraction, pressures on equipments supplies, travel, billeting, etc have all gone up huge...what do you think is a reasonable amount of money to lose running a team? Look at Kingston, losing 75k easy this year with a 500 club...and lost 150k easy running a championship team

Fix the system OJHL

January 7th, 2012, 5:44 pm #9

Thats fair but if you cannot afford it get out regardless of who you are.

January 7th, 2012, 5:44 pm #10

I get your point Dave....but the costs to operate with contraction, pressures on equipments supplies, travel, billeting, etc have all gone up huge...what do you think is a reasonable amount of money to lose running a team? Look at Kingston, losing 75k easy this year with a 500 club...and lost 150k easy running a championship team

Fix the system OJHL
Highfader, there is so much money changing under the table its not funny. Losses above table, profits below. So many dads out there are buying icetime for their kids. A team might have one majority daddy owner but underneath that you have got 5-6 other wealthy dads putting in "sponsorship monies"(ie. buying icetime). This does not include the wealthy U.S. dads coming up and pumping money into teams. The league is doing fine-financially. Money is the least of worries in this loop. The problem is there is too much of it from so many different sources that money has become the "cancer" of this league. Imagine that, so much money coming in yet only 20 people in the stands. Go figure.