Miller Hot Again ( Tootoo This Time )

Miller Hot Again ( Tootoo This Time )

December 4th, 2011, 6:00 am #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc0tQGwT ... r_embedded

what everyone think ? looks like Tootoo may have been pushed but he did clearly Jump at him So Do You Think Tootoo should get any games for this ?

December 4th, 2011, 6:01 am #2

should say Hit Not Hot lol

December 4th, 2011, 6:21 am #3

Sheriff Shanny has brought a whole heap of crap on himself now. Letting Lucic get away without even a fine was a joke. He was making no effort to get out of the way on that one.

On the Tootoo hit, Jordan was making a hockey play, driving down the wing, beating the defenseman and driving the goal. He was absolutely helped into Miller. I see this play as a lot less than the Lucic play which resulted in nothing.

If Tootoo is suspended, you can guarantee it will be firmly appealed.

Where's Colin Campbell when you need him...

DUKES_FAN

December 4th, 2011, 4:31 pm #4

i agree this (tootoo) was a hockey play. he is going hard to the net with the puck with a defender on him. there is no way you can suspend him for this after lucic clearly ran miller in a non hockey play.

December 4th, 2011, 5:28 pm #5

Big difference is that Miller was in his crease on this one,

December 4th, 2011, 6:34 pm #6

I agree with Tyler, players should be allowed to drive the net when they have the puck or when they're digging for a loose puck. Look at Rene Bourque's goal last night for Calgary. He dove over and through Nikolai Khabibulin to get to the rebound. Miller reacted the way he did because was just oversensitive after missing time due to the Lucic hit. And Tootoo was pushed in a bit by Christian Ehrhoff. If you watch the replay closely, Tootoo tried to lessen the blow on Miller by laying out his body and turning his back to Miller on contact. If Tootoo is suspended the whole process becomes a joke. Shanahan set the precedent by not suspending Lucic.

December 4th, 2011, 7:31 pm #7

Big difference is that Miller was in his crease on this one,
"Big difference is that Miller was in his crease on this one,"

Actually, according to the rules, this makes absolutely no difference. A goalie may not be touched, anywhere on the ice, bottom line.

December 4th, 2011, 7:47 pm #8

and Tootoo Clearly Jumped At Miller Weather He Was Pushed Or Not Which If He Was It Didn't Look Like It Was Very Hard He Still Jumped At Him

December 4th, 2011, 8:58 pm #9

i have to agree with the fact it was a hockey play he was helped into miller. But like a few friends and I were talking about when miller got hit the first time.There should have been at the least i fine just so the players realize this is not aloud although IMO i think the first hit should have been an easy 4 or 5 games but who am i to say.Mr Shanahan really messed up cause it was bound to happen again and with there being no punishment the first time for a non hockey play how does he discipline this play?????

GO HAWKS GO

December 4th, 2011, 10:52 pm #10

"Big difference is that Miller was in his crease on this one,"

Actually, according to the rules, this makes absolutely no difference. A goalie may not be touched, anywhere on the ice, bottom line.
Actually Sharpie you are wrong again - straight out of the NHL Rulebook:

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If a goalkeeper, in the act of establishing his position within his goal crease, initiates contact with an attacking player who is in the goal crease, and this results in an impairment of the goalkeepers ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If, after any contact by a goalkeeper who is attempting to establish position in his goal crease, the attacking player does not immediately vacate his current position in the goal crease (i.e. give ground to the goalkeeper), and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed. In all such cases, whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a minor penalty for goalkeeper interference.

If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeepers vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

For this purpose, a player establishes a significant position within the crease when, in the Referees judgment, his body, or a substantial portion thereof, is within the goal crease for more than an instantaneous period of time.

Refer also to Reference Tables Table 18 Interference on the Goalkeeper Situations.

69.4 Contact Outside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates any contact with a goalkeeper, other than incidental contact, while the goalkeeper is outside his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

A goalkeeper is not fair game just because he is outside the goal crease. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an attacking player makes unnecessary contact with the goalkeeper. However, incidental contact will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such unnecessary contact.

SO AS YOU CAN SEE, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE CREASE AND DEPENDING UPON INCIDENTAL CONTACT OR DELIBERATE. SO MUCH FOR BEING 99% CORRECT !